Mic doesn't work in Xbox PC Party Chat

Discus and support Mic doesn't work in Xbox PC Party Chat in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am using my PC and have been using this xbox widget thing for 2 years now. Once I got my new headset I could be heard perfectly in xbox parties... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Danai Preciado, Jun 24, 2024.

1. Mic doesn't work in Xbox PC Party Chat

I am using my PC and have been using this xbox widget thing for 2 years now. Once I got my new headset I could be heard perfectly in xbox parties except for an echo and the other party members being able to here sound from my headset. But up until recently my mic hasn't been working. I can hear people in the party but they can't hear me. My mic works on everything else and the audio widget for xbox even detects sound so I thought it was just a problem with xbox and thought it would be fixed soon. It's been 2 weeks since and I still have the same problem. My mic did work for one day but went back to how it was the next day. I've restarted my PC several times even reinstalling the xbox app but still nothing works.

I wish I could upload screenshots but it says "failed"

I saw your response to someone who had a similar problem and you gave a list of steps to do. I followed all of them and none of them worked.

These were the steps provided \/

Before we proceed, I may be needing to ask few questions to help us understand this concern further:

1. Is this the first time you set up this on your Windows PC?
    2. Does this work before?

In the meantime, let's make sure that your mic is set as the default recording device in Windows. Here's how:

• Right-click on the speaker icon in the taskbar and select "Sounds".
    • Click on the "Recording" tab.
    • Right-click on your mic and select "Set as Default Device".
    • Right-click on your mic again and select "Properties".
    • Click on the "Advanced" tab.
    • Make sure that "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" is checked.
    • Click "OK" to save the changes.
    Next, let's make sure that your mic is set as the default communication device in Windows. Here's how:

• Right-click on the speaker icon in the taskbar and select "Sounds".
    • Click on the "Recording" tab.
    • Right-click on your mic and select "Set as Default Communication Device".
    • Click "OK" to save the changes.

Now, let's check the Xbox app settings to make sure that your mic is selected as the input device. Here's how:

• Open the Xbox app and click on the gear icon in the bottom left corner.
    • Click on "Settings".
    • Click on "Devices & streaming".
    • Under "Audio", make sure that your mic is selected as the input device.
    • Make sure that "Headset mic" is selected as the output device.
    • Click "Save" to save the changes.

If your mic still isn't working in Xbox PC Party Chat, try resetting the Xbox app. Here's how:

• Open the Xbox app and click on the gear icon in the bottom left corner.
    • Click on "Apps".
    • Scroll down to the Xbox app and click on it.
    • Click on "Advanced options".
    • Click on "Reset".
    • Click "Reset" again to confirm.

*** Moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Settings ***

:)

Danai Preciado, Jun 24, 2024
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Mic doesn't work in Xbox PC Party Chat