Mic port on controller broken?

Discus and support Mic port on controller broken? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I've now got 2 of the cheap Xbox microphones that don't work with my Xbox One. First one came with the system (Day One if it matters) and worked... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by glassjaws, Feb 4, 2014.

1. glassjaws
    glassjaws Guest

So I've now got 2 of the cheap Xbox microphones that don't work with my Xbox One. First one came with the system (Day One if it matters) and worked for about a month. Then it started to hum loudly to others so I had to mute it and move over to Kinect to
    chat with others. I finally got another mic yesterday and it worked for about an hour or two. Then it started to have the same issue with the humming. I unplugged it and when I plugged it back it in, it wouldn't work at all. I have no confidence in the
    Xbox mic not being trash, but has anyone had a problem like this and solved it with a new controller?

:)

glassjaws, Feb 4, 2014
  2. controller mic port

ok so recently i was using my controller like always then the mic cut out so i tried moving the mic adapter around but that didnt work so i plugged it into my other controller and it worked fine so i figured well it must be the controller not the adapter
    and sense i cant get a new controller right now i figured id come here so does anybody have any suggestions of what i should do?

xXxCARNAGExXx12, Feb 4, 2014
  3. Ice DjKilla
    Ice DjKilla Guest
    controller mic port

Return the controller if it is still under warranty. More than likely it is the Connection in the controller.

If its not under warranty, you can still pay a fee in order to get it replaced or fixed, or take it to a local repair facility.

Another alternative if you feel safe doing so (and this will indeed void the warranty if their is one, so proceed at your own risk), you could try and fix the problem yourself, which may be simple as something came loose, or possiblity something broke.

Ice DjKilla, Feb 4, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: