Media Player app, stops playing every 20 minutes. I tried to play film from HDD storage.

Discus and support Media Player app, stops playing every 20 minutes. I tried to play film from HDD storage. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Media Player app, stops playing every 20 minutes. I tried to play film from HDD storage. What is the problem? 292ecfc9-51a0-4faf-947d-e894561519cd Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Lordszeka, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Lordszeka
    Lordszeka Guest

Media Player app, stops playing every 20 minutes. I tried to play film from HDD storage.

Media Player app, stops playing every 20 minutes. I tried to play film from HDD storage. What is the problem?

:)

Lordszeka, Dec 4, 2016
  2. Media Player App Issues

I have had same problem with Media Player on my recently purchased XboxOne S.

I play films from usb hard drive which on average crash 3 times per 90 minute film on the One S. So far 5 out of 5 different films, not just one!!!

I have tried 3 hard drives all which seem to crash every 20-40 minutes on my One S

I have tried front and back ports.

I have tried brand new hard drives]

They work fine in my lg tv.

I hope this has been resolved?????

ClosestTick2877, Dec 4, 2016
  3. 6060842
    6060842 Guest
    Very strange external HDD Problem

Hi everyone

I have a problem that's only just started on an external HDD... I have an external 5TB drive that is used to store MKV files I have made from my dvd collection. Basically i made the MKV's with makemkv saved to my laptop then transferred to the external HDD. These are then played via connecting the external HDD to the xbox one

Everything has been working fine (some 400 films), then I decided to save the output from makemkv directly to the external HDD connected to the laptop (rather than copy them over from the laptop). I did this for about 20 films, but now none of the new films will play in either media player or VLC on the xbox (all other films prior to this work fine). Ive even tried making an mkv file the way i did it previously and copy the film to the external hdd but these don play either. If the drive is connected to the laptop all films play fine. Its also worth noting that the films that dont play in media player on the xbox one also dont show a thumbnail tile (just the play symbol)

This is driving me nuts. Any help appreciated

6060842, Dec 4, 2016
  4. ClosestTick2877 Win User

Media Player App Issues

I have had same problem with Media Player on my recently purchased XboxOne S.

I play films from usb hard drive which on average crash 3 times per 90 minute film on the One S. So far 5 out of 5 different films, not just one!!!

I have tried 3 hard drives all which seem to crash every 20-40 minutes on my One S

I have tried front and back ports.

I have tried brand new hard drives]

They work fine in my lg tv.

I hope this has been resolved?????
  5. celeztifierRao Win User

Media player app stoped working

Hi, the error is on the Xbox One X.

Error code per below:

0xc00d11c6 (0x8007000e)

The above code only appears on the "media player" app.

The note will say:

"Sorry, the app needs to restart"

Understand that the Xbox is a versatile media player however just about any content/file type I play through it the video either gets pixelated,frequently pauses or stops. The streaming isn't smooth.

I have also tried various apps such as Media Player, Media Player Pro and VLC.

*I'm using an external HDD*
  6. EinradBueffel49 Win User

Media Player green screen when playing 4K videos

Got the same Problem with Media Player and VLC

I tried a lot of Codecs an Formats but nothing works.

h265 with 35,25 and 15 Mbits 3840x2160 (50p)

h264 with 35,25 and 15 Mbits 3840x2160 (50p)

Played from USB AND internal Drive...

The weird thing is that the h265 15 Mbits 3840x2160 (50p) works. i rendered a 10 seconds snippet of the movie in that format and the VLC App AND the Media Player played it. then, if i rendered the whole movie in this format (film duratio about 5 Min) got
    the same Problem.

VLC just showed Black screen with audio / Media Play Green Screen with audio. The Support just says "its no Computer" and "the Xbox one s is no Computer...it wont works"

(My Console: X Box One s)

Endoder Software: Adobe Media Encoder cc 2017

Is there a datasheet which codecs an specifications are supportet by the Xbox one s? Every Cheap DVD Play got this Information in it´s Manual...

HEEEEELP :-(
  7. Beefhart Win User

Xbox one Console suddenly not seeing External drives, even brand new backup console.

OK

My console isnt picking up my USB HDD after the latest FW update ( series X )

The drive in question is working fine on every other device i use it on still.

I use it for game captures and it isnt showing up in storage devices under settings, or the media player app.

any ideas?
  8. ReefSteele1 Win User

Xbox one Console suddenly not seeing External drives, even brand new backup console.

Hey mate

Did all that, still nothing. It was the most recent firmware update.

I was watching media off my hdd. Turned the xbox off (instant power mode).

Came back 20 minutes later and the hdd was no longer detected. Have been using this hdd for media for 4 months with no issue.

Checked if an update had been installed and it had.

Since then no media hdd has worked. I bought a brand new hdd today. Sometimes it detects and brings up the prompt. I select media. Hdd doesn't show up in storage.

I do the whole power cycle etc etc. Still nothing. No prompt either.

Go to disk management on pc. Delete volume. Create new simple volume. Format to ntfs. Unstuck quick format.

Plug back into xbox. Brings up prompt. Select media. Doesn't show up in storage.

Something in the update has created a bug. We need a patch or a hot fix.

Or something. A lot of people use their xbox as a media player. If you like I'll paste the reddit thread I found which was created soon after the firmware update complaining of this issue.
Thema:

1. Media Player app, stops playing every 20 minutes. I tried to play film from HDD storage. - Similar Threads - Media Player app

2. Windows media player issues or flaws and accessories app issues Xbox system feature missing.

in XboX Insiders
    Windows media player issues or flaws and accessories app issues Xbox system feature missing.: It has no media server access, and it has an unfriendly UI when navigating through a large library of music. Also it's impossible to transfer from PC to internal storage. It reads metadata...
  3. Media Player for Xbox Series S is asking me to "Sign In" when opening the app. error code...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Media Player for Xbox Series S is asking me to "Sign In" when opening the app. error code...: I am trying to view my screenshots and clips on my Seagate Portable 1TB External Hard Drive but when I access the Media Player app it tells me to sign in and none of my captures are in the hard...
  4. Windows Media Player on Xbox Series X crashes after switching to another app

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Media Player on Xbox Series X crashes after switching to another app: If I'm playing a song on windows media player, and I switch to another app, the song plays in the background for around 4 seconds before stopping and the app crashes entirely....
  5. does downloading the DTS Unbound app onto Xbox 1 s enable the Windows Media Player to play...

in XBoX Accessibility
    does downloading the DTS Unbound app onto Xbox 1 s enable the Windows Media Player to play...: does downloading the DTS Unbound app onto Xbox 1 s enable the Windows Media Player to play and control a DTS CD? 20c201d9-9ca9-4fd5-9f6c-2478fff8516b
  6. DLNA broken with new Media Player app?

in XboX Insiders
    DLNA broken with new Media Player app?: A recent Xbox update included a new "Media Player" app. This app replaced Groove Music and automatically launches whenever I attempt to cast media (audio) from my home PC or Android phone to the...
  7. DLNA PlayTo not working with new Windows Media Player app on Xbox Series

in XBoX on Windows
    DLNA PlayTo not working with new Windows Media Player app on Xbox Series: Previously I was able to use the "Cast to device" DLNA functionality built into windows (or other dlna "play-to" apps) to play music to my Xbox Series consoles. After being forced to update to the...
  8. Xbox One S not reading files from extHD in media player app

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One S not reading files from extHD in media player app: Anybody else still having this issue 1 month and a bit later? It reads my 1TB and 2TB but not my 5TB in media player. submitted by /u/JesseJayy420 [link] [comments]
  9. Media player app issues for external hard drive

in XboX Insiders
    Media player app issues for external hard drive: Anyone having issues since latest update? Like not working? submitted by /u/Shmeediddy [link] [comments]
  10. Can't Resume the Media Player App After Latest System Update (Restarts After Playing a Game)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't Resume the Media Player App After Latest System Update (Restarts After Playing a Game): I know I must be the only one who uses the Media Player app on a regular basis, but after the latest system update, it keeps restarting when switching back after a game. This was not the case...