Mic not working in Xbox app (PC) & stops working when Game Bar overlay is not active

Discus and support Mic not working in Xbox app (PC) & stops working when Game Bar overlay is not active in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My mic isn't working in Party Chat using the Windows Xbox app. It works when the Game Bar overlay is active but stops working when it the overlay is... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MarkOfYore, Nov 29, 2023.

1. MarkOfYore
    MarkOfYore Guest

Mic not working in Xbox app (PC) & stops working when Game Bar overlay is not active

My mic isn't working in Party Chat using the Windows Xbox app. It works when the Game Bar overlay is active but stops working when it the overlay is not visible. It does not work at all in the Xbox app, though the app has permission to use my mic and Windows says it is using my mic. I'm using a headset mic through an Astro Mixamp USB mixer. It was working prior to the 27th November 2023 Xbox app update. Discord, in-game chat, Steam all seem to work fine. It's just the Xbox app. Thanks.

Windows 11, Asus ROG B650E-F motherboard, Ryzen 5 7600 cpu, Razor headset.

:)

MarkOfYore, Nov 29, 2023
  2. Roger Reel Win User

This just started happening to me too. The xbox app is awful and has nonstop issues
  3. MarkOfYore Win User

There is a workaround: in Game Bar you can pin the party chat so that it stays active when the Game Bar overlay disappears. Click the pin icon on the party chat widget. Hopefully they fix it properly soon.
  4. Preston Wingo Win User

Party Chat Trouble Exclamation Point Triangle

I found the problem today but not sure of an "actual fix". I have had this issue since the updates as well, what I think is happening is that the xbox app is trying to over ride the game bar. So basically when you minimize game bar, your pc is trying to give the xbox app control but when you

re-open your game bar, your pc thinks you want to operate in side game bar and gives mic access back into there. So it keeps switching mic access back and forth. Its funny i uninstalled the xbox app as well as uninstall xbox app overlay and now my game bar works fine with no gold triangle. When i redownload either of the 2 apps the problem comes back. So the problem is in the apps I think
  5. Preston Wingo Win User

Hey I posted this at the end of this thread but im pasting it to you as well - I found the problem but not sure of an "actual fix". I have had this issue since the updates as well, what I think is happening is that the xbox app is trying to over ride the game bar. So basically when you minimize game bar, your pc is trying to give the xbox app control but when you

re-open your game bar, your pc thinks you want to operate in side game bar and gives mic access back into there. So it keeps switching mic access back and forth. Its funny i uninstalled the xbox app as well as uninstall xbox app overlay and now my game bar works fine with no gold triangle. When i redownload either of the 2 apps the problem comes back. So the problem is in the apps. Can someone provide the fix for that? Let me know - Thanks

Delete those 2 apps and my money is on your game bar will start working again.
  6. Preston Wingo Win User

Hey everyone, I found the problem but not sure of an "actual fix". I have had this issue since the updates as well, what I think is happening is that the xbox app is trying to over ride the game bar. So basically when you minimize game bar, your pc is trying to give the xbox app control but when you

re-open your game bar, your pc thinks you want to operate in side game bar and gives mic access back into there. So it keeps switching mic access back and forth. Its funny i uninstalled the xbox app as well as uninstall xbox app overlay and now my game bar works fine with no gold triangle. When i redownload either of the 2 apps the problem comes back. So the problem is in the apps. Can someone provide the fix for that? Let me know - Thanks
Thema:

1. Mic not working in Xbox app (PC) & stops working when Game Bar overlay is not active - Similar Threads - Mic working app

2. Mic not working with Xbox Party Chat but is working with all other PC apps.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic not working with Xbox Party Chat but is working with all other PC apps.: I've been unable to use Xbox Party Chat on my PC for months now because my voice isn't picked up *specifically* in this application. The audio is present in the device, but it seems the device...
  3. Xbox mic only working for game chat after streaming to PC Xbox app then closing it

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox mic only working for game chat after streaming to PC Xbox app then closing it: I have an interesting problem. I played around with streaming to my pc from my console so I could use a usb mic I already have hooked up to my pc for better voice chat. However, when trying to use...
  4. Mic not working xbox app.

in XBoX on Windows
    Mic not working xbox app.: Mic doesn't work on the Xbox app but audio does. But, mic works on all other apps. Privacy setting already set to "allow". Not sure what to do next? 0cdc3c88-9532-4729-951c-e7963162903b
  5. Friend can’t get mic to work for PC Xbox app.

in XboX Insiders
    Friend can’t get mic to work for PC Xbox app.: My friend has a HyperX Cloud Alpha mic for his gaming PC and he can’t seem to get it to work on the Xbox app for PC. He has attempted to join the party and talk, but we have to use Discord for...
  6. Pc Xbox App Mic Not Working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Pc Xbox App Mic Not Working: I recently got got a Elgato HD60x and after setting that up connecting to my pc and Xbox Series X my microphone won’t work on the pc Xbox app at all and have tried to fix it but nothing is...
  7. Why does my mic work for all other apps but not the Xbox app?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my mic work for all other apps but not the Xbox app?: So, when I make or join a party on the Xbox app on my pc it sounds like a robot and like my voice is in a fan. I've tried every possible solution. I've gotten a new microphone that was a $100 more...
  8. Mic won't work on Xbox but will on app?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic won't work on Xbox but will on app?: So I can hear everyone else but they can't hear me. I've tried different controllers and head phones but still have the same issue. I tried my headset with the xbox app on my phone and created a...
  9. Xbox Companion App. Headset mic don’t work

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Companion App. Headset mic don’t work: I’ve tried to play game such as Fortnite with my friends (they have Nintendo Switch and PC) on my laptop in streming per App Xbox Companion. I play with headset connected to my Xbox Controller...
  10. Mic doesnt work w/ windows 10 app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mic doesnt work w/ windows 10 app: streaming on windows with my mic plugged into my controller and controller plugged into xbox with usb and it wont get picked up on the app when i stream. Incan hear my party on my headset but on...