matchmaking server connection problem

Discus and support matchmaking server connection problem in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I have a problem where all diagnostics seem to work, the xbox network settings test reports open NAT and correct network bandwidth and ping.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TheAnimeDruid, Jan 3, 2016.

1. matchmaking server connection problem

Hello,

I have a problem where all diagnostics seem to work, the xbox network settings test reports open NAT and correct network bandwidth and ping. When i start a multiplayer game, however i am having problems. I get to a lobby of players and join a game, but as
    soon as it appears to swap the connection over for the actual game loading i get disconnected.

Additionally, when attempting to perform a co-op mode of the same game with one other person the game begins to act very strangely after a few minutes. Similar to a lag spike, but long and drawn out. As if the game still thinks it has a good connection,
    but the data just isn't there. This results in an crash of the game requiring the program to be quit and restarted from the dashboard for both players.

To try and diagnose if the problem was on my end i have taken the rest of my network out of line and attached the xbox directly into my modem. It still gives the same results.

What Country/State/Province do you live in: United States / New York / Albany

Modem brand & model number: **** CM820A

Router brand & model number: TPLink N600 ( dd-wrt)

How many Xbox 360 and Xbox One consoles are connected to this router?: 1

Wired or Wireless (for each console): wired

Things you have tried:

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes, port forwarding and static IP also configured. I am the only user of this network and have performed all tests with it as the only connected device.

Do you have a NAT error? No

Any Error Codes you encounter:

"connection lost you have been disconnected from the local network"

Who is your ISP? (Internet Service Provider): Time Warner cable

I have tested the connection when directly connected to my modem ( with automatic IP settings) and through my router with static IP settings and both perform the same.

But i don't know any further diagnostic routes to take to provide proof of any problems, or narrow down the issue. Any help would be appreciated. The game is Halo 5 Since this will likely be asked, but i am hoping to be able to isolate the problem with proof
    or repeatability to help in fixing this problem.

:)

TheAnimeDruid, Jan 3, 2016
  2. Battlefield 1 Loading times

I would look into that because like I added those 2 minutes it takes for me includes matchmaking and load times. If it takes longer for then it might be some issue like the one I had with BF3.

I described that issue a bit wrongly I see now because it wasn't the matchmaking that was slowed down. It was connecting to a server that was the problem because of my anti-virus software.

SilverEye1991, Jan 3, 2016
  3. anubis4567
    anubis4567 Guest
    Halo MCC Dedicated Servers?

Matchmaking is a process that puts you into a lobby with other players. This lobby can either be hosted on dedicated servers (MCC), or on a "host" connection (CoD).

anubis4567, Jan 3, 2016
  4. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest

It appears that you have both UPnP enabled as well as port forwarding setup. You don't need both and having both could cause some conflict. You should try using UPnP only and see how that works for you. Post back the results. Good Luck!

{Parity}, Jan 3, 2016
  5. Unfortunately the problem persists when i bypass my router, so i do not believe any of the router settings to be the cause.

I would suspect the modem itself but its performing correctly on all ping, trace-route, and other diagnostic tests i perform using a computer.

The game is halo 5.

TheAnimeDruid, Oct 31, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: