Metro 2033 crashes immediately

Discus and support Metro 2033 crashes immediately in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; i recently downloaded metro 2033 redux one PC and tried to play it today and as soon as it starts launching it crashes out. anyone else have this... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Cookey Munster, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Metro 2033 crashes immediately

i recently downloaded metro 2033 redux one PC and tried to play it today and as soon as it starts launching it crashes out. anyone else have this issue? maybe it just bad timing with all the issues with MCC? tried updating reinstalling game reinstalling
    xbox beta checked for system updates but no luck. im out of ideas

:)

Cookey Munster, Dec 6, 2019
  2. Cookey Munster Win User

holy crap i finally figured it out. after going and buying the redux pack from steam i found i was still having the same issues. now that my own money was on the line i started doing some hard digging. going back to articles from steam and deep silver
    from 2015, i found a common issue that some USB audio drivers would cause this behavior. no way i thought, that 4 years and 3 games later this is still an issue. but i was out of options after hours of troubleshooting. i finally got metro last light to launch
    but with that screeching audio like i did with 2033. so i routed audio out through a 3.5mm jack on my mobo to an external speaker and disabled the usb headset and bam. worked. between the first run through exodus and now realtek audio installed itself with
    an asus update for my maximus hero mobo (found this in the last updated info in documents) this was not installed on my pc when built in july. uninstalled realtek and everything is fine again. im so confused why this is still and issue for deep silver but
    hey, at least it worked.
  3. AngelObullets Win User

Hi there Cookey Munster

Is there any errors appearing or is just freezing on boot up forcing a restart of the pc?. Need a bit more info to help you, Also try using the standard app instead of the beta incase of errors.
  4. Cookey Munster Win User

it just launches opens a black window for the game sometimes black screens the monitor like its trying to launch then it just closes out with no error messages or anything. then when you try to launch it again it says previous launch was unsuccessful would
    you like to start in safe mode and it doesn't matter what option i click it does the same thing every time. it doesn't cause my pc to restart or cause any issues to my system it just wont let the game launch.
  5. Cookey Munster Win User

thanks for the reply, but i have tried all these solutions with no success. i have tried downloading metro exodus which i have downloaded and played already earlier this year and it will not launch either. i just finished playing the outer worlds also
    and that ran fine then i deleted some old games from my library to make room for new ones and now it seems i cant launch any games from the xbox app. steam epic blizzard ea all the other launchers i have are working fine but it seems i cant launch any games
    from the xbox app. i will try downloading another game or two to see if this is the case. i checked all my subscriptions theyre all current. im very confused why i cant launch games out the xbox app all of sudden.
  6. XBF Steven R Win User

Hey there Cookey Munster,

Thanks for reaching out to the Forums for advice on how to hopefully get your game to install as it should. I can totally understand how this could be perplexing. I suggest trying the steps outlined in our support page entitled

Game freezes or stops responding on a Windows 10 device
    when you get the chance.

When you do, let us know if that positively affected the situation.

Much thanks for reading!
Thema:

1. Metro 2033 crashes immediately - Similar Threads - Metro 2033 crashes

2. Wheeler Dealer (Metro 2033 redux) achievement not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wheeler Dealer (Metro 2033 redux) achievement not working: I've completed the requirement to get this achievement multiple times, this last time I even recorded everything to prove I've met the requirements and nothing has happened. It's the last...
  3. Metro 2033 Redux Download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Metro 2033 Redux Download: My digital download for metro 2033 gets to 8.5 percent and won't go any further, I've tried everything they have told me in the help section and my internet is totally fine as i have just...
  4. Cannot download Metro Redux 2033 digital copy (stop at 683MB)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot download Metro Redux 2033 digital copy (stop at 683MB): Hi, I bought a physical copy of Metro Exodus on Xbox One that came with Metro Redux 2033 digital copy (in Australia). I redeemed the digital copy of Metro Redux 2033 using code without any...
  5. FPS Drop on Metro 2033 Game Pass PC Version

in XBoX on Windows
    FPS Drop on Metro 2033 Game Pass PC Version: Hi there, I have a big issues with Metro 2033 Redux. If I play it via Epic I have 144fps in game. If I play it with Xbox Game Pass Beta APP it will run with 11 fps, not more. How can I solve that...
  6. Fullscreen issue on Metro 2033 Redux (via Game pass on PC)

in XBoX on Windows
    Fullscreen issue on Metro 2033 Redux (via Game pass on PC): So I'm attempting to run Metro 2033 redux on my dell gtx 1050ti laptop (native 4k screen) after installing it via game pass (windows store) and when I run it at 1920x1080, it remains in windowed...
  7. Metro 2033 redux

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Metro 2033 redux: I just purchased Metro 2033 and on chapter 2 the game's character is not moving so I cannot move forward. I bought it as a download and Microsoft support is basically nonexistent. Please help!...
  8. Metro Exodus Pre Oder Bonus: Free Metro 2033 code?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Metro Exodus Pre Oder Bonus: Free Metro 2033 code?: I pre ordered Metro Exodus, but as of now I have not received the code for Metro 2033 that was included in the pre order. When should I get that? fe816e20-49fe-4559-8f2e-3a3f4248d3c5
  9. My xbox game (Metro 2033 Redux) will always resume installing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox game (Metro 2033 Redux) will always resume installing: As i am a Member of Xbox Game Pass i installed the game when it said ''Ready to Start'' trying to launch it, will always crash in the loading screen (right after you start it) uninstalled it it it...
  10. Problemas com o Metro 2033 Redux no Capitulo 6 D6

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problemas com o Metro 2033 Redux no Capitulo 6 D6: estou com problema no metro 2033 redux ele trava o jogo toda vez que ele vai carregar o capitulo 6 D6 ele trava fica fazendo um barulho e fecha o jogo sozinho eu abro o jogo e acontece a mesma...