Merge an existing XBOX live account with an offline user

Discus and support Merge an existing XBOX live account with an offline user in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am not sure what to do. My daughter received an xbox360 for her birthday, and at the time never needed to be online for her games and my wife (who... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RumplySquire47, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Merge an existing XBOX live account with an offline user

I am not sure what to do. My daughter received an xbox360 for her birthday, and at the time never needed to be online for her games and my wife (who never plays) has an existing XBOX LIve account. I would like to merge the two into a single account, using
    my wife's email address so she can be in the loop of what comes from Microsoft and what might be sent to my daughter (the gamer). Are there options to convert or merge these two so my daughters game progress is retained?

:)

RumplySquire47, Sep 10, 2014
  2. WPAK
    WPAK Guest
    join existing local profile to existing live account?

Hi there,

-

No, you can't merge a local profile with an already existing Xbox Live account, it is only possible to 'upgrade' that local profile to a new Xbox Live account. If you want to do that see the steps on this link:

support.xbox.com/.../offline-profile-to-gamertag

3. how do i delete my free xbox live account?

So far I've read you can't merge an offline account with an xbox live account. I already delegated my live profile on the xbox but my account is still active on the website. I just want to delete it and join xbox live with my offline account. I heard that's
    the only easy way to merge the two/connect my offline account to xbox live.

RebelRogue127, Sep 10, 2014
  4. Merge an existing XBOX live account with an offline user

Andrew Rickert, Sep 10, 2014
  5. Andrew Rickert Win User

6. Mad Cow Dizease Win User

Is It Possible?

Unfortunately, two Live accounts cannot be merged (same deal with an existing Live account and an offline account) nor can one profile's content be transferred to another.

Wish I could be of more help.
  7. WPAK Win User

join existing local profile to existing live account?

Hi there,

-

No, you can't merge a local profile with an already existing Xbox Live account, it is only possible to 'upgrade' that local profile to a new Xbox Live account. If you want to do that see the steps on this link:

support.xbox.com/.../offline-profile-to-gamertag
  8. ChiefJoboo Win User

join profiles

9. ngocphi Win User

Mix a local account and an Xbox Live account

You can you gotta click join xbox live on the local profile and sign up this means the currently existing online profile cannot be merged with the offline profile
Thema:

1. Merge an existing XBOX live account with an offline user - Similar Threads - Merge existing live

2. I had merged my majong account from minecraft to a microsoft account but i dont know what...

in XBoX on Windows
    I had merged my majong account from minecraft to a microsoft account but i dont know what...: I had merged my majong account from minecraft to a microsoft account but i dont know what microsoft account it was. how can i find out and start playing minecraft agn?...
  3. How do I merge my old Java account with my new Microsoft account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I merge my old Java account with my new Microsoft account?: I have an old Java edition Minecraft account, and I missed the migration window so I bought Minecraft again. I can tell Microsoft still has access to the data in my old account though because it...
  4. Two Merged Minecraft Accounts???

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Two Merged Minecraft Accounts???: I bought Minecraft Java edition under my dad’s Microsoft account a little over a year ago which was also being sold with Bedrock as a package. I also have a Microsoft account which only has...
  5. Multiple microsoft account to merge

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Multiple microsoft account to merge: Hi, I've got Minecraft few years ago with one of my E-mail account (french mail 'wanadoo'). This E-mail is now unactive and I would like to switch my minecraft account to an other e-mail...
  6. How to open up Minecraft after Merging

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to open up Minecraft after Merging: Hello! I'm having some issues with my copy of Minecraft. I purchased the game back on 9/11/20 and merged my single account once on 1/28/22 for Java, and another time on 3/13/22 on my Android...
  7. Minecraft Micrsoft Merging

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Micrsoft Merging: I have a Minecraft account under a sbcglobal.net email, however, this email was deleted a long time ago. I would like to get my free Minecraft Java and Bedrock edition since I was not able to...
  8. Fiance and I's friends list merged together

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Fiance and I's friends list merged together: So me and my Fiance use the same Xbox Series X and whenever he is logged in he gets my friends on his friends list. I'm fully logged out of the Xbox but they're still appearing on his friends...
  9. Want to merge my two Xbox accounts on one phone number want to get rid of Skype so I can be...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Want to merge my two Xbox accounts on one phone number want to get rid of Skype so I can be...: I have two Xbox accounts and want to merge both of them to one number to authenticate I don't use Skype is it possible to remove it in use a single number for two accounts so I can authenticate...
  10. Is it possible to merge 2 xbox accounts into 1?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is it possible to merge 2 xbox accounts into 1?: I have 2 xbox accounts and I was wondering if I can merge my old Xbox account to my new Xbox account? 02520931-a78a-4f48-bd5c-17ddcbd872a0