Media player app not seeing files on USB flash

Discus and support Media player app not seeing files on USB flash in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; i formatted a USB flash drive but the xbox one is not seeing the files on it. tried both fat32 and ntfs. when it does work, usually after a full... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by LongingAbyss5, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Media player app not seeing files on USB flash

i formatted a USB flash drive but the xbox one is not seeing the files on it. tried both fat32 and ntfs. when it does work, usually after a full format of the drive, the console is unable to read it after a reboot. Note this is a USB 3.0 drive.

thanks

:)

LongingAbyss5, Jun 23, 2016
  2. FoldedArc12
    FoldedArc12 Guest
    media player not showing files from USB

Anyone got any suggestions?

Installed media player yesterday popped in 128gb usb stick showed all the video files (mkv and avi) played all of them no problem. switch on xbox today went into media player and not showing any files. uninstalled and reinstalled app. Formatted USB stick
    (ms-dos FAT) copied in files again and still no luck.

FoldedArc12, Jun 23, 2016
  3. USB Flash Drive not being Detected?

Yeah, that's what I'm trying to use. But in that App, and even the media player app the USB Flash Drive doesn't show up.

RaccoonNinja28, Jun 23, 2016
  4. Media player app not seeing files on USB flash

Hey there LongingAbyss5,

What type of files and codecs are you using with your USB 3.0 drive? Are they compatible if you check this page

here
    ? You might also want to try this guide for external drive detection problems on Xbox One.

Mister Mascot, Jun 24, 2016
  5. I'm also having an issue with media player not seeing my files. The usb format is exfat cause I have a Mac but when the usb is opened on the Media Player it doesn't recognize any of my mp3 files.

DejaVaughn RG, Jun 24, 2016
  6. hello Mister Mascot, thanks for the reply. As of now i have tried MKV, AVI and MP$. the odd this is that it doesn't even show mp3's or folders in the drive. if i format and load the files back it works, but the second i reboot, nothing..

LongingAbyss5, Jun 25, 2016
  7. If you have another USB drive laying around, try placing one of the files on it and see if you get the same issue. If the issue is no longer present, it may be the drive itself.

Is the USB drive generic or an off-brand?

DillonDonnelly, Jun 25, 2016
  8. Media player app not seeing files on USB flash

hi Furry Wall...to answer you last question, all my USB's are kingston data-travellers, except one which funny enough seems to work. the others not so much. i tried what you suugessted and initially i thought eureka it works, but when i added the other files
    it stopped. all the other files are that same as the first, avi\mp4\mp3

thanks

LongingAbyss5, Nov 2, 2018
  9. LongingAbyss5 Win User

hello Mister Mascot, thanks for the reply. As of now i have tried MKV, AVI and MP$. the odd this is that it doesn't even show mp3's or folders in the drive. if i format and load the files back it works, but the second i reboot, nothing..
  10. Mister Mascot Win User

Hey there LongingAbyss5,

What type of files and codecs are you using with your USB 3.0 drive? Are they compatible if you check this page

here
    ? You might also want to try this guide for external drive detection problems on Xbox One.
  11. DillonDonnelly Win User

If you have another USB drive laying around, try placing one of the files on it and see if you get the same issue. If the issue is no longer present, it may be the drive itself.

Is the USB drive generic or an off-brand?
  12. LongingAbyss5 Win User

hi Furry Wall...to answer you last question, all my USB's are kingston data-travellers, except one which funny enough seems to work. the others not so much. i tried what you suugessted and initially i thought eureka it works, but when i added the other files
    it stopped. all the other files are that same as the first, avi\mp4\mp3

thanks
  13. DejaVaughn RG Win User

I'm also having an issue with media player not seeing my files. The usb format is exfat cause I have a Mac but when the usb is opened on the Media Player it doesn't recognize any of my mp3 files.
Thema:

1. Media player app not seeing files on USB flash - Similar Threads - Media player app

2. Windows media player issues or flaws and accessories app issues Xbox system feature missing.

in XboX Insiders
    Windows media player issues or flaws and accessories app issues Xbox system feature missing.: It has no media server access, and it has an unfriendly UI when navigating through a large library of music. Also it's impossible to transfer from PC to internal storage. It reads metadata...
  3. Media Player for Xbox Series S is asking me to "Sign In" when opening the app. error code...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Media Player for Xbox Series S is asking me to "Sign In" when opening the app. error code...: I am trying to view my screenshots and clips on my Seagate Portable 1TB External Hard Drive but when I access the Media Player app it tells me to sign in and none of my captures are in the hard...
  4. Windows Media Player on Xbox Series X crashes after switching to another app

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Media Player on Xbox Series X crashes after switching to another app: If I'm playing a song on windows media player, and I switch to another app, the song plays in the background for around 4 seconds before stopping and the app crashes entirely....
  5. does downloading the DTS Unbound app onto Xbox 1 s enable the Windows Media Player to play...

in XBoX Accessibility
    does downloading the DTS Unbound app onto Xbox 1 s enable the Windows Media Player to play...: does downloading the DTS Unbound app onto Xbox 1 s enable the Windows Media Player to play and control a DTS CD? 20c201d9-9ca9-4fd5-9f6c-2478fff8516b
  6. DLNA broken with new Media Player app?

in XboX Insiders
    DLNA broken with new Media Player app?: A recent Xbox update included a new "Media Player" app. This app replaced Groove Music and automatically launches whenever I attempt to cast media (audio) from my home PC or Android phone to the...
  7. DLNA PlayTo not working with new Windows Media Player app on Xbox Series

in XBoX on Windows
    DLNA PlayTo not working with new Windows Media Player app on Xbox Series: Previously I was able to use the "Cast to device" DLNA functionality built into windows (or other dlna "play-to" apps) to play music to my Xbox Series consoles. After being forced to update to the...
  8. Xbox One S not reading files from extHD in media player app

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One S not reading files from extHD in media player app: Anybody else still having this issue 1 month and a bit later? It reads my 1TB and 2TB but not my 5TB in media player. submitted by /u/JesseJayy420 [link] [comments]
  9. Media player app issues for external hard drive

in XboX Insiders
    Media player app issues for external hard drive: Anyone having issues since latest update? Like not working? submitted by /u/Shmeediddy [link] [comments]
  10. Can't Resume the Media Player App After Latest System Update (Restarts After Playing a Game)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't Resume the Media Player App After Latest System Update (Restarts After Playing a Game): I know I must be the only one who uses the Media Player app on a regular basis, but after the latest system update, it keeps restarting when switching back after a game. This was not the case...