Mechwarrior 5 on XBox PC Gamepass "not installed"

Discus and support Mechwarrior 5 on XBox PC Gamepass "not installed" in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; So I have MW5Mercs installed on my computer however when I launch the game the xbox app closes but the game never launches. When I go back into the app... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by SaberViper, Jul 25, 2020.

1. SaberViper
    SaberViper Guest

So I have MW5Mercs installed on my computer however when I launch the game the xbox app closes but the game never launches. When I go back into the app MW5 doesn't show in the list and I have to reinstall it, however when I do that it shows up on the sidebar
    list as installed. When I click on it, the same thing happens as before. Repeat Ad infinitum. I can't find MW5 mercs in the Windows apps settings to uninstall it if it shows in there (which it doesn't) and other games I have are working fine. I should point
    out that MW5 mercs worked fine a week ago and nothing on my computer has changed since last week.

:)

SaberViper, Jul 25, 2020
  2. Dérek Augusto Win User

PC GamePass and Mechwarrior 5

Hello!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

Sek, let's do some tests

Tell me what appears in this test please. Download the companion xbox console app > settings > network > NAT type

And connectivity

Do you have antivirus, vpn or firewall?

If so, disable them and see if the error persists.

Let's try this IP and cache cleanup, please

Type CMD in the search bar;

Right-click on the Command Prompt option;

Click on the Run as Administrator option;

From the Command Prompt screen, execute the commands described below, pressing Enter at the end of each line:

ipconfig /release <Enter>

ipconfig /renew <Enter>

ipconfig /flushdns <Enter>

ipconfig /registerdns <Enter>

nbtstat -rr <Enter>

netsh int ip reset all <Enter>

netsh winsock reset <Enter>

These commands are for resetting IP configuration and network-related caches that may be stored on your computer.

1.On the desktop, press the Windows + R keys simultaneously to open Run;

2. At run type cleanmgr and click OK to open Disk Cleanup;

3. In the Disk Cleanup window, select the C: drive (if asked) and click OK;

4. In the Disk Cleanup for Windows 10 window, select the checkboxes for the files shown and click Cleanup System Files.

5. After cleaning, check the checkboxes that are not checked again and click OK>Delete Files.

I remain at your disposal if you have any further questions.
  3. Sek Triome Win User

Thank you for your time, Dérek! I did try your troubleshooting tips, with no luck.

Side note: I've called Xbox support, and after getting hung up on (with no callback after providing my number 3 times), I decided to resolve the issue by buying it through Epic Games. Worked like a charm.
  4. Dérek Augusto Win User

I understand, Sek.

I'm glad everything worked out for you, and I'm sorry that we weren't able to solve your problem initially.

But I appreciate your feedback, and your education.
  5. StevePalmer66 Win User

Installation problem

Mechwarrior 5 will not play on my Xbox ONEX
  6. Scattered3 Win User

xbox one x internet

Tried your steps.

On my MechWarrior 5 install on my PC, the download seems to be working now.

But the XBox is still junk.

With 11 GB to go on MW, i'm definitely not going to be cancelling that download & restarting, but i did reset the console.

It's struggling to even maintain a connection, yet it has been popping up telling me that there is between 5 - 6 hours left of the install.

Meanwhile though, my PS4 is telling me that there is less than an hour to go on the initial 15 GB install for Modern Warfare.
Thema:

1. Mechwarrior 5 on XBox PC Gamepass "not installed" - Similar Threads - Mechwarrior Gamepass installed

2. Please make MechWarrior-4-Expansions pack available for new tektology -10 and 11... Please-...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Please make MechWarrior-4-Expansions pack available for new tektology -10 and 11... Please-...: Please make MechWarrior-4-Expansions pack available for new tektology -10 and 11... Please- M.A.O. 02491610-0fbb-4700-a289-72f9d56c41c4
  3. Mechwarrior 5: saved games lost?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mechwarrior 5: saved games lost?: Hi, I have been playing Mechwarrior 5 on xBox for over a year and when I logged in two days ago all my saved games were missing. I thought they would be sync'd with my gamepass ultimate but each...
  4. Microsoft Studio's MechWarrior 4 expansion pack, Mercenaries, Vengeances and Black Knight....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Studio's MechWarrior 4 expansion pack, Mercenaries, Vengeances and Black Knight....: Microsoft Studio's MechWarrior 4 expansion pack, Mercenaries, Vengeances and Black Knight. on my gaming computer. HP Pavilion Gaming p.c. 1650-AND RYZEN 5 GeForce GTX 1650 NVIDIA. Installs and...
  5. error 0x803F8001 with Mechwarrior 5: Mercenaries on Game Pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    error 0x803F8001 with Mechwarrior 5: Mercenaries on Game Pass: I recently got PC Game Pass, and Mechwarrior 5 is throwing error 0x803F8001 when i attempt to launch it. It's on game pass and the Xbox app allowed me to download it with no issue, and other games...
  6. Mechwarrior 4 Vengeance and Mercenaries

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mechwarrior 4 Vengeance and Mercenaries: This question has been asked many times and many places: what is the status of these games and can they be run today? As far as I remember, the original Mercenaries were released as freeware some...
  7. PC GamePass and Mechwarrior 5

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PC GamePass and Mechwarrior 5: I'm trying to play MechWarrior 5, and and getting stuck on the launch screen. It's constantly "signing in." Gamepass isn't asking for the permissions like it usually does when I start up a new...
  8. MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries failed to login to online services

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries failed to login to online services: I'm playing MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries and my my game crashed out of a co-op game and when I try to rejoin it says failed to login to online services, f3456d34-bc56-433b-a315-e3df0fba1321
  9. Mechwarrior 5: Mercenaries Gamepass vs Cloud Content is Different

in XboX Insiders
    Mechwarrior 5: Mercenaries Gamepass vs Cloud Content is Different: I originally downloaded Mechwarrior 5 on my Series X via gamepass and put quite a few hours into it. I then decided to give the game a go via cloud gaming. When I went back to my Series X I got an...
  10. Does Mechwarrior 5 coop work for gamepass users?

in XBoX on Windows
    Does Mechwarrior 5 coop work for gamepass users?: My friend and I download this through game pass and want to play co-op together. Under the game pass description in says it supports co-op. However after doing several missions and purchasing...