Media Player Surround Sound Reproduction doesn't work.

Discus and support Media Player Surround Sound Reproduction doesn't work. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am having an issue with the new media player while streaming videos from my Synology NAS via my Xbox One, videos play fine however the sound which I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JeepFlyer, Oct 19, 2014.

1. JeepFlyer
    JeepFlyer Guest

I am having an issue with the new media player while streaming videos from my Synology NAS via my Xbox One, videos play fine however the sound which I feed from the Xbox One into my NAD T758 surround sound receiver is only being output in stereo. The video
    format is MP4 and the same video when streamed via my Xbox 360 and fed into the same NAD T758 works fine. This,I believe rules out any issue with the file format and my surround sound system and points at an issue with the Media Player, does the Media Player
    support 5.1 or is there a setting that I am missing. All other forms of media on my Xbox One correctly reproduce surround sound , for example TV, games, Netflix and Blu-Rays, the only issue is with the media player.

:)

JeepFlyer, Oct 19, 2014
  2. MiAFlash3o5
    MiAFlash3o5 Guest
    Surround Sound Issue with NVIDIA Shield Tv

Hello,

I recently got a NVIDIA Shield TV Pro to use as my primary viewing device. I have a 5.1 surround sound setup that I am hooked up into with my A/V receiver. I have my Xbox One hooked up into the receiver and my Nvidia Shield TV is connected to the Xbox One
    HDMI input. When I use the Xbox to watch something, the surround sound works fine. I have the settings setup correctly. However, when I use the Shield TV box, it doesn't play in surround sound. Do you know if the Xbox One supports the use of the NVIDIA Shield
    TV for surround sound passing through the Xbox to the AV receiver? I'm not sure if my question is clear, but basically, whenever I play media from the NVIDIA Shield TV that I have connected to the Xbox One, the surround sounds does not work correctly. Thanks.

MiAFlash3o5, Oct 19, 2014
  3. Oddible
    Oddible Guest
    Fitness App fails when surround sound is enabled (no vocals)

I have the beta HDMI surround sound enables (because... the console was somehow released without surround sound!?!?!?!?!?!). Works great in Battlefield 4 but the Fitness app doesn't work at all - it should default back to stereo when it doesn't have a surround
    signal but instead I just get background sound and none of the vocals.

Oddible, Oct 19, 2014
  4. Smokemmurkem
    Smokemmurkem Guest

Having the same issue trying to use a MP4... Was hoping to come here for a fix. I also have everything else one the Xbox One working fine with 5.1 except the media player. I have also checked it on my Xbox 360 which plays the sound in 5.1 no problem. Hope
    Microsoft will get this sorted out ASAP....

Smokemmurkem, Nov 1, 2014
  5. Karmisphere
    Karmisphere Guest
    bump: can an xbox support team moderator please answer this. C'mon, where's the customer support???

Karmisphere, Nov 1, 2018
  6. Smokemmurkem Win User

Having the same issue trying to use a MP4... Was hoping to come here for a fix. I also have everything else one the Xbox One working fine with 5.1 except the media player. I have also checked it on my Xbox 360 which plays the sound in 5.1 no problem. Hope
    Microsoft will get this sorted out ASAP....
  7. Karmisphere Win User

bump: can an xbox support team moderator please answer this. C'mon, where's the customer support???
  8. The Lion Turtle Win User

XB1 Surround Sound Issue

9. SlaterGS Win User

XBOX360 To Surround Sound

Yea, +1 Mister Fitzer. Bypass the DVD player and see if it works. I use optical for my surround sound but as you are using two RCA cables you will not get full surround sound but you say you aren't getting any sound, try bypassing the DVD player first.
  10. PPC-Welt Win User

No Sound using Xbox One with Telekom Media Receiver X301T and watching TV

I tried all that but I have no sound even if I connect the xbox direct to the TV and set all settings to stereo.

I don't know why lines should be cut off. It looks normal and complete to me. Here is the text again complete:

I have the following setup:

Xbox One

Telekom Media Receiver X300T

Bose Lifestyle V30 sound system

Samsung TV

The sound system is connected to the TV via HDMI.

The Xbox is connected to the sound system via HDMI also.

If I am connecting the media receiver to the HDMI-in of the Xbox I can see the TV stream but I have no sound. If I am connecting the media receiver directly to the sound system it is working very well.

I have tried both ways several times but no sound if it is connected to the Xbox.

I also tried all possible settings:

Media receiver: I tried setting it to stereo and to surround

Xbox settings: I tried all stereo and surround settings for audio

TV app: I tried to use the beta surround option and the standard mode.

I also tried all possible combinations of these settings but nothing worked. I always can see TV but have no sound.The other sound of the Xbox is working very well. I hear music and system sounds, and all other things but no TV sound.
Thema:

1. Media Player Surround Sound Reproduction doesn't work. - Similar Threads - Media Player Surround

2. Windows media player issues or flaws and accessories app issues Xbox system feature missing.

in XboX Insiders
    Windows media player issues or flaws and accessories app issues Xbox system feature missing.: It has no media server access, and it has an unfriendly UI when navigating through a large library of music. Also it's impossible to transfer from PC to internal storage. It reads metadata...
  3. Media Player for Xbox Series S is asking me to "Sign In" when opening the app. error code...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Media Player for Xbox Series S is asking me to "Sign In" when opening the app. error code...: I am trying to view my screenshots and clips on my Seagate Portable 1TB External Hard Drive but when I access the Media Player app it tells me to sign in and none of my captures are in the hard...
  4. Windows Media Player on Xbox Series X crashes after switching to another app

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Media Player on Xbox Series X crashes after switching to another app: If I'm playing a song on windows media player, and I switch to another app, the song plays in the background for around 4 seconds before stopping and the app crashes entirely....
  5. WD Black external drive only reading as media player

in XBoX on Consoles
    WD Black external drive only reading as media player: I have a brand new WD Black external drive. I bought it to move games I’m not currently playing. When I plug it in to the usb port on my Xbox series x, I get a message “media storage ready”. It...
  6. how to access wondows media player on 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to access wondows media player on 360: hos do i connext to windows media player on a 360 4fea8aae-72b7-4ab9-a42d-ae863dbd6086
  7. Media player is harder to use now

in XboX Insiders
    Media player is harder to use now: Very disappointed with the changes. Less functionality and just a pain in the arse. Was so much better before submitted by /u/Realistic_Being_3411 [link] [comments]
  8. Why does my xbox one read a ssd as a media player

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox one read a ssd as a media player: I put in my hp ssd p500 but my xbox reads it as a media player. I wanted to use the ssd as a gigabyte expansion. c016e10d-6337-4924-b2f7-cd883d0d04d1
  9. does downloading the DTS Unbound app onto Xbox 1 s enable the Windows Media Player to play...

in XBoX Accessibility
    does downloading the DTS Unbound app onto Xbox 1 s enable the Windows Media Player to play...: does downloading the DTS Unbound app onto Xbox 1 s enable the Windows Media Player to play and control a DTS CD? 20c201d9-9ca9-4fd5-9f6c-2478fff8516b
  10. Media Player/USB movies do not play in 5.1 surround through A/V system

in XBoX on Consoles
    Media Player/USB movies do not play in 5.1 surround through A/V system: Unfortunately, I had to replace my old Sony A/V system due to loose HDMI connections. I purchased an Onkyo 5.2 receiver as its replacement. I have a 5.1 speaker setup. I have a cable box,...