Mass Effect 2 Unplayable Through EA Play

Discus and support Mass Effect 2 Unplayable Through EA Play in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I cannot play Mass Effect 2 through EA Play because I keep getting a pop up saying I have been signed out of Xbox Live and the game needs to reboot. I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by dragonlady1005, Dec 8, 2020.

1. Mass Effect 2 Unplayable Through EA Play

I cannot play Mass Effect 2 through EA Play because I keep getting a pop up saying I have been signed out of Xbox Live and the game needs to reboot. I tested all of my connections and they are stable but I still cannot get past the first cutscene without
    being booted out. I tried putting in my disc and got an error "Communication with the Mass Effect 2 server was interrupted or has timed out. Please try again later." Then during the opening cutscene, I get a pop-up that reads "A sign-in change occurred. Sign
    out of your gamer profile to continue." I have tried rebooting my console, signing out and back in, disc or no disc. I just want to play the game and finish the EA Play goals in Microsoft rewards.

:)

dragonlady1005, Dec 8, 2020
  2. XBF Zineb F Win User

Hello there @dragonlady1005, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support. I am sorry to know about the game situation, but I want you not to worry about it because I al here to help you out! I believe your console might need either a network reset or just a system refresh. I
    would like you to go through the following steps to clear your Mac address and perform a quick power cycle:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

If even after going through the previous troubleshooting steps the same situation is recurring, I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 2 to 3 minutes, re-plug them back again, then
    restart your console.

Another thing you should check is your NAT type. I would like you to check your NAT type if open because that could sometimes interfere. to check for the NAT type you can follow the steps below:

Settings > Network Settings > NAT type => It should be open.

If the NAT type is not open, you will need to open some ports with your internet provider. These ports must be open for Xbox Live to work: Port 88 (UDP) Port 3074 (UDP and TCP) Port 53 (UDP and TCP) Port 80 (TCP) Port 500 (UDP)
    Port 3544 (UDP) Port 4500 (UDP).

I will provide you with the official link to all the troubleshooting steps that can help sort this out for you. Please consider checking the link below, and I hope this helps you out.

The link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/games-apps/troubleshooting/game-issues-solution

Here is another link that provides disk game related issues: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/games-apps/troubleshooting/game-issues-solution/disc-games

In case the issue still persists, the next step would be to perform a reset on the console. To do so you will need to follow the steps below to perform a reset on the Xbox :

Settings > System > Console Info > Reset This Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you
    to sign in to the account.

Kind Regards
    Stay safe, and happy gaming!
  3. RsisRsis Win User

Where do I put the cerberus code?

I'm pretty sure that code works through EA's Mass Effect website. Register and go from there. I had to do this with Dragon Age I believe. www.ea.com/mass-effect-2
  4. MaximumFusion Win User

Game pass

I own Mass Effect 2 & 3, and I don't have to buy ea to play, because I own it. If I'm getting game pass it's not to play Mass Effect same with EA. I wouldn't get a book through Kindle to read a book I own but if I wanted to read that same book I would
    get charged.
  5. U Seiki Win User

Backward Compatibility of Xbox One X about Xbox 360 game "Mass Effect 2"

I could install "Mass Effect 2" on my Xbox One X console by "EA Access" subscription! Moreover, it is possible to play in Japanese.

But I couldn't install "Mass Effect 2" JP version that I had bought before in Microsoft Store.

Therefore, I will have to continue "EA Access" subscription if I would want to play "Mass Effect 2" on my Xbox One X console in the future. Although it is only JPY 3000 per year...
  6. afifthofjack Win User

mass effect 1 to mass effect 2

I would say play the first game and the games corsponding with it before playing the last game in the franchise. This will let you completely experience the Mass Effect world how it should be, not through other aves. Sure you could play Mass Effect with
    the comic book style then go into Mass Effect 2, but I really think your not giving your self the just of the experience through the Mass Effect World. I surgest to everyone that asks me to play through the first game the import that character into Mass Effect
    2, and ultimately into Mass Effect 3 that way you get the full experience of the game
Thema:

1. Mass Effect 2 Unplayable Through EA Play - Similar Threads - Mass Effect Unplayable

2. I am playing Mass Effect Legendary edition on Xbox One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am playing Mass Effect Legendary edition on Xbox One X: Hey all why does my sound for ME1 keeping cutting in and out and i have tried to play with favor framerate and have also tried favor graphics but both options have resulted in sound cutting out...
  3. Can't download Mass Effect Legendary Edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't download Mass Effect Legendary Edition: Hi all, I need assistance installing the Mass Effect Legendary Edition. I have Ultimate Game Pass, and EA app installed. But when I open the EA app and navigate to the ME Legendary Edition, the...
  4. WHAT IS GOING ON?! Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    WHAT IS GOING ON?! Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer: I just paid for an ultimate game pass and I keep getting “An XBOX Live privilege limitation prevents you from accessing this feature.” In case you’re wondering, I’ve checked my parental control...
  5. Mass Effect LE achievements still not unlocking

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mass Effect LE achievements still not unlocking: I have followed all the steps on the support page and Mass Effect LE refuses to give me credit for my hard work. For example. I have recruited Mordin and have his Loyalty but according to my...
  6. Mass Effect Andromeda glitch?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mass Effect Andromeda glitch?: A level I’m playing won’t let me open a door 4b5f2e48-68a0-4ffe-a795-40635c39a173
  7. Why isn't Mass Effect LE on "Play Anywhere"

in XboX Insiders
    Why isn't Mass Effect LE on "Play Anywhere": Title says it all. Its been 2 years. submitted by /u/RedditGojiraX [link] [comments]
  8. Mass Effect 3 wont connect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mass Effect 3 wont connect: Hi. I have game pass which i use on two different consoles which my son and me play. All our games work fine on 2 player(except Fortnite actually) We were loving 2 player mass effect 3 until and...
  9. Mass Effect Legendary Edition - Achievements not unlocking

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mass Effect Legendary Edition - Achievements not unlocking: I got all the achievements in MF2 with the exception of Tactics (it's killing me), the achievement also doesn't count in the game despite the fact that the condition is met 20/20. I tried to start...
  10. Mass Effect Trilogy error code 0x80070032.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mass Effect Trilogy error code 0x80070032.: I have the Mass Effect Trilogy which was released on the xbox 360. I know these are backwards compatible as I previously had them installed on my xbox one. Im now trying to install them on my...