Mediaplayer and VLC Video playback issues

Discus and support Mediaplayer and VLC Video playback issues in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So, I'm wondering why this is going on or if there's some sort of fix. Sometimes when I try to play a video from my External 5 TB drive I get an error... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by RandomZero420, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Mediaplayer and VLC Video playback issues

So, I'm wondering why this is going on or if there's some sort of fix.

Sometimes when I try to play a video from my External 5 TB drive I get an error saying that the video couldn't be played, but if I put that same video onto a USB Flashdrive it will play fine.

I try in both the media player app and VLC app and get the same result. It's pretty annoying and there is clearly nothing wrong with the video. Meanwhile other videos play just fine from the External drive.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

:)

RandomZero420, Mar 5, 2019
  2. Ackis Win User

I'm currently using a 5TB for game storage without issues - could be something directly related to media playback then?
  3. RandomZero420 Win User

Hey Felix, I tried what you suggested and it didn't help.

I have done some digging around on the forums and evidently I'm not the only person with this issue.

It appears as though, despite Microsoft saying that Xbox One supports external hard drives, when it comes to media the support is pretty lacking.

Everything I've read regarding this type of problem with error code : 0xc00d11cd involves the drive having media totaling over 2 TB and anything added over the 2 TB mark yields this error and is unplayable.

Is there a way to make this work without having to reformat and partition my drive?

Because if not that's BS.
  4. XBF Felixx P Win User

Hello
    RandomZero420

Thanks for reaching out to Xbox forums support.

I understand that you sometimes have issues playing videos from you External 5TB drive.

That definitely sounds frustrating. Are you receiving the same error message every time?

I would first suggest
    uninstalling / reinstalling your media player app / VLC app

After they've both been reinstalled, try it again.

Let us know how it works after performing that action.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Happy gaming!

Felix

Xbox forums support.
  5. ITILIANM0NST0R Win User

Mybe because the external hard drives are not formatted for video?
  6. XBF Steven R Win User

Hey there Random!

Sorry to hear that you're dealing with this issue trying to get your console to playback your media the way it's supposed to run. In my opinion the best way to make sure this thing is coming from a problem with your console, that I would say the best thing
    for you try would be a soft reset of the console.

It's a reset of your console back to factory settings but one that does not uninstall any of your games or apps and is a really good troubleshooting step for most issues.

Just make sure that before you go ahead with it, that you do know all of the sign-in information for any/all of your accounts(asthey
    will be removed) and have easy access to your internet network.

Also make sure that you select the option denoted
    reset and keep my games
    &
    apps.

Follow the steps here on How
    to reset your console to factory defaults on Xbox One
    and let us know how that helps with the issue

Thanks!
Thema:

1. Mediaplayer and VLC Video playback issues - Similar Threads - Mediaplayer VLC Video

2. The youtube app on my xbox series s keep taking me out the app every time i play a video

in XBoX on Windows
    The youtube app on my xbox series s keep taking me out the app every time i play a video: Every time i open the YouTube app on my xbox series s it keeps crashing every time i try to play a video f8ad5e5e-cd5e-49ab-94d6-0aaa2dd1ee8b
  3. Vlc media issue help help help help help

in XboX Insiders
    Vlc media issue help help help help help: I have no idea where there located on internal drive but they are there, not a single thread on any browser pertaining to this issue. I want to free up 10gbs of videos off my xbox. I never wanted...
  4. Issue with VLC player on Series X, stopped playing HDR files for some reason?

in XboX Insiders
    Issue with VLC player on Series X, stopped playing HDR files for some reason?: I used to play HDR files on VLC player in my xbox series X, but now I can't either play HDR nor 4K files. Does anyone know how to fix this, or if there is another player that plays HDR 4K files?...
  5. Is VLC working for anyone on latest Alpha xbox update

in XboX Insiders
    Is VLC working for anyone on latest Alpha xbox update: It just makes a beep bop noise then dashboard appears again submitted by /u/dontasciime [link] [comments]
  6. VLC sur xbox one S[VLC sur xbox one S]

in XBoX on Consoles
    VLC sur xbox one S[VLC sur xbox one S]: Bonjour, j'ai un souci avec VLC sur ma xbox one S. Un récent problème est apparu hier, lorsque j'ai voulu lire plusieurs vidéo provenant de mon disc dur, un message d'erreur apparait : "vlc is...
  7. Xbox One - Background Audio (Media Player,VLC,Groove Music)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One - Background Audio (Media Player,VLC,Groove Music): Hey, i'm pretty sure that you know what i (well i guess a lot of player) want. Is there any chance that you let VLC or other great apps play audio files such as songs in the background? Xbox's...
  8. VLC CAUSES HARD CONSOLE CRASH

in XBoX Games and Apps
    VLC CAUSES HARD CONSOLE CRASH: VLC crashes Console (XB1s), its a hard crash meaning console turns off completely, turning the console back on shows the whole green xbox splash screen. File is ANY 4k video file i have, tested...
  9. VLC App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    VLC App: Hi. VLC worked perfectly to play video from an external HDD right before I started to use the MS remote control just bought. FYI, I used the same HDD same setting everything same, VLC just fail to...
  10. How could i create Playlists in Mediaplayer or VLC Player for Music played on xbox from NAS ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How could i create Playlists in Mediaplayer or VLC Player for Music played on xbox from NAS ...: Hello @ ALL Following Situation: XboxOne with Medialplayer and new VLC Player Music stored on a Network Attached Storage (NAS) I want to create playlists for my music which i have on my NAS...