Mic that came with xbox will not let me talk back..

Discus and support Mic that came with xbox will not let me talk back.. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This issue just literally started happening to me. I was talking with some buddies and all of the sudden they couldn't hear me but I could hear them... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JTTGentleSavage, Mar 21, 2015.

1. Mic that came with xbox will not let me talk back..

This issue just literally started happening to me. I was talking with some buddies and all of the sudden they couldn't hear me but I could hear them just fine. I have done all the steps Miss Quinzel posted but nothing is working. Like I said it was literally
    just working fine a hour ago now nothing at all. I have replaced 2 mics through you guys I will not do it again unless its free.

:)

JTTGentleSavage, Mar 21, 2015
  2. Nova700et2
    Nova700et2 Guest
    Xbox one mic stopped working

Same problem tried to talk through my head set mic (turtle beach not that pos one that came with it). Doesn't work at all. I have to use the kinect mic to talk to anyone. It is not the headset, it promise it is something with the xbox. The mic indicator
    lights up when I plug it in or unplug from my controller.

Nova700et2, Mar 21, 2015
  3. OGLizardBone
    OGLizardBone Guest
    My Mic lets me hear stuff but it won't let me talk.

I've tried restarting my Xbox power cycling it, testing my mic with other controllers but my mic still won't let me talk. I know it works cause I talk with it on the phone. Please help.

OGLizardBone, Mar 21, 2015
  4. Mic that came with xbox will not let me talk back..

Still not working tried a new mic and controller from a buddy but it did not fix the issue. So its on you guys to fix it. I pay monthly to be able to chat with friends on xbox live and play online with them. Been doing it for 6 years now stuff like this
    shouldn't be happening. Maybe a controller update or something would fix it? Who knows..

JTTGentleSavage, Mar 22, 2015
  5. SAUZEEG
    SAUZEEG Guest
    I started having this issue yesterday as well, I can hear everyone, but I can't talk to them, they don't hear me. The icon doesn't even highlight when I talk, almost as if my voice isn't being picked up. Tried switching controllers, tried switching headsets,
    still the same problem. Like the OP, I too am frustrated because I'm PAYING for a service and this is what I'm getting for my money!? Please resolve this ASAP. Thank you.

SAUZEEG, Mar 22, 2015
  6. MR MOO 69
    MR MOO 69 Guest
    Having same problem as above since the update no one can hear me when im in a party but i can hear them its extremly annoying, especially when your playing battlefield hardline which requiers teamwork

MR MOO 69, Oct 31, 2018
  7. SAUZEEG Win User

I started having this issue yesterday as well, I can hear everyone, but I can't talk to them, they don't hear me. The icon doesn't even highlight when I talk, almost as if my voice isn't being picked up. Tried switching controllers, tried switching headsets,
    still the same problem. Like the OP, I too am frustrated because I'm PAYING for a service and this is what I'm getting for my money!? Please resolve this ASAP. Thank you.
  8. JTTGentleSavage Win User

Still not working tried a new mic and controller from a buddy but it did not fix the issue. So its on you guys to fix it. I pay monthly to be able to chat with friends on xbox live and play online with them. Been doing it for 6 years now stuff like this
    shouldn't be happening. Maybe a controller update or something would fix it? Who knows..
  9. MR MOO 69 Win User

Having same problem as above since the update no one can hear me when im in a party but i can hear them its extremly annoying, especially when your playing battlefield hardline which requiers teamwork
  10. legendaryreward Win User

xbox headset

This happens to my mic sometimes where i can hear the other person but it wont let me talk. What has been working for me is unplugging the xbox and turning it back on.
  11. GoldenSniper874 Win User

Headphones not letting me hear background audio

Headphones that allowed me to hear background noises and talk on the mic only let me talk on the mic. They were compatiable.
Thema:

1. Mic that came with xbox will not let me talk back.. - Similar Threads - Mic came let

2. Is there any possible way at all to use a usb mic on a series S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there any possible way at all to use a usb mic on a series S?: Recently bought a Razer Blackshark v2 X usb mic for my Xbox. Didn’t realise it was usb until after I had bought it. I was wondering if there is any possibility at all that I can use it with my...
  3. Mic doesn't work in Xbox PC Party Chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic doesn't work in Xbox PC Party Chat: I am using my PC and have been using this xbox widget thing for 2 years now. Once I got my new headset I could be heard perfectly in xbox parties except for an echo and the other party members...
  4. how to change mic monitoring on xbox one chatpad on series x?

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to change mic monitoring on xbox one chatpad on series x?: i have an xbox one chat pad.. the best thing Microsoft ever made and then discontinued for some reason... in fact i now have 2 the old one was dropped on the 3.5mm socket with the mic in and has...
  5. My mic isn't working in party chat

in XboX Insiders
    My mic isn't working in party chat: My mic is unmuted, it says I'm united in the party, and my headset mic is on under audio and music. It's a new headset so it can't be hardware issues. In the party, my profile looks a little...
  6. How to speak into my mic without having to hold it in my mouth

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to speak into my mic without having to hold it in my mouth: I bought this spirit fire bundle pack and when I talk I have to hold the mic in my mouth in other for players and other people to hear me 5be9e550-76b9-4002-b752-e0e806b26796
  7. My stealth 600 gen 2 max wireless headphone i cant use my mic it wont let me talk

in XBoX on Consoles
    My stealth 600 gen 2 max wireless headphone i cant use my mic it wont let me talk: My stealth 600 gen 2 max wireless headphone i cant use my mic it wont let me talk im on the controller Xbox accessory I’m looking trying to open up the volume. It keeps skipping past the volume to...
  8. Mic quality gets worse when i switch controllers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic quality gets worse when i switch controllers: when i switched to my white controller my friends in the party would mention that i would sound like a robot but when i switch to my black controller i sound perfectly fine can someone help...
  9. static coming from the Xbox mic that came with console

in XBoX on Consoles
    static coming from the Xbox mic that came with console: the wired mic that came with the day 1 console I am talking about. I never used it since I got the console but today I tried it on Battlefield 4 but everyone I heard talking I could hear what they...
  10. Mic that came with the xbox one won't work in game chat but does in party chat. Can anyone ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic that came with the xbox one won't work in game chat but does in party chat. Can anyone ...: Ive seen this issue in reverse but I can't get it to work in game chat. It used to just fine now it wont, only party chat. Please help. e64374d5-f21b-44c2-94b8-2ba5df87d630