Massive size for game uodates like forza7 almost 100GB

Discus and support Massive size for game uodates like forza7 almost 100GB in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Why are you making game updates that are the whole game???? I have weak internet connection, I got Xbox one X and wanted to play games in amazing 4K... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Andrzej-uk, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Andrzej-uk
    Andrzej-uk Guest

Why are you making game updates that are the whole game???? I have weak internet connection, I got Xbox one X and wanted to play games in amazing 4K but instead I had to wait 2 days to download Forza 7 (almost 100GB) then few days later was update again
    almost 100GB. Why your updates are not updates? Why I need to download full game again, it is sick that when I finaly got time to play the game then I need to wait hours or days for game to download again???? And what if my internet will stop for any reason???
    Will I be able to play the game at all??? Or I spend fortune for gaming system that always beed to be connected to internet and without it is just catching dust???

:)

Andrzej-uk, Dec 16, 2018
  2. Smwutches Win User

Those are not the game updates. It sounds as if the updates are being cancelled which would also uninstall the game so you're redownloading the game and the updates.

As far as if your internet were to go down, you can find information about using the console offline here
  3. XBF Chris J Win User

Hello there,

Thank you for posting here on the Xbox forums. I would just like to say that Microsoft has nothing to do with the file size of the game updates. The only ones we are responsible for is the System updates.

Game updates are made and sent out by the developers of the game. If you would like to know more about this update, and why it is so large, you should

get in touch with the developers

Hope this helps!
  4. SigmaTheDJ Win User

Missing Storage on my Series S / Over 100GB

How are you measuring the sizes of your games?

If you go into "My games & apps" and sort by size, it will show the size of each game on its tile, but only the base game; not any DLC.

For example, I have Forza Horizon 5 with both DLC add-ons installed. If I sort by size, it shows the size as 129.1GB, but if I go into "Manage game & add-ons", it shows the size as 159.1GB as it includes the DLC. The difference can be massive, so that can easily account for 100GB of space across several games.

Once I also had an issue where I uninstalled a game, but it did not give me the free space back, so it was acting like the game was still installed, even though it no longer showed in my library. To fix that I did a factory reset, choosing the option to keep my games/apps/DLC installed, and that restored the missing space.
  5. gds1972 Win User

Download takes forever

Also don't forget the I think the game size is nearly 100GB and this will take quite a while to install.
  6. JhonSnow777 Win User

Installing games from discs

There are some games that use almost 100GB such as Red dead Redemption 2
Thema:

1. Massive size for game uodates like forza7 almost 100GB - Similar Threads - Massive size game

2. Is there a fix for my fallout 4 not importing my saved data. Any help would be massively...

in XboX Insiders
    Is there a fix for my fallout 4 not importing my saved data. Any help would be massively...: Hello, I have a lot of saved games and characters on my fallout 4, wanting to get back into it. I’ve been spending hours and hours searching online and trying to find fixes for this issue, I’ve...
  3. Massive input lag in xbox cloud gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    Massive input lag in xbox cloud gaming: I recently got a controller and decided to try out xbox cloud gaming. I fired up No Man's Sky but I got MASSIVE input lag, like, easily 15 seconds of delay. Strangely enough, I don't have this...
  4. Massive issue moving from Alpha to Alpha Skip-Ahead

in XboX Insiders
    Massive issue moving from Alpha to Alpha Skip-Ahead: I saw my BG3 saves had been deleted so decided to swap my console from Alpha to Alpha Skip-Ahead. First I got stuck in an update loop, then I tried power cycling, restarting, doing a keep my...
  5. Roblox massive fps drops

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Roblox massive fps drops: Whenever I press escape to open the ingame menu or when I send a message, I get a huge fps drop (basically a freeze) for about a second and runs fine after that again....
  6. Easy anti cheat causing system to lag/fps massive drop

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Easy anti cheat causing system to lag/fps massive drop: [img] I’m having an issue with running games with easy anti cheat. when I load into the game (Fortnite/the finals) after about 5 minutes of being loaded in wether I’m in a match or just in the...
  7. Massive MW3 Bug On my Xbox Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Massive MW3 Bug On my Xbox Series X: I had this really obnoxious BUG occur where I turned on my Xbox Series X and was forced to look at a full screen advert for Call of Duty before I could use my Xbox. Surely it had to be a BUG...
  8. Would it be possible to remaster an old Xbox game series into possibly one massive game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Would it be possible to remaster an old Xbox game series into possibly one massive game?: So I was going through old achievements to see games I’ve played before and came across a series that did well for its time and though it could deserve at least a chance for a remastered version...
  9. [Halo MCC] Massive Massive Lag on Co-Op.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    [Halo MCC] Massive Massive Lag on Co-Op.: Microsoft, Seriously, is this what you call acceptable gameplay? Co-op on Halo ODST lags like nobody's business. I as host suffer from massive massive massive lag while the other player suffer...
  10. Where can I request a feature? USB audio would be a massive addition!

in XboX Insiders
    Where can I request a feature? USB audio would be a massive addition!: Not that it'll be chosen or added, I still want to mention it as often as possible! I NEED USB AUDIO! PS5's got it and I'm sick of having to use an HDMI audio extractor to use my Schitt stack and...