Merged accounts while logging into Minecraft

Discus and support Merged accounts while logging into Minecraft in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi! So I wanted to play Minecraft after a long time. While logging into my Microsoft account in the MC Launcher (with the e-mail address I thought at... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by sunceko, Oct 15, 2023.

1. sunceko
    sunceko Guest

Hi!

So I wanted to play Minecraft after a long time. While logging into my Microsoft account in the MC Launcher (with the e-mail address I thought at the time was the right one) to play I somehow created a new account (without ever clicking on create a new account). The two accounts (old and new one) have now merged. Both are now sharing the same e-mail address (the address of my old account). I reentered the right e-mail address the second time around while trying to log in and it leads to the new account. So when I try to log in in with the right/old and "wrong"/new e-mail address they both link to the same Microsoft and Minecraft account. On the old account I have Minecraft, on the new one I don't. How is it possible that they got merged and how can it be undone?

Btw. on the Microsoft page, the e-mail that it shows me as the one being used is the "old" one.

Update: I think the new account has completely overwritten my old one.

Thank you for your help!

:)

sunceko, Oct 15, 2023
  2. sunceko Win User

Thank you for the replay!

I never actually had a Mojang account, only a Microsoft one which I used to log into Minecraft.

So this seems to not be a problem here, as I never had to "migrate".

I also should have clarified, a "long time" for me was about a year or so, sorry if it was confusing :)
  3. CarTzy Win User

4. CarTzy Win User

Hello sunceko,

I apologize for the confusion, I should have verified first. The best thing that we can do is to contact our live support team for them to check on what is going on with your account. They have the necessary tool to further diagnose the issue.

I also suggest that you prepare any proof of game ownership.

You can check your order history by following this guide here: Check your Xbox purchase history | Xbox Support
  5. sunceko Win User

Thank you for the reply!

I checked my order history but since the accounts have merged or better the old one was overwritten, it says there were no purchases made at all, ever.

I only have my bank statement about the purchase.

BTW. How can I contact them?
  6. SoRoSparrow Win User

Minecraft Java Edition

Bonjour and Hello!

I hope it's okay if I reply this in English, you can maybe use a translator.

Did you try the Merge feature on MineCraft?
    It's best to read further information about it: Merging Minecraft Accounts.

Also, by reading further:
    What will happen to my Mojang account after I migrate to a Microsoft account?

You won't need it anymore! After migrating you'll use your Microsoft account to log in to the Minecraft Launcher to play the game and log in to minecraft.net to manage your settings.

So perhaps try the Microsoft account.

Hope this works!
    Sparrow
Thema:

1. Merged accounts while logging into Minecraft - Similar Threads - Merged accounts while

2. I had merged my majong account from minecraft to a microsoft account but i dont know what...

in XBoX on Windows
    I had merged my majong account from minecraft to a microsoft account but i dont know what...: I had merged my majong account from minecraft to a microsoft account but i dont know what microsoft account it was. how can i find out and start playing minecraft agn?...
  3. How do I merge my old Java account with my new Microsoft account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I merge my old Java account with my new Microsoft account?: I have an old Java edition Minecraft account, and I missed the migration window so I bought Minecraft again. I can tell Microsoft still has access to the data in my old account though because it...
  4. Two Merged Minecraft Accounts???

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Two Merged Minecraft Accounts???: I bought Minecraft Java edition under my dad’s Microsoft account a little over a year ago which was also being sold with Bedrock as a package. I also have a Microsoft account which only has...
  5. Multiple microsoft account to merge

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Multiple microsoft account to merge: Hi, I've got Minecraft few years ago with one of my E-mail account (french mail 'wanadoo'). This E-mail is now unactive and I would like to switch my minecraft account to an other e-mail...
  6. Want to merge my two Xbox accounts on one phone number want to get rid of Skype so I can be...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Want to merge my two Xbox accounts on one phone number want to get rid of Skype so I can be...: I have two Xbox accounts and want to merge both of them to one number to authenticate I don't use Skype is it possible to remove it in use a single number for two accounts so I can authenticate...
  7. Is it possible to merge 2 xbox accounts into 1?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is it possible to merge 2 xbox accounts into 1?: I have 2 xbox accounts and I was wondering if I can merge my old Xbox account to my new Xbox account? 02520931-a78a-4f48-bd5c-17ddcbd872a0
  8. Microsoft split my accounts - how can I merge them again?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft split my accounts - how can I merge them again?: Hi, I had two emails associated with my Microsoft account, a Gmail one and a Hotmail one. However, these have now been split into two accounts. I need to merge these accounts again because my...
  9. Microsoft account/ xbox profile merge

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft account/ xbox profile merge: My son currently uses my Microsoft account for his xbox profile, ive now created him his own email address/ child account, is there a way I can transfer his xbox profile under my Microsoft account...
  10. merging minecraft accounts!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    merging minecraft accounts!: hello!! is it possible to merge two microsoft accounts when it comes to minecraft? i have one account that i play bedrock with (both mobile and windows edition) and i have another account that i...