Mic only working when I have game bar open

Discus and support Mic only working when I have game bar open in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; When i’m in a party using xbox game bar the people in the party can only hear me when I have game bar open. When it’s close it they can’t hear me but I... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/MysteriousEngineer27, Dec 2, 2023.

1. Mic only working when I have game bar open

When i’m in a party using xbox game bar the people in the party can only hear me when I have game bar open. When it’s close it they can’t hear me but I can hear them just fine. Any fix????

submitted by /u/MysteriousEngineer27
    [link] [comments]

/u/MysteriousEngineer27, Dec 2, 2023
  2. Grubbee Win User

Mic does not work in party while using a controller on pc

Thats what I'm doing.. the only thing I am doing different from playing keyboard/mouse is the controller itself. but when i plug it in every setting on the pc changes to controller mic. Even though the controller has no mic. So I go back through all the
    pc settings and xbox companion settings and change it back but the xbox game bar will not let me use the usb mic anymore. I have to unplug the controller and reset the pc to be able to use my mic again. when I start a party in the companion app it says my
    mic is working , but if i am in a party on that app for some reason I'm not in a party on the game bar... so if i start a party on the game bar the mic still doesn't work..
  3. Preston Wingo Win User

Party Chat Trouble Exclamation Point Triangle

I found the problem today but not sure of an "actual fix". I have had this issue since the updates as well, what I think is happening is that the xbox app is trying to over ride the game bar. So basically when you minimize game bar, your pc is trying to give the xbox app control but when you

re-open your game bar, your pc thinks you want to operate in side game bar and gives mic access back into there. So it keeps switching mic access back and forth. Its funny i uninstalled the xbox app as well as uninstall xbox app overlay and now my game bar works fine with no gold triangle. When i redownload either of the 2 apps the problem comes back. So the problem is in the apps I think
  4. Aifkem Win User

Xbox Series X controller constantly disconnecting from PC when playing, even when connected via USB C one slight nudge and it will disconnect. Any Fixes/Help?

I have a similar problem but it only seems to happen when I open the windows game bar, to record gameplay or take pictures. And when I do none of the buttons on the controller work except the xbox home button which opens the windows game bar but again, can't use any other buttons. My only fix so far is to restart the whole computer, but then I can't record anything.
  5. Hoskayra Win User

Why does the mic audio only work when the Xbox game bar is actively open?

Hello FlabbierExpert, my name is Oskayra and I will be happy to help you.

Microphone audio only works when the Xbox Game Bar is actively open because the Game Bar controls access to the microphone. When the Game Bar is closed, the microphone is automatically muted.

To fix this issue, you can try the following:

1. Make sure microphone access is enabled in Windows settings. You can do it by following these steps:

-Open the Windows Settings app.
    -Go to Privacy and security.
    -Select Microphone.
    -Make sure "Allow apps to access microphone" is enabled.

2. Make sure the microphone is set correctly in the Game Bar settings. You can do it by following these steps:

-Open the Game Bar by pressing Windows + G.
    -Click on the Settings (gear) icon.
    Select "Chat."
    -In the "Microphone" section, make sure the correct microphone is selected and the volume is set to the desired level.
    -Restart your device. Sometimes a simple restart can fix temporary problems.

Through the following links that I will provide you you will be able to see more detailed information regarding the solutions that I gave you in case you want to be sure that my information is correct, keep in mind that I specified the information to help you in a more personalized way to your problem .

https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/4c825045-81f4-4b17-91e0-0f6830bfc191
    Source of information (Credits): Note: The credits for this message go to the Independent advisor Napier since his publication was the basis for obtaining said information. I hope this information has been useful to you.

https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/bddd7c99-89b4-4012-8d79-96a7ee33a6f3
    Source of information (Credits): Note: The credits for this message go to the Independent advisor Gerardo since his publication was the basis for obtaining said information. I hope this information has been useful to you.

https://support.xbox.com/help/frien...re-socialize/troubleshoot-party-audio-windows

I hope this information has been useful to you.
    Oskayra h.
  6. Preston Wingo Win User

Party Chat Trouble Exclamation Point Triangle

Hey I posted this at the end of this thread but im pasting it to you as well - I found the problem but not sure of an "actual fix". I have had this issue since the updates as well, what I think is happening is that the xbox app is trying to over ride the game bar. So basically when you minimize game bar, your pc is trying to give the xbox app control but when you

re-open your game bar, your pc thinks you want to operate in side game bar and gives mic access back into there. So it keeps switching mic access back and forth. Its funny i uninstalled the xbox app as well as uninstall xbox app overlay and now my game bar works fine with no gold triangle. When i redownload either of the 2 apps the problem comes back. So the problem is in the apps. Can someone provide the fix for that? Let me know - Thanks

Delete those 2 apps and my money is on your game bar will start working again.
Thema:

Mic only working when I have game bar open

1. Mic only working when I have game bar open - Similar Threads - Mic working game

2. Xbox mic only working for game chat after streaming to PC Xbox app then closing it

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox mic only working for game chat after streaming to PC Xbox app then closing it: I have an interesting problem. I played around with streaming to my pc from my console so I could use a usb mic I already have hooked up to my pc for better voice chat. However, when trying to use...
  3. XBOX MIC wont work in game chat unless I stream to my pc from console

in XboX Insiders
    XBOX MIC wont work in game chat unless I stream to my pc from console: I have an interesting problem. I played around with streaming to my pc from my console so I could use a usb mic I already have hooked up to my pc for better voice chat. However, when trying to use...
  4. My mic on the windows 11 xbox game bar is not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    My mic on the windows 11 xbox game bar is not working: My mic is not working on the windows 11 xbox game bar. bcc6a97b-a014-4c01-8f27-c1cf3bf27147
  5. Why does the mic audio only work when the Xbox game bar is actively open?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the mic audio only work when the Xbox game bar is actively open?: The mic audio works perfectly fine when I have the Xbox game bar open but, when it Is closed the mic isn'tbeing picked up. 36e51d7b-e67b-4d51-b4d0-37ad18b71460
  6. Mic stops working in Xbox Game Bar party as soon as I close the overlay. Anyone know why...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mic stops working in Xbox Game Bar party as soon as I close the overlay. Anyone know why...: ive tried everything i can please help Anyone know why this might be happening? Just started about 2-3 weeks go. Any other app works totally fine (in-game chats, Discord, Teams/Zoom, etc). I've...
  7. My party chat doesn’t work but the game bar detects my mic i have to have the audio tab...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My party chat doesn’t work but the game bar detects my mic i have to have the audio tab...: I’ve looked everywhere to find a solution but haven’t been able to find anything that actually works. ***Moved from Windows / Windows 11 / Gaming*** 4f701d94-9ad2-44c2-97c9-13558d53c064
  8. Xbox game bar issue (mic only works when actively looking in game bar)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game bar issue (mic only works when actively looking in game bar): Every time I click off game bar to play a game my mic doesn't take any input, however it work as excepted while looking at xbox game bar. I have tried alot of different things such as updating...
  9. Mic doesn't work if not in game bar

in XboX Insiders
    Mic doesn't work if not in game bar: For whatever reason after the latest update, my mic does not work while in an xbox party while I'm on pc unless the game bar is actively open. As soon as I go into a game/other tab, I can still...
  10. Mic not working in Xbox app (PC) & stops working when Game Bar overlay is not active

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mic not working in Xbox app (PC) & stops working when Game Bar overlay is not active: My mic isn't working in Party Chat using the Windows Xbox app. It works when the Game Bar overlay is active but stops working when it the overlay is not visible. It does not work at all in the...