Mic stops working in Xbox Game Bar party as soon as I close the overlay. Anyone know why...

Discus and support Mic stops working in Xbox Game Bar party as soon as I close the overlay. Anyone know why... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; ive tried everything i can please help Anyone know why this might be happening? Just started about 2-3 weeks go. Any other app works totally fine... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Benjamin Burke, Dec 6, 2023.

1. Mic stops working in Xbox Game Bar party as soon as I close the overlay. Anyone know why...

ive tried everything i can please help Anyone know why this might be happening? Just started about 2-3 weeks go. Any other app works totally fine (in-game chats, Discord, Teams/Zoom, etc).

I've tried:

• Terminate/repair/reset on Game Bar app
    • Uninstall & reinstall through admin Powershell
    • All audio device settings are correct as they work with the overlay open
    • All drivers and updates are current

***Moved from Windows / Windows 11 / Gaming***

:)

Benjamin Burke, Dec 6, 2023
  2. Yanyannnn Win User

Mic stops working in Xbox Game Bar party as soon as I close the overlay. Anyone know why this might be happening?

Hello Benjamin Burke,

Thank you for your contribution to the Microsoft community.

We totally understand that you want to fix the issue with your microphone. It's possible that there may be a conflict with other applications or settings on your computer that are causing the issue.

Here are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the problem:

1. Check your privacy settings: Make sure that the Xbox Game Bar app has permission to access your microphone. You can do this by going to Settings > Privacy > Microphone and making sure that the toggle switch for Xbox Game Bar is turned on.

2. Check your audio settings: Make sure that your microphone is set as the default recording device in your audio settings. You can do this by going to Settings > System > Sound > Sound Control Panel > Recording tab and selecting your microphone as the default device.

3. Check for updates: Make sure that your Windows and Xbox Game Bar app are up to date. You can do this by going to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and checking for updates.

4. Try using a different microphone: If you have another microphone available, try using it to see if the issue persists.

Hope I helped! Please do not hesitate to ask if you have further questions.

YanYannn
    Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Yanyannnn Win User

Mic stops working in Xbox Game Bar party as soon as I close the overlay. Anyone know why this might be happening?

Hello Benjamin Burke,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com)

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

4. Benjamin Burke Win User

none of those helped thanks tho
  5. Yanyannnn Win User

Hello Benjamin Burke,

Thank you so much for your reply and for trying the troubleshooting I provided above.

We still have some troubleshooting steps here that worked on previous issues like this. I would be more than glad if you will try them on your end.

Before proceeding, I need to know more details so that we can get the best possible troubleshooting for you.

-May I know what was the last changes/updates you made on your end before the issue occurred?
    - Is everything completely working before?
    -Are you getting any error message?

Here are some of the troubleshooting steps that may help us:

Enable Xbox Game Bar via Settings

1. Press Win + I key and launch Windows Settings
    2. Click the Gaming tab in the left pane and select Xbox Game Bar
    3. Toggle the button next to Open Xbox Game Bar to “On
    4. Reboot the system to apply changes and then launch Xbox Game Bar

Repair or Reset Xbox Game Bar

1. Press Win + I key to launch Windows Settings
    2. Click Apps > Apps & features
    3. Search for “Xbox Game Bar” in the search box and hit Enter
    4. Next, click the three-dot > Advanced options
    5. Select Repair. If this does not do anything, select Reset

Use Registry Editor

1. Press Win + R to open the Run window
    2. Type regedit and then press Enter
    3. Navigate to Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\GameDVR
    4. Look for the AppCatureEnabled key. If you cannot find it, right-click on the space > New > DROWD (32 bit) Value. Name it as AppCaptureEnabled > double-click and set value data to 1.
    5. Try to use Xbox Game Bar and see if issue is resolved

Repair the ieframe.dll file

1. In the search bar, type Command Prompt > right-click > Run as administrator
    2. Type in the following commands. Ensure that you press Enter after entering each command:
      • sfc /scanfile=c:\windows\system32\ieframe.dll
      • sfc /verifyfile=c:\windows\system32\ieframe.dll
      • assoc
      • sfc /scannow
    3. Restart your PC and see if Xbox Game Bar is working

Use Local Group Policy Editor to Enable Xbox Game Bar

1. Press Win + R to open the Run window
    2. Type gpedit.msc and press Enter
    3. Navigate to Local Computer Policy > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Game Recording and Broadcasting
    4. You will see Enables or Disables Windows Game Recording and Broadcasting in the right pane. Double click on it and select Enabled
    5. Click Apply > Ok to save changes

Hope I helped! Please do not hesitate to ask if you have further questions.

YanYannn
      Microsoft Community Moderator
  6. MarkOfYore Win User

PC xbox app: game bar audio bug

I have the same issue. The workaround I'm using is to "pin" the Party Chat Game Bar widget. This way, the party chat stays visible when the rest of the Game Bar overlay disappears, and it keeps your mic active.
Thema:

Mic stops working in Xbox Game Bar party as soon as I close the overlay. Anyone know why...

1. Mic stops working in Xbox Game Bar party as soon as I close the overlay. Anyone know why... - Similar Threads - Mic stops working

2. 3 different headset mics stopped working within a day

in XBoX on Consoles
    3 different headset mics stopped working within a day: i have 3 different headsets and their mics all stopped working within a day after being perfectly fine the day before, ive also tried plugging them into my phone to test the mics and they didn't...
  3. How do I stop my mic monitoring ignoring setting automatically resetting everytime I plug...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I stop my mic monitoring ignoring setting automatically resetting everytime I plug...: Hi. I just bought the gamesir g7 se wired controller and everytime I plug in the controller mic monitoring is automatically reset to a default level. No matter how many times I turn it back down...
  4. Mic not working in Xbox app (PC) & stops working when Game Bar overlay is not active

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mic not working in Xbox app (PC) & stops working when Game Bar overlay is not active: My mic isn't working in Party Chat using the Windows Xbox app. It works when the Game Bar overlay is active but stops working when it the overlay is not visible. It does not work at all in the...
  5. Mic stops working in Xbox Game Bar party as soon as I close the overlay.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mic stops working in Xbox Game Bar party as soon as I close the overlay.: Anyone know why this might be happening? Just started about 2-3 weeks go. Any other app works totally fine (in-game chats, Discord, Teams/Zoom, etc). Windows fully updated, all apps updated....
  6. Solution to stop Mic spammers, trollers

in XBoX on Windows
    Solution to stop Mic spammers, trollers: Why not add a feature where the host of the party can chooses who they trust to send party invites so if the trollers or mic spammers get kicked out of the party they can't join the party unless...
  7. Headset mic stops working when modern warfare is open (Xbox one)

in XboX Insiders
    Headset mic stops working when modern warfare is open (Xbox one): My mic (I can still hear) stops “working” when modern warfare is open if it’s completely closed it works fine (I’ve literally tried troubleshooting everything, googled, and talked with “support”)...
  8. Why did my mic stop working with my controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did my mic stop working with my controllers?: Hey, i’m super annoyed about the entire xbox support system and i’m looking for a fix. My headset with a mic stopped transmitting my mic through the system on both of my controllers. Yes, my mic...
  9. Xbox Party Mic Won't Stop Buzzing on Windows 10

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox Party Mic Won't Stop Buzzing on Windows 10: Hi, I'm having an issue with my mic outputting audio constantly. Friends identify the sound as similar to a fan or just excess background noise, if that's helpful at all. I've seen previous...
  10. Mic works, Start streaming, Mic doesn't work, Stop streaming, Mic works????

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic works, Start streaming, Mic doesn't work, Stop streaming, Mic works????: Basically got the idea in the subject but yeah not too sure how to attack this problem anymore but to ask for help, my mic connected to my wireless controller that is synced to my xbox works fine...