Mechwarrior 5: saved games lost?

Discus and support Mechwarrior 5: saved games lost? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I have been playing Mechwarrior 5 on xBox for over a year and when I logged in two days ago all my saved games were missing. I thought they would... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Steve Smith (Psybord), Nov 2, 2023.

1. Mechwarrior 5: saved games lost?

Hi,

I have been playing Mechwarrior 5 on xBox for over a year and when I logged in two days ago all my saved games were missing. I thought they would be sync'd with my gamepass ultimate but each time I start the game there are no saves presented so I cannot load anything.

I looked under Manage Game and Ad-ons and I can see there is one saved 4 MB, but I have no idea why it is not loading.

Can you help me recover or resync them?

:)

Steve Smith (Psybord), Nov 2, 2023
  2. David Wirsching Win User

Hello Steve S, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your saved games in Mechwarrior 5 on Xbox. Losing saved game data can be frustrating, but there are a few troubleshooting steps you can try to potentially recover or resync your saves:

Check cloud save synchronization: Ensure that your Xbox console is connected to the internet and that your Xbox Live account is properly signed in. Mechwarrior 5 supports cloud saves, so your saved games should be synced to the cloud. To confirm this, follow these steps:

a. Open the Xbox Guide by pressing the Xbox button on your controller.
    b. Navigate to the "Profile & system" tab.
    c. Select "Settings" and then "Preferences."
    d. Under "Online safety & family," select "Xbox Live privacy."
    e. Make sure that "Share across devices" is set to "Allow."

If cloud save synchronization is enabled, your saved games should be available on any Xbox console you sign in to with your Xbox Live account.

Check available storage space: Ensure that you have sufficient storage space on your Xbox console. If the storage is nearly full, it may prevent the game from properly saving or loading your progress. Go to Settings > System > Storage to check the available space. If needed, delete unnecessary games or content to free up space.

Restart your console: Sometimes, a simple restart can help resolve minor issues. Turn off your Xbox console, unplug the power cord from the back, wait for a few seconds, then plug it back in and turn it on again. Launch Mechwarrior 5 and check if your saved games are now available.

Check for game updates: Make sure that Mechwarrior 5 is up to date with the latest patches and updates. Developers often release updates to address issues and improve game performance. Check for any available updates and install them if necessary.

I hope this helps.
    Best regards.
  3. Steve Smith (Psybord Win User

Hi David,

thank you for the prompt and informative reply.

I checked all the settings/free space and they are as you describe, I also unplugged and restarted the console several times (awaiting longer each time). Sadly my saved games are still missing :(

Its a shame as I like(d) the game but if you lose all the effort then it doesnt seem worth buying the next campaigns (which I would have done).

I wonder if there is anything else I can try?

Steve
  4. StevePalmer66 Win User

Installation problem

Mechwarrior 5 will not play on my Xbox ONEX
  5. Samagda Win User

0x803F8001. how can I fix this error?

Thanks for the reply. I have checked and tried this but still not working. Other games work but not Mechwarrior 5
  6. Wiggs Win User

mechassault

Isn't MEchWarrior Online a F2P game? If it is....my ingnorance says I'm still waiting on a true MechWarrior game.

Fun Fact: MechWarrior is the true owner of the "MW" abbreviation, HA! Everytime I see someone saying MW2 for COD I think MechWarrior.
Thema:

1. Mechwarrior 5: saved games lost? - Similar Threads - Mechwarrior saved games

2. Please make MechWarrior-4-Expansions pack available for new tektology -10 and 11... Please-...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Please make MechWarrior-4-Expansions pack available for new tektology -10 and 11... Please-...: Please make MechWarrior-4-Expansions pack available for new tektology -10 and 11... Please- M.A.O. 02491610-0fbb-4700-a289-72f9d56c41c4
  3. Microsoft Studio's MechWarrior 4 expansion pack, Mercenaries, Vengeances and Black Knight....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Studio's MechWarrior 4 expansion pack, Mercenaries, Vengeances and Black Knight....: Microsoft Studio's MechWarrior 4 expansion pack, Mercenaries, Vengeances and Black Knight. on my gaming computer. HP Pavilion Gaming p.c. 1650-AND RYZEN 5 GeForce GTX 1650 NVIDIA. Installs and...
  4. error 0x803F8001 with Mechwarrior 5: Mercenaries on Game Pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    error 0x803F8001 with Mechwarrior 5: Mercenaries on Game Pass: I recently got PC Game Pass, and Mechwarrior 5 is throwing error 0x803F8001 when i attempt to launch it. It's on game pass and the Xbox app allowed me to download it with no issue, and other games...
  5. Mechwarrior 4 Vengeance and Mercenaries

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mechwarrior 4 Vengeance and Mercenaries: This question has been asked many times and many places: what is the status of these games and can they be run today? As far as I remember, the original Mercenaries were released as freeware some...
  6. PC GamePass and Mechwarrior 5

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PC GamePass and Mechwarrior 5: I'm trying to play MechWarrior 5, and and getting stuck on the launch screen. It's constantly "signing in." Gamepass isn't asking for the permissions like it usually does when I start up a new...
  7. MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries failed to login to online services

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries failed to login to online services: I'm playing MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries and my my game crashed out of a co-op game and when I try to rejoin it says failed to login to online services, f3456d34-bc56-433b-a315-e3df0fba1321
  8. MechWarrior 4: Vengeance Doesn't work at Win10

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MechWarrior 4: Vengeance Doesn't work at Win10: Hello everyone. a few years ago, i switched from windows 7 to windows 10. some of my games cannot run anymore. is there any way to run Mechwarrior 4 vengeance at win10? thanks in advance. p.s...
  9. Mechwarrior 5 off xbox game pass not launching.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mechwarrior 5 off xbox game pass not launching.: Strange situation. A few months ago I updated my xbox one to an xbox series x and ported over all my old games. Mechwarrior 5 was on of those and it was a download off game pass. Since then it...
  10. why won't Mechwarrior 5 load on my Xbox oneX?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why won't Mechwarrior 5 load on my Xbox oneX?: Why won't Mechwarrior 5 load on my Xboxone X? 4a0e7740-d29e-4a2c-bb5d-2460b0f075f8