Media Remote unable to change channels - Xfinity (XG1v4A) cable box, Xbox One X

Discus and support Media Remote unable to change channels - Xfinity (XG1v4A) cable box, Xbox One X in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The main problem I am having is that my Media Remote is unable to change channels. If I use the channel up/down button, nothing happens. If I type in a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LuvJones, Apr 8, 2020.

1. LuvJones
    LuvJones Guest

The main problem I am having is that my Media Remote is unable to change channels. If I use the channel up/down button, nothing happens. If I type in a channel #, nothing happens. If I scroll thru the TV guide menu and select a channel, nothing happens.

I have narrowed it down to 1 possible origin of the issue. When I try to set up "device control" for the cable box, 1st I enter "Comcast" or "xfinity" as the cable box brand.

Next I click on "guide me" to set up and find the cable box model #. the next step is the XBOX tries to send a "CHANNEL UP" signal but it can never find the signal. I try over and over gain and it never works.

I manually type in the model number: XG1v4A

It seems to sync properly. it saves the cable box info. but the xbox media remote never works properly. I am still unable to controlling all of the live tv/cable box features: mainly changing channels which is probably the #1 feature of the remote that I
    need.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

:)

LuvJones, Apr 8, 2020
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: