Media Player doesn't recognize any USB storage devices.

Discus and support Media Player doesn't recognize any USB storage devices. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just bought a Seagate USB 3.0 External hard drive. When I go to storage through settings is shows the device there but when I choose to view contents... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by FamousJinx, Feb 4, 2016.

1. FamousJinx
    FamousJinx Guest

I just bought a Seagate USB 3.0 External hard drive. When I go to storage through settings is shows the device there but when I choose to view contents the Media Player says no USB device is connected. What's going on?

:)

FamousJinx, Feb 4, 2016
  2. Seagate Game Drive 4 tb only recognized as media device, no option to format it for games

If it only recognizes it as media storage then its does not see the device as a USB 3 device, which is needed for game storage.

DIPDIP0TAT0CH1P, Feb 4, 2016
  3. connor1
    connor1 Guest
    Playing movies from USB connected to router (not Nas)

Yep looks like you are ok

"File Sharing Right at Your Fingertips

Connect a USB storage device to your DIR-868L to create a shared storage space, making it easy to access and share files between computers and devices connected to your network. Plug in a USB hard drive to stream your library of videos and music to your laptop. Plus, the SharePort™ Mobile app for iOS and Android devices allows you to back up photos and videos stored on your device. You can even customise your shared storage space by creating separate accounts to control access to the USB drive, so you can share your music with everyone but keep your personal files private. This Cloud Router can also be used as a media server for your home to stream media stored on your USB storage drive to any DLNA compliant player like the Boxee Box by D-Link."

connor1, Feb 4, 2016
  4. Media Player doesn't recognize any USB storage devices.

Hey,

How is your drive formated?

Cheers

OlivierCésar, Feb 9, 2016
  5. DIPDIP0TAT0CH1P Win User

Seagate Game Drive 4 tb only recognized as media device, no option to format it for games

If it only recognizes it as media storage then its does not see the device as a USB 3 device, which is needed for game storage.
  6. DejaVaughn RG Win User

Media player app not seeing files on USB flash

I'm also having an issue with media player not seeing my files. The usb format is exfat cause I have a Mac but when the usb is opened on the Media Player it doesn't recognize any of my mp3 files.
  7. OlivierCésar Win User

Hey,

How is your drive formated?

Cheers
  8. SPS-40B1869D-52C4-42 Win User

xbox one external hard drive

eagles1253,

Has this device ever worked on the Xbox One? Keep in mind that external storage devices need to be USB 3.0 with 256GB or more on them to be recognized as capable of saving games and apps to them. If it is less than that, try browsing the store for an App
    called Media Player. It might be reading it there due to size.

~Blitz
  9. Dbole007 Win User

2 Tb Hard Drive but cannot save games?

Is this Hard drive USB 3.0? If it isnt, then it will only be recognized for media storage, and not for game storage
Thema:

1. Media Player doesn't recognize any USB storage devices. - Similar Threads - Media Player doesn't

2. Windows media player issues or flaws and accessories app issues Xbox system feature missing.

in XboX Insiders
    Windows media player issues or flaws and accessories app issues Xbox system feature missing.: It has no media server access, and it has an unfriendly UI when navigating through a large library of music. Also it's impossible to transfer from PC to internal storage. It reads metadata...
  3. Media Player for Xbox Series S is asking me to "Sign In" when opening the app. error code...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Media Player for Xbox Series S is asking me to "Sign In" when opening the app. error code...: I am trying to view my screenshots and clips on my Seagate Portable 1TB External Hard Drive but when I access the Media Player app it tells me to sign in and none of my captures are in the hard...
  4. Windows Media Player on Xbox Series X crashes after switching to another app

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Media Player on Xbox Series X crashes after switching to another app: If I'm playing a song on windows media player, and I switch to another app, the song plays in the background for around 4 seconds before stopping and the app crashes entirely....
  5. WD Black external drive only reading as media player

in XBoX on Consoles
    WD Black external drive only reading as media player: I have a brand new WD Black external drive. I bought it to move games I’m not currently playing. When I plug it in to the usb port on my Xbox series x, I get a message “media storage ready”. It...
  6. how to access wondows media player on 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to access wondows media player on 360: hos do i connext to windows media player on a 360 4fea8aae-72b7-4ab9-a42d-ae863dbd6086
  7. Media player is harder to use now

in XboX Insiders
    Media player is harder to use now: Very disappointed with the changes. Less functionality and just a pain in the arse. Was so much better before submitted by /u/Realistic_Being_3411 [link] [comments]
  8. Why does my xbox one read a ssd as a media player

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox one read a ssd as a media player: I put in my hp ssd p500 but my xbox reads it as a media player. I wanted to use the ssd as a gigabyte expansion. c016e10d-6337-4924-b2f7-cd883d0d04d1
  9. Media Player Surround Sound Reproduction doesn't work.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Media Player Surround Sound Reproduction doesn't work.: I am having an issue with the new media player while streaming videos from my Synology NAS via my Xbox One, videos play fine however the sound which I feed from the Xbox One into my NAD T758...
  10. Media Player difficulty! Media Player doesn't recognise external hard drive, can anyone ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Media Player difficulty! Media Player doesn't recognise external hard drive, can anyone ...: I believe I have came into a rather unique situation, as I can't find it anywhere, my external hard drive that I want to watch TV shows from, is not recognised by the Xbox One Media Player,...