Mic not working in online games (Xbox Cloud Gaming)

Discus and support Mic not working in online games (Xbox Cloud Gaming) in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; So I've had this issue on both iOS and Windows 10. When creating or joining a party with my friends who are on physical Xboxes, I am able to hear their... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/KendoMastr, Jul 28, 2021.

1. Mic not working in online games (Xbox Cloud Gaming)

So I've had this issue on both iOS and Windows 10. When creating or joining a party with my friends who are on physical Xboxes, I am able to hear their chat through my headphones, but they are not able to hear me at all. My icon shows a headset near my name, but the circle around my gamerpic never highlights as if it is recognizing that the mic is getting input. They see the same thing on their end where they don't see the circle around my gamerpic highlight. I have confirmed my headset works with the device I am using (Windows 10 PC or iPhone 12 Pro Max) and I also confirmed that my browser allows mic access to xbox.com/play.

Here is my setup:

PC

Headset: Playstation Gold Wireless Headset (older blue/black one, used all the time for regular PC games with no issue)

Browser: Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge (tried on both)

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Headset: AirPods Pro

Browser: Safari

Has anyone else had the same issue and/or has anyone found a way to get mic audio to work on Windows or iOS?

I think it would be great if there was a way to test the mic on the home page somewhere before trying to launch the game and finding out it doesn't work.

submitted by /u/KendoMastr
    [link] [comments]

/u/KendoMastr, Jul 28, 2021
  2. E.J Minns Win User

Game chat Xbox cloud gaming

Do we know when mics will work with cloud gaming?
  3. XBF - Hayabusa Win User

Cloud gaming with mic

Hello IlVl420lnB,

Are you using the mobile app to chat in a party with your friends?

Make sure both the input and the output of the chat audio is coming from your headset by connecting your phone to the Bluetooth headset first and then connecting to the party. Does your Bluetooth headset have a mic?

Also, since you are playing on the TV make sure the party audio is not coming through the TV -- that can be another reason for the echo.

If you are using an Xbox controller connected to your phone via Bluetooth and you want to connect a wired headset to the controller, it will not transmit the audio from there.
  4. tohellnbak Win User

Besides Games...What services will you use/ looking forward to

cloud games are still there... those games are meant to be ONLINE.. so you will need to be online for them to work....
  5. AudubonLakeMN Win User

Xbox one mic not working

I have this exact same issue. The mic will work for a while when playing online games then suddenly quits. I have completely shut down the console and start over on the game and then the mic will work again for a while and then quit. Very frustrating.
    I talked others into buying the Xbox One and now they are having the same mic issues so now everyone is hating on the Xbox. This needs some attention on the Microsoft side or they are going to slowly bleed users to other gaming systems.
  6. Manjunath HR Win User

Can I play multiplayer games via Cloud Gaming on the Samsung tv?

Thank you, Ron!

Yes, you can play online multiplayer games, however, local multiplayer is not supported on cloud gaming.

I believe cloud gaming is the list of games that have a 'cloud icon' on the game menu. Is that right? And these games are not supported with local multiplayer.

How can identify online multiplayer games as I do not have a console? Apologies, if the question is inappropriate. Trying to understand how it works.
Thema:

Mic not working in online games (Xbox Cloud Gaming)

1. Mic not working in online games (Xbox Cloud Gaming) - Similar Threads - Mic working online

2. Mic doesn't work in Xbox PC Party Chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic doesn't work in Xbox PC Party Chat: I am using my PC and have been using this xbox widget thing for 2 years now. Once I got my new headset I could be heard perfectly in xbox parties except for an echo and the other party members...
  3. My mic isn't working in party chat

in XboX Insiders
    My mic isn't working in party chat: My mic is unmuted, it says I'm united in the party, and my headset mic is on under audio and music. It's a new headset so it can't be hardware issues. In the party, my profile looks a little...
  4. Why isn't my mic working

in XBoX on Windows
    Why isn't my mic working: Every time I plug in my headset (ozeino) my headset volume lights up but the chat mixer doesn't and the audio goes through the TV. I fight with it every time and after about 2 minutes it finally...
  5. Mic not working with Xbox Party Chat but is working with all other PC apps.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic not working with Xbox Party Chat but is working with all other PC apps.: I've been unable to use Xbox Party Chat on my PC for months now because my voice isn't picked up *specifically* in this application. The audio is present in the device, but it seems the device...
  6. Why is my mic only working on one account?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is my mic only working on one account?: I have my controller, it is signed in to my second account. On my second account, it says I have a mic (in party chat there is no error sign) However, when I talk, nothing happens. If I log in to...
  7. Mic Sometimes works with Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic Sometimes works with Xbox: I am using the Xbox app (On my Laptop), Xbox S, External Mic (USB), and Headset. A friend got this to work, but he is unavailable to help. (I Brought Mic from him he had no issues) I'm having...
  8. Mic isnt working on r6

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic isnt working on r6: Been having a problem with this mic. It is 24000 Hz 1 channels 16 bit. Any fix? e3d5cba3-d54a-44f3-9ae8-3e9e13eb968d
  9. Why don't mics work on xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why don't mics work on xbox: USB Microphones works on PS5 PC And a lot of other systems it's time for xbox to take notes and make it compatible I don't care what anyone says We need this feature If I had a monitor and I could...
  10. Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC: Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC It pairs and the headphones works, but mic does not work, even MS Teams says mic is not working.....