Merge two accounts?

Discus and support Merge two accounts? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello, My problem is an old one. I have 2 Microsoft accounts, both made when @Hotmail existed, before Outlook's acquisition of the domain. I have my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Luca93ITA, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Luca93ITA
    Luca93ITA Guest

Merge two accounts?

Hello,

My problem is an old one.

I have 2 Microsoft accounts, both made when @Hotmail existed, before Outlook's acquisition of the domain.

I have my Xbox Live account linked to the one i'm using for this post, the oldest.

But growing older i made another account as my main microsoft account (mainly because i can't send to employers etc. an e-mail called "morecallofduty@...").

I'd like to move the XBL to the new account, removing the "fake" existing one i was forced to create back then, so i can close the oldest one.

Because if i don't, i have issues with the PlayAnywhere feature (i can't log in easily to XBL main account from a different Microsoft Account)

summing up, i have:

Old MS account/e-mail ----> Xbox main account: [Mod Removed - Personal Information]

New MS account/e-mail----> Unused Xbox account: [Mod Removed - Personal Information] or smth like that.

I'd like to have:

New MS account/e-mail-----> Xbox main account:
    [Mod Removed - Personal Information] (and remove the other 2.)

Is it possible?

Thank you in advance,

Luca

:)

Luca93ITA, Oct 1, 2018
  2. Fyer
    Fyer Guest
    Offline And Online Account Merging

It is not possible to merge two accounts.

Fyer, Oct 1, 2018
  3. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    multiple account merging...

Sorry but it's not possible to merge two accounts.

Daft Badger, Oct 1, 2018
  4. WPAK
    WPAK Guest

Merge two accounts?

Hi there,

you can't merge accounts itself or fully move the Xbox Live Account to a different Microsoft Account, but something that could work for you is changing the primary email address for the Microsoft Account.

My assumption what steps might be required are:

- Change the primary email on the New Unused Xbox Account account to something else (you might need a new MS account/email for that) so that the Wanted email address is no longer attached to a Microsoft Account.

- Change the primary email on the Old Xbox account to the new wanted email address, so that that Wanted email address can be used to sign in to the Xbox main account.

See this link for the full information on how to change the primary email address on a Microsoft Account

How to Change Microsoft Account Email Address

Let us know the results

WPAK, Oct 1, 2018
  5. Luca93ITA
    Luca93ITA Guest
    Hi,

thank you for the quick response.

I have a problem with the second step:

{Mod Removed - Personal information}

The line in red says: "This e-mail is part of a reserved domain, submit a different one."

I can't insert it in the first space because it's not an outlook domain, though.

Luca93ITA, Oct 1, 2018
  6. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    Sorry to hear it. If the email is not accepted by the system then you would need to use a different one. Try creating a hotmail.com account for your gamertag.

onyxishere, Oct 1, 2018
  7. Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out! In reference to your issue, unfortunately you cannot add an alias that is already associated with another Microsoft account. Aliases cannot be used to share information between two Microsoft accounts—the ability to link Microsoft
    accounts was discontinued in 2013. Existing @hotmail.com, @live.com, @outlook.com, and @msn.com addresses can't be added as aliases.

For more detailed information about how to add an alias, including why and how to set your primary alias, see theManage
    aliases on your Microsoft account
    article.

Hope this helps.

XBF Crystal P, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Merge two accounts?