Maybe someone can help me? a/v issues not resolved via online support

Discus and support Maybe someone can help me? a/v issues not resolved via online support in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I had to get support today for a/v issues and ended up going into chat for support; once finished I was prompted to complete a survey... thought it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by kanye midwest, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Maybe someone can help me? a/v issues not resolved via online support

So I had to get support today for a/v issues and ended up going into chat for support; once finished I was prompted to complete a survey... thought it would be good to give some feedback but hit submit and was told my cookie did not match my chat ID... so
    I'm glad I copied the reason why I would not recommend Xbox one to my family and friends... here are the answers to Microsoft support survey that were never submitted.

Overall experience from first moment contacting support. 3

Was the issue resolved the first time? No

Was the issue resolved? I don't know

Overall experience with chat support. 8 (he was nice although didn't give me any technical advice except the support phone number) QUESTION: is it against Xbox live, et al, rules to repost a chat support discussion in the forums?

How likely would you be to reco Xbox one to friends/family? 0-NOT AT ALL

Why? My answer is below

Why did I upgrade to Xbox one if I have to reboot and go through multiple troubleshooting steps each session? If I can't use the feature of having the cable run through my Xbox then I may as well go back to the 360. I like the new system but it's been a
    pain in the rear 75% of the time. I will tell friends and family to wait to buy Xbox one until more issues like these are resolved. I have a great TV, high end avr, and compatible cable box, yet I have to unplug, reset, reboot, switch inputs, blah blah blah
    just to get the thing running? And the other option is to just keep all my electronics on day and night so that I don't have to restart everyday - what a waste of energy. Not what I would expect from Microsoft and I feel even worse for people that bought this
    thinking it would work with their other components and it probably doesn't. And when I go online to try to get a phone number to call someone I see nothing. I guess I'm old-school but typing or tweeting is not my idea of "great" customer service. Luckily Tony
    chatted me the phone number but I'm sure when I call tomorrow it will be to a call center in India that y'all share with IBM... can't say I'm looking forward to that experience but hopefully it won't take as long as typing. I went from being excited all year
    to be able to buy the Xbox one (took me all year to talk my wife into it being a "good investment for the family") to now seeing her grumpy because it takes 30-60 minutes to get the *** thing functioning properly. So I hope someone with sense sees this rant
    and can help me understand what I am doing wrong... otherwise it's back to GameStop with a return and a sad walk back to a 360, or maybe nothing at all. Or maybe I'll give Sony a try - they certainly make better phones and other electronics than Microsoft;
    maybe they got the next gen console right this time around? I'm available to discuss my yet to be resolved issues but seriously doubt anyone will reach out to me. I'd rather be and Xboxer but might have to become a PShead soon. I wonder if my gamer tag is
    available on that network? If not then my new one will be WTFhappenedtoXBox. Please do not take my sarcasm as anger, after all it's just a game, right?

:)

kanye midwest, Oct 6, 2014
  2. Dynamodux
    Dynamodux Guest
    i need help. can someone please help

just to make a point NOT EVERY1 is having issues... i can see people online via xbox.com on their xboxes!!

Dynamodux, Oct 6, 2014
  3. nhoelb
    nhoelb Guest
    Cloud storage not working...again.

It is working for me. I suggest you call xbox support to get your issue resolved. I always call them whenever I have trouble with my xbox live and they are really helpful. Logging and out then log in back usually resolves your issue.

nhoelb, Oct 6, 2014
  4. Calle2k
    Calle2k Guest

It would make it a lot easier if you explained the issue in a more reader friendly way.

Because its quite hard to single out your actually problem when you got all that text running in one go.

Anyways, "yet I have to unplug, reset, reboot, switch inputs, blah blah blah just to get the thing running?"

So your problem is that you have to unplug/reset to get the xbox itself to boot up?

Or, "I have a great TV, high end avr, compatible..... "

is it a problem with the xbox controlling the rest of your equipment?

Or both or maybe neither, if so can you try to explain the exact problem ? Maybe someone can help me? a/v issues not resolved via online support :)

Calle2k, Oct 6, 2014
  5. yeah, I was a little upset so my thoughts were a little scattered. here's what I think the issue is now: I believe that since I am using HDMI for all connections (Xbox one HMDI IN using Xbox supplied cable goes to cable box, HDMI OUT goes to AVR, and AVR
    out goes to TV) there are a lot of mixed signals and the HDCP link is being disturbed.

My cable provider came out to do a service call and said that in order for it to work I'll need to run the cable direct to the TV. I'm not sure I truly believe that and the whole point of getting the Xbox one was to use it as a pass thru for the cable.

I also did a system reset on my AVR and my problem still exists. I can get the whole thing working but it takes 30-40 minutes of troubleshooting to get it going without error. But every day I have to go through these steps to get it working.

There is a firmware update for my AVR but it does not specifically say whether it will correct HDCP link issues. Do I need to spend money on a cable to do the update or is there another way to get my system working using HDMI? The cable guy tried using a
    component cable to connect the AVR to the TV but that did not work.

Should I try the AVR firmware update or go with a component/HDMI splitter to use component cable from Xbox to cable, AVR to TV, etc? Or should I try the Pin 19 trick?

Thank you listening!

kanye midwest, Oct 14, 2014
  6. KILL2MORE
    KILL2MORE Guest
    Why even fiddle with doing the cable pass through? Hook the Xbox straight to the avr and cable separate straight to ur avr and one out to ur TV from ur avr. If everything is high end one should not want nothing in between messing or degrading ur audio/video.

I'd run components straight to the TV but obviously one must hit the avr first for sound.

Anyways sound like a handshake prob with the HDMI where the TV/avr must be on first.

KILL2MORE, Oct 14, 2014
  7. KILL2MORE
    KILL2MORE Guest
    At any rate the prob sounds like it lies with the avr.. If u ha e a prob with it that's when u want to upgrade the firmware if there is one.. Do that and if there's still a prob call the tech support for the manufacturer of ur receiver.

KILL2MORE, Oct 14, 2014
  8. Maybe someone can help me? a/v issues not resolved via online support

thanks for the advice - I'm just stubborn and think that if a feature is advertised so heavily then it shouldn't be a detractor once you buy. my audio and video signal is great when passed thru; just gets that intermittent flashing. I found a post directly
    related and for now I'm going to wait on a system update. It has to be the handshake - *** gov't!

kanye midwest, Oct 14, 2014
  9. KILL2MORE
    KILL2MORE Guest
    I also have a ps4 and there's no option for cable box passthrough. There menu system is pretty blah and really nothing cool going on but gaming.

KILL2MORE, Oct 31, 2018
  10. KILL2MORE Win User

I also have a ps4 and there's no option for cable box passthrough. There menu system is pretty blah and really nothing cool going on but gaming.
  11. kanye midwest Win User

thanks for the advice - I'm just stubborn and think that if a feature is advertised so heavily then it shouldn't be a detractor once you buy. my audio and video signal is great when passed thru; just gets that intermittent flashing. I found a post directly
    related and for now I'm going to wait on a system update. It has to be the handshake - *** gov't!
  12. kanye midwest Win User

yeah, I was a little upset so my thoughts were a little scattered. here's what I think the issue is now: I believe that since I am using HDMI for all connections (Xbox one HMDI IN using Xbox supplied cable goes to cable box, HDMI OUT goes to AVR, and AVR
    out goes to TV) there are a lot of mixed signals and the HDCP link is being disturbed.

My cable provider came out to do a service call and said that in order for it to work I'll need to run the cable direct to the TV. I'm not sure I truly believe that and the whole point of getting the Xbox one was to use it as a pass thru for the cable.

I also did a system reset on my AVR and my problem still exists. I can get the whole thing working but it takes 30-40 minutes of troubleshooting to get it going without error. But every day I have to go through these steps to get it working.

There is a firmware update for my AVR but it does not specifically say whether it will correct HDCP link issues. Do I need to spend money on a cable to do the update or is there another way to get my system working using HDMI? The cable guy tried using a
    component cable to connect the AVR to the TV but that did not work.

Should I try the AVR firmware update or go with a component/HDMI splitter to use component cable from Xbox to cable, AVR to TV, etc? Or should I try the Pin 19 trick?

Thank you listening!
  13. KILL2MORE Win User

At any rate the prob sounds like it lies with the avr.. If u ha e a prob with it that's when u want to upgrade the firmware if there is one.. Do that and if there's still a prob call the tech support for the manufacturer of ur receiver.
  14. Calle2k Win User

It would make it a lot easier if you explained the issue in a more reader friendly way.

Because its quite hard to single out your actually problem when you got all that text running in one go.

Anyways, "yet I have to unplug, reset, reboot, switch inputs, blah blah blah just to get the thing running?"

So your problem is that you have to unplug/reset to get the xbox itself to boot up?

Or, "I have a great TV, high end avr, compatible..... "

is it a problem with the xbox controlling the rest of your equipment?

Or both or maybe neither, if so can you try to explain the exact problem ? :)
Thema:

1. Maybe someone can help me? a/v issues not resolved via online support - Similar Threads - Maybe someone help

2. Xbox One S E101 problems when trying to update OS or recovering the system (maybe hard...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S E101 problems when trying to update OS or recovering the system (maybe hard...: Hello, so I'm kinda new in all this console repairing thing so I don't know a lot and I would need some help. I recently got a second hand Xbox One S, and it had image problems, it wouldn't show...
  3. Xbox Original Avatars bugged maybe?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Original Avatars bugged maybe?: Won’t let me attach an image but for the last ~6 months Xbox Original Avatars has been in the installation queue but won’t download or install. I’ve tried cancelling it, restarting it, restarting...
  4. Hello, the problem is about MCSM Yes, maybe MCSM3 will not be released, but maybe you can...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello, the problem is about MCSM Yes, maybe MCSM3 will not be released, but maybe you can...: Hello, the problem is about Minecraft Story Mode. Yes, maybe MCSM3 will not be released, but maybe you can bring back seasons 1 and 2. This game has a loyal audience and people will love to...
  5. Hello, Microsoft. Yes, maybe MCSM3 will not be released, but maybe you can bring back...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello, Microsoft. Yes, maybe MCSM3 will not be released, but maybe you can bring back...: Hello, the problem is about Minecraft Story Mode. Yes, maybe MCSM3 will not be released, but maybe you can bring back seasons 1 and 2. This game has a loyal audience and people will love to...
  6. Is there anyway to get a subscription canceled from a account i cant access? Or maybe a way...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there anyway to get a subscription canceled from a account i cant access? Or maybe a way...: I made a new account the other day and saved the information for logging into it on my Google that way I did not need to input said info to log in and could do so by just clicking a button. Well,...
  7. Hello again, I'm having some problems with a specific game, and I was wondering if maybe...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello again, I'm having some problems with a specific game, and I was wondering if maybe...: The problem is in the game The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Complete Edition, in a specific part, the game keeps loading infinitely. Specifying even more, it is in the part where we escape from the black...
  8. Will starfield maybe come to the ps5

in XboX Insiders
    Will starfield maybe come to the ps5: Can starfield come to the ps5 us PlayStation fans just want starfield on the PlayStation. Please and thank you. submitted by /u/Lordjustin_69 [link] [comments]
  9. Sorry, we are unable to complete your realm purchase. Maybe check your internet connection?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sorry, we are unable to complete your realm purchase. Maybe check your internet connection?: Every time I try to start a 30 day trial of realms, this message just keeps popping up. My wifi works just fine and I can play on other multiplayer games. 294ca02e-ca6d-4525-a5eb-5effa723f481
  10. Battlefield 2042 issues maybe? Or is it just me

in XboX Insiders
    Battlefield 2042 issues maybe? Or is it just me: Has anyone else been having issues with 2042 not getting past the connecting to online services screen? submitted by /u/GENERALVONDEATH [link] [comments]