Mic Sounds Bad In Windows 10 Xbox Chat

Discus and support Mic Sounds Bad In Windows 10 Xbox Chat in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have an Audio Technica AT2020 USB+ Microphone (about 200 dollars), and i've been using it for lots of things like discord and skype for a really long... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by LittleGamer8888, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Mic Sounds Bad In Windows 10 Xbox Chat

I have an Audio Technica AT2020 USB+ Microphone (about 200 dollars), and i've been using it for lots of things like discord and skype for a really long time. But whenever I go into a party chat with my friends on Xbox ONE, they say my mic is all staticy
    and like i'm in a shower. They also say they can hear my keyboard really loud. I have no clue why this is an issue as in Discord and Skype my mic sounds perfect with no static, and all my friends say my keyboard isn't that loud. I really would like to know
    a fix because I hate it when all my friends say out-loud "I'm gonna mute this kid cuz it sounds like i'm in a shower with a type-writer"

Send help pls

:)

LittleGamer8888, Jan 31, 2018
  2. Lord Ranta
    Lord Ranta Guest
    Recording stream on Windows 10, Mic and party sound separated

Hi!

My problem is this:

Everything about the recordning works fine, BUT, all my sound is recorded on my laptop and the built in mic is really bad.

Party chat sound is recorded via the Xbox x, when recording the other people in the chat sound normal, but my sound is recorded thru the built in mic on PC. How do I change so my sound also records via the party chat? Should be an easy fix considering Xbox
    basically streams all to win 10.

I´ve got headset connected to xbox controller, I get party + game sound via headset when playing, the PC then records all of this on the PC both video, group chat and people in the group but not my sound, it just ads my mic sound in groupchat via PC.

Lord Ranta, Jan 31, 2018
  3. JOSEWILLSLAY
    JOSEWILLSLAY Guest
    ASTRO A50(gen2) vs Turtlebeach Stealth 500X?

So, from my several hours of research watching Youtube videos and reading reviews on several online retailers, as well as my own experiences, I've come to the conclusion on the difference of these two headsets and their benefits over one another.

Astro A50:
    - Better game audio quality.
    - Better comfort.
    - Worse mic chat quality.
    - Still requires a chat adapter that connects to the controller to use the mic on Xbox One.

Turtlebeach Stealth 500X:
    - Decent(?) game audio quality.
    - Better mic chat quality.
    - Completely wireless, does not require chat adapter to use mic on Xbox One.
    - Bad, bad, bad, absolutely no comfort.

From my personal experience, I've never owned an Astro headset and have only tried them on at a friend's house, but right off the bat I could tell the comfort was absolutely worth it. The problem is, several Youtube videos that using the A50 to record, sound pretty bad. This is important, since the XB1 party chat quality improved drastically, and I would hate to sound like a tin robot, when my friends sound crystal clear with the headset that came with the Xbox One.

I did, however, own a Turtlebeach XP500 for PS3/Xbox360 last gen for 3 years and the game audio quality sounded great to me, and the mic quality is crystal clear. And they are completely wireless. The comfort, though, absolutely horrible. For the first few years, after about 2 or 3 hours of use the headset would begin to make my ears sore. My last year using it, I could only wear it for 10-15 minutes before my ears began to feel sore. The Stealth 500X are all of what I just said, and they're cheaper.

So it comes down to supreme comfort and game audio quality with the A50's, or TRUE wireless and supreme mic chat quality with the Turtlebeach Stealth 500X.

My biggest concerns are the mic quality on the A50's, and the level of comfort on the Stealth 500X, so I was hoping owners of both headsets could hop in here and chime in their opinions and experiences? I thought I learned my lesson that comfort is more important than quality, but it also bugs me just as much to know that I'll sound low quality when I talk to people in party chat(Astro A50).

JOSEWILLSLAY, Jan 31, 2018
  4. Nick Of Troy Win User

Nobody Ever Talks!

Because all you ever hear are morons shouting and swearing, when they aren't whistling, singing or sounding distorted with their bad-qu.ality mics. Best chat is party chat
  5. DIPDIP0TAT0CH1P Win User

Xbox One Stuck on Mute - Headset Tested and Works!

Try this, it worked for me, Plugged my headset into a Windows 10 PC with the USB cable and then unmuted the mic through the windows settings.

Sounds odd, but it worked for me.
  6. XBF Crystal P Win User

Problem of loud sound for my friends

7. ShockedSinger48 Win User

My account was suspended for no reason

how do u ask xbox why u were banned for chatting but no mic
    You got banned for chatting and sending bad message and that is really done without mic.
  8. MirkoSon Win User

windows 10 party chat

I have had issues with the party chat not working till a couple of days ago. I had to make sure that the bitrate/quality setting in the advanced tab of the device settings for both mic and earphones were set to default. I tend to set a bit higher bit rates
    for my devices, but it seems the xbox app can´t cope with anything but the default setting there. I hope this helps others with the same problem.

This link shows the window where you can do what I described.

slashgenie.com/.../Windows-10-Sound-Advanced-Tab.jpg
Thema:

Mic Sounds Bad In Windows 10 Xbox Chat

1. Mic Sounds Bad In Windows 10 Xbox Chat - Similar Threads - Mic Sounds Bad

2. mobil app and group calls, wrong mic picks up the sound :/

in XboX Insiders
    mobil app and group calls, wrong mic picks up the sound :/: If this is the wrong place to ask for help this post can be deleted :3 im a pc gamer, i dont have an xbox x3 But i have a few friends that do and use it as there main platform for gaming. I...
  3. My mic has be sounding like a little kid and its hard for others to understand what im saying

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My mic has be sounding like a little kid and its hard for others to understand what im saying: My mic was perfect until now where it had me sounding like a little kid and its hard for others from the other end to understand what im saying 19bb26cb-3cf6-4481-be6d-865120dd38c8
  4. I can hear sound but my mic won't work, what should I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can hear sound but my mic won't work, what should I do?: I looked on YouTube and asked my friends that have a headset for their Xbox to help me, but they couldn't. 638ae866-5b7b-49d0-83e5-5b1fa6d6b872
  5. Why does my mic have backgound static and sound like its blown speaker

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my mic have backgound static and sound like its blown speaker: Different headset same noise, what can i do? 960568f9-7856-4edf-9ec3-99059de8b98e
  6. need some advice/help for mic/sound issues

in XboX Insiders
    need some advice/help for mic/sound issues: I just purchased a brand new wired controller and a new headset for my Xbox 1 s. Everybody I play with says that they hear an echo coming from me. Please help submitted by /u/Glittering-Arm-9138...
  7. My headset doesn't play sound when the mic is connected

in XBoX on Windows
    My headset doesn't play sound when the mic is connected: I have a Razer Barracuda X which comes with a microphone. In the first day of using it I had both the sound and mic working but the next the mic started causing my headset to stop playing sound....
  8. Xbox Mic has no sound in any games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Mic has no sound in any games: I have two Xbox controllers, three stereo headset jacks and 4 microphones. I have updated the firmware on both Xbox controllers. I have tested all the microphones on my PS4 and they all work just...
  9. xbox game bar mic no sound

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox game bar mic no sound: I like the xbox game bar and I use it every day, but for some reason when I use the record last 30s feature my microphone is not recorded, do you have a solution, thank you.....
  10. Game DVR (Win 10): bad, tinny mic sound

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game DVR (Win 10): bad, tinny mic sound: Hi gyus, my mic sound recording in Game DVR videos is bad (see above), what can I do? It's better in other recording programs, it's absolutely ok in skype etc. I have no idea what to configure......