Mic doesn't work if not in game bar

Discus and support Mic doesn't work if not in game bar in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; For whatever reason after the latest update, my mic does not work while in an xbox party while I'm on pc unless the game bar is actively open. As soon... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Xanthorr472, Nov 30, 2023.

1. Mic doesn't work if not in game bar

For whatever reason after the latest update, my mic does not work while in an xbox party while I'm on pc unless the game bar is actively open. As soon as I go into a game/other tab, I can still hear everyone, but no one can hear me. Any ideas? I've already made sure my audio input/outputs are set to my headset

submitted by /u/Xanthorr472
    [link] [comments]

/u/Xanthorr472, Nov 30, 2023
  2. Grubbee Win User

Mic does not work in party while using a controller on pc

Thats what I'm doing.. the only thing I am doing different from playing keyboard/mouse is the controller itself. but when i plug it in every setting on the pc changes to controller mic. Even though the controller has no mic. So I go back through all the
    pc settings and xbox companion settings and change it back but the xbox game bar will not let me use the usb mic anymore. I have to unplug the controller and reset the pc to be able to use my mic again. when I start a party in the companion app it says my
    mic is working , but if i am in a party on that app for some reason I'm not in a party on the game bar... so if i start a party on the game bar the mic still doesn't work..
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Game bar bug: Hotkey for muting mic doesn't work

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Nobelnaga

May I know if you're able to change the shortcut for a different one?

If you're not able to do it, please try this:

Delete the registry keys associated with the game bar :

Press Windows key+R then type regedit and press Enter.

Go to this path (expand the folders using the little ">")

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\GameDVR

Once there delete all the keys except (Default), restart your PC and try again
  4. Mister Quasar Win User

Game Bar doesn't work

Thanks for letting us know, Bussy Bolice!

We have a guide that can help you
    troubleshoot Game DVT on Windows 10
    - the steps on that page can help you troubleshoot further.

If you're still seeing any issue after trying the steps there, you'll want to reach our
    Chat or Phone support teams for further direct assistance.
  5. leonharlick Win User

Xbox Game Bar

hello,

ms-settings:appsfeatures doesnt bring up any options to reset game bar.

the mic works fine when game bar isnt in background.

game bar isnt listed in apps and yet searching in store shows game bar as installed.
  6. SoRoSparrow Win User

Onikuma Gaming Headset Microphone Not Working With Xbox One Or PC

Hey there,

Hope you're enjoying your day today, and welcome to the community!

With the pc, the headset working and the mic doesn't, perhaps try the following:
    Right click on speaker on the task bar > Open Sound Settings > Input there's a drop down menu, select your headset.

With the Xbox,
    Is there a controller update perhaps, If not, maybe check your settings:
    Big Xbox button > Bottom right there's an audio, check to see if the bar is working and mic is on.

Let me know if that works for you.

Take care!

Sparrow
Thema:

Mic doesn't work if not in game bar

1. Mic doesn't work if not in game bar - Similar Threads - Mic doesn't game

2. Xbox game bar doesn't pickup blue yeti mic in party chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox game bar doesn't pickup blue yeti mic in party chat?: When I join xbox app parties my microphone doesn't work - it's set as my input device for xbox app, computer, etc... - It works in game chat and on discord - I have allowed it in privacy...
  3. Xbox game bar doesn't pickup blue yeti mic in party chat?

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game bar doesn't pickup blue yeti mic in party chat?: When I join xbox app parties my microphone doesn't work - it's set as my input device for xbox app, computer, etc... - It works in game chat and on discord - I have allowed it in privacy...
  4. Game Bar "record last minute" doesn't record mic but manually recording does but it records...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Bar "record last minute" doesn't record mic but manually recording does but it records...: recording the last minute gets everything but my mic and if i manually record it gets my mic but it gets my internal instead of my external Quadcast S microphone im on windows 11 my default mic...
  5. Xbox Game Bar mic DOESN'T WORK in Party Chat

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Game Bar mic DOESN'T WORK in Party Chat: This seems like a new bug in Windows 11. When I look at Xbox Game Bar audio settings, the correct input is selected. When I test the mic, the audio settings displays feedback that it's picking up...
  6. Mic software doesn't work with game bar?

in XboX Insiders
    Mic software doesn't work with game bar?: I use Microphone software to get a better sound out of my microphone but when I use game bar (and I've only had this problem with game bar) it acts as if the microphone doesn't even exist. I use...
  7. Xbox Game Bar detects my mic but my mic doesn't work in Party Chat

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Game Bar detects my mic but my mic doesn't work in Party Chat: I can't get my microphone to work in party chat on the Xbox Game Bar. The Xbox Game Bar can detect my microphone just fine, but my microphone simply will not work in Party Chat as you can see...
  8. Game bar bug: Hotkey for muting mic doesn't work

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game bar bug: Hotkey for muting mic doesn't work: Like the title says, I'm unable to use the hotkey command to toggle mute my microphone. I've started several things from reinstalling game bar to running scripts. Nothing I do seems to work, I can...
  9. Game Bar "record last 30 seconds" doesn't record mic unless I manually toggle it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Bar "record last 30 seconds" doesn't record mic unless I manually toggle it: Hello, I like to use the "record last 30 second" feature of the xbox gamebar. However, if I'm playing a game and hit win+alt+G my mic will not be recorded. All the other audio is fine and is...
  10. Game Bar "record last 30 seconds" doesn't record mic unless I manually toggle it

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Bar "record last 30 seconds" doesn't record mic unless I manually toggle it: Hello, I like to use the "record last 30 second" feature of the xbox gamebar. However, if I'm playing a game and hit win+alt+G my mic will not be recorded. All the other audio is fine and is...