Mic not being picked up with discord server

Discus and support Mic not being picked up with discord server in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I’m trying to troubleshoot an issue with my Xbox. The issue is that when I connect my regular gaming headset to discord the mic stops working and no... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/dreadpirate_samuri, Feb 7, 2024.

1. Mic not being picked up with discord server

I’m trying to troubleshoot an issue with my Xbox. The issue is that when I connect my regular gaming headset to discord the mic stops working and no one can hear me. The headset works if I am in party chat but not discord. I can plug in the headset that came with my Xbox. It works when plugged into my controller but not my regular headset. My regular headset works everywhere else but here. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

submitted by /u/dreadpirate_samuri
    [link] [comments]

/u/dreadpirate_samuri, Feb 7, 2024
  2. Anhur_XB Win User

Partychat variable/adaptable Volume

Discord type controls would be so nice. Not uncommon to have someone way too loud in the party as well as someone way too quiet.

Would also be nice to set my mic sensitivity since my mic will occasionally pick up my AC
  3. Budgie on Steds Win User

Mic not being picked up with stereo adapter

4. DoubleTap68 Win User

I learned something new after chatting online with a knowledgeable support rep at Tritton/Madcatz.

The chat cable which came with my AX720s (that is, the cable that links the inline controller for the headset with the Xbox 360 controller or with the Xbox One headset adapter) has a 3.5mm prong on each end. Each 3.5mm prong had 2 black stripes on it.

Turns out, the cable I NEED has the same 3.5mm prong on each end, but one prong must have 2 stripes, and one must have 3. I'm sure someone who is more of an audiophile than I am can tell me the difference between the 2 stipe prong and the 3 stripe prong.

Not sure if 2 three-stripe prongs will work, but I have gotten chat to work by using two adapters, and going from 2 stripe 3.5mm to 2.5mm and then back to 3.5mm with three stripes.

Sounds convoluted, but at least I can now chat through my Trittons, which I love and are terrific headsets.
  5. Skitals Win User

Correction to my last: per Xbox.com: "Any 3.5mm stereo headset (that uses the CTIA plug standard) can get stereo game audio by plugging into the adapter"

Emphasis on CTIA plug standard.
  6. Skitals Win User

There are two different 3.5mm TRRS standards: OMTP and CTIA. They are identical, except ground and mic pins are switched. I BELIEVE the Xbox One adapter uses the OMTP standard, so headsets designed to the CTIA standard (Apple products of note) wont work.
    You can get an in-line adapter to switch these pins to make one compatible with the other. Google "omtp to ctia adapter"
Thema:

Mic not being picked up with discord server

1. Mic not being picked up with discord server - Similar Threads - Mic being picked

2. my mic is only being picked up by xbox game bar when the game bar menu is open

in XBoX Accessibility
    my mic is only being picked up by xbox game bar when the game bar menu is open: My microphone is only being heard and picked up when i have the game bar menu open and immediately stops working once i close leave the menu for it. does anyone know how i can fix this?...
  3. Mic Monitoring can't be disabled on Xbox Series X with Turtle Beach Recon 500 wired Headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic Monitoring can't be disabled on Xbox Series X with Turtle Beach Recon 500 wired Headset: Hello there, i got the Xbox Series X and the official Xbox Controller shipped within the console. My problem is, that i can hear myself when talking to a friend over xbox live (gold). I don't...
  4. My mic might be bugged

in XBoX on Consoles
    My mic might be bugged: Somehow, someone joined my xbox party and either bugged the xbox party or my headset or my xbox. Possibly even my cell phone, and so I know this because someone who didn’t even join the party...
  5. Xbox one mic permanently on mute - this seems to be a known issue any fix yet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one mic permanently on mute - this seems to be a known issue any fix yet?: Tried all the settings stuff - xbox one s with new controller and headphones jack. Any fix for this it seems to be a known issue? 66181b82-4d2a-4270-a255-15bd1965b51f
  6. Xbox app does not allow headset mic to be used in communication

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app does not allow headset mic to be used in communication: The xbox app only connects to my headset mic about 5% of the time. It will allow me to connect to parties, but It does not use the headset bluetooth to communicate. Only the phone mic. This causes...
  7. Minecraft Xbox One looking for play that to play minecraft must be at least 18 with a mic.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Xbox One looking for play that to play minecraft must be at least 18 with a mic.: hey im looking for ppl that enjoy playing minecraft If you wanna play sometunsometime hit me up Must be 18+ Must have a mic My gamertag is add me. eea89d63-ddb6-4eb7-99ad-d08b124a4271
  8. Headset mic doesn't seem to be working correctly.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset mic doesn't seem to be working correctly.: Headset mic cannot transmit my voice but I can hear others. Have tried trouble shooting to no avail. What to try next? 0ae50730-42a2-46dd-bab0-3f90318dd5b1
  9. Can the xbox one kinect be used as a mic on Xbox 360 games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can the xbox one kinect be used as a mic on Xbox 360 games?: In reference to backwards compatible titles on the xbox one like Halo Reach. 07fbcb7a-c01c-4b54-96ad-91269fddf651
  10. WHEN IS THE MIC ISSUE GOING TO BE FIXED?

in XBoX on Consoles
    WHEN IS THE MIC ISSUE GOING TO BE FIXED?: This issue has been going on since approximately November/December yet there is still no admission from Microsoft that this is their issue or confirmation that a fix is on the way. This issue is...