Maximum Supported Screen Resolution For Locally Stored Video (16:9 Aspect Screen Ratio)

Discus and support Maximum Supported Screen Resolution For Locally Stored Video (16:9 Aspect Screen Ratio) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; While not really HARDWARE related, this (Likely N00b) question is related to VIDEO itself (Given the forum layout, this appeared to be the most... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Pat Cook, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Pat Cook
    Pat Cook Guest

Maximum Supported Screen Resolution For Locally Stored Video (16:9 Aspect Screen Ratio)

While not really HARDWARE related, this (Likely N00b) question is related to VIDEO itself (Given the forum layout, this appeared to be the most appropriate place I could find)

But what I'm looking to do is take some videos & store the DIRECTLY on the Xbox. I know this can be done by using a USB Flash Drive to cut/copy them from the Drive & paste them onto the drive of the Xbox itself

But what I wanna know is how big (In terms of screen resolution) can the videos be in order for Xbox to play them (I hear next gen consoles can play videos all the way up to 1080i but having a PS3 as my last console (Where you can't have videos any bigger
    than 640 x 360 @ 16:9 *.mp4 & have them still be playable) but I have NO CLUE as to what the limit is on next gen consoles (I see tutorial videos on YouTube that are just all over the map on the subject. I don't think those people have a clue either)

BTW - NONE of the video stored on my Xbox will be copyrighted (At least not to my knowledge anyways Maximum Supported Screen Resolution For Locally Stored Video (16:9 Aspect Screen Ratio) :) )

Thanks Maximum Supported Screen Resolution For Locally Stored Video (16:9 Aspect Screen Ratio) :)

:)

Pat Cook, Sep 30, 2016
  2. All games are suddenly widescreen

I am unsure what you mean by "widescreen" as all retail games--that I'm aware of--since the early 2000s have been in a 16:9 resolution because of the wide-spread adoption of televisions in that aspect ratio. 720p and 1080p both natively display at a 16:9
    aspect ratio. The only screen resolution that the Xbox 360 supports that is not at that aspect ratio is 480p which is in a 4:3 ratio.

VisageOfAnAngel, Sep 30, 2016
  3. Ariel Acu
    Ariel Acu Guest
    Streaming Xbox One on Pc

Hi ClaudioCla,

You can get a full-screen display when game streaming in the Xbox app on Windows 10 depending on your monitor resolution or aspect ratio. Can you tell us the monitor resolution or aspect ratio of your computer? To give you an idea, Xbox only supports 16:9
    aspect ratio. If your monitor screen is more than the supported aspect ratio, you won't be able to game stream in full-screen mode. It would be ideal to address this to our Xbox team by sending them a feedback regarding this concern through the
    Xbox UserVoice page. In this way, you can ask them to have an update for game streaming in full screen regardless of the monitor
    resolution used.

You may also refer to this
    link
    to know more about the monitor resolution that is supported by Xbox One.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Ariel Acu, Sep 30, 2016
  4. Red264
    Red264 Guest

The Xbox One will play a variety of videos up to 1080p, it basically has the same media player featured in Windows 10 (Windows Media Player).

If it works in that it should work on the Xbox. If your unsure just use Handbrake with high profile preset to convert your videos, if source video is 1080p that will keep it at that and do a high quality conversion, use mkv container if you want to keep
    original audio though Xbox may or may not be able to play the audio source, convert audio if it cant.

Were things get interesting is the Xbox One has an app store, so far no-one has crafted a replacement media player of worth but I do know the VLC team are working on an Xbox version. A third party media player would expand what the Xbox One could play.

Red264, Oct 3, 2016
  5. Red264 Win User

The Xbox One will play a variety of videos up to 1080p, it basically has the same media player featured in Windows 10 (Windows Media Player).

If it works in that it should work on the Xbox. If your unsure just use Handbrake with high profile preset to convert your videos, if source video is 1080p that will keep it at that and do a high quality conversion, use mkv container if you want to keep
    original audio though Xbox may or may not be able to play the audio source, convert audio if it cant.

Were things get interesting is the Xbox One has an app store, so far no-one has crafted a replacement media player of worth but I do know the VLC team are working on an Xbox version. A third party media player would expand what the Xbox One could play.
  6. VisageOfAnAngel Win User

All games are suddenly widescreen

I am unsure what you mean by "widescreen" as all retail games--that I'm aware of--since the early 2000s have been in a 16:9 resolution because of the wide-spread adoption of televisions in that aspect ratio. 720p and 1080p both natively display at a 16:9
    aspect ratio. The only screen resolution that the Xbox 360 supports that is not at that aspect ratio is 480p which is in a 4:3 ratio.
  7. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox one S won't output 1440p on 3440x1440p acer predator X34 monitor

21:9 aspect ratio
    Hi,

There is your issue. Xbox One only supports 1440P on 16:9 aspect ratios (2560x1440).

Xbox supports your vertical resolution (1440), but not your display's horizontal resolution of 3440.

I have no idea if MS will support 21:9 aspect ratio's on Xbox One in the future, although I believe Series X will.
  8. Obsessive Power Win User

How to enable 1440p on xbox series x

Hi,

It's not possible on that display. The big reason why is that it isn't a 1440P display, at least it isn't a 16:9 aspect 1440P display, it's a 21:9 Ultra-wide monitor. Xbox only supports 1440P 16:9 aspect ratio displays. These monitors have a resolution of 2560 x 1440, yours has a resolution of 3440 x 1440.

The Asus ROG PG348Q is designed more for PC gaming not console gaming. Unless Microsoft provide support for these types of monitors in the future I'm afraid you're stuck with a maximum resolution of 1080P.
  9. Hellhog Win User

Question about aspect ratio for BF3.

The HD pack is for textures. Has nothing to do with resolution of the screen and aspect ratio. Some Xbox 360 games support both 4:3 and 16:9 aspect ratios. However, some games only support 16:9 and on a 4:3 device it will letterbox to adjust to 16:9. The
    downside is you have less pixels to work with but still get the widescreen advatage (larger peripherals basically). It is up to the developers. Splinter Cell Double Agent did this as I can remember. At least it doesn't stretch and distort the image. I bought
    my TV 3+ years ago thinking it was 16:9 720p. Turns out it is 16:10 so every game stretched from 16:9 to 16:10 and distorted the image. After buying a VGA cable and setting it to 1440x900 (a 16:10 ratio), it now sets up a letterbox for me so it runs 16:9.
Thema:

1. Maximum Supported Screen Resolution For Locally Stored Video (16:9 Aspect Screen Ratio) - Similar Threads - Maximum Supported Screen

2. Will Hogwarts Legacy still have maximum performance/fidelity mode options availble if I buy...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will Hogwarts Legacy still have maximum performance/fidelity mode options availble if I buy...: The Xbox ONE version of Hogwarts Legacy is much cheaper, but if it limits the Series X's potential in any way, I won't buy it. 7f40e94d-80f8-402e-b6ac-5ebc3cf9e02c
  3. Kinect2 : Maximum number of people tracked ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect2 : Maximum number of people tracked ?: Hello, I have a question regarding the body tracking system of the Kinect2. I read somewhere that it can track up to 6 people simultaneously. But let's imagine there are more than 6 people on...
  4. Maximum Effort on Quantum Break not unlocking

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Maximum Effort on Quantum Break not unlocking: I completed Quantum Break on 6/25 … well, at least I thought I did. I was mopping up the last of the achievements, collected my last Chronon Source and upgraded the final ability that was still...
  5. Unable to purchase a Series X - You have reached the maximum quantity for this product

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to purchase a Series X - You have reached the maximum quantity for this product: Last week, I returned a Series X (certified refurbished) because it was dead on arrival. After I got the return was processed and I got the refund, I am trying to purchase again. However, I’m...
  6. Headset volume reset to maximum at every start.

in XboX Insiders
    Headset volume reset to maximum at every start.: Everytime I start up my Series X and put on my Arctis 7x Wireless, the volume-setting of the headset is reset to maximum volume. I mean the volume-setting on the XBox, under that speaker-icon you...
  7. Maximum football 2020 has frozen.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Maximum football 2020 has frozen.: just bought. Maximum football 2020 on the xbox store. It has frozen, what can I do?, c13ed62d-8199-4b8b-88e8-fd3cf4745db1
  8. What is the maximum download speed from Xbox X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What is the maximum download speed from Xbox X?: Hi all, I have a 1.000 mbit/s internet connection. All my devices at home a downloading between 750 - 1.000 mbit/s except the Xbox X. Its just 380 - 400 mbit/s if I download a game. I have tried...
  9. Xbox Series X: Maximum Capacity of External Storage for media? aka MP4

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X: Maximum Capacity of External Storage for media? aka MP4: I have an 8 TB Seagate external HD for games and a second 8 TB Seagate external HD for movies(MP4). However, the Series X (and XBox one) can only read about 2 TB of movies. The Series X will see...
  10. Maximum xbox one x internal storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    Maximum xbox one x internal storage: Hi guys, I'm looking to upgrade internal storage of my xbox one x. I know the ps4 pro supports a maximum internal storage of 4tb and I thought/assumed that the xbox one x would support a similar...