March Update: Home button sucks

Discus and support March Update: Home button sucks in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Is it just me? The march/spring updated the home button function to open a disappointing task bar on the left side of the screen. I appreciate the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JewRamboWender, Mar 31, 2017.

1. March Update: Home button sucks

Is it just me? The march/spring updated the home button function to open a disappointing task bar on the left side of the screen. I appreciate the availability of recent apps, however I absolutely despise that I have now lost the satisfyingly brisk availability
    of the home screen. You now need to press the home button, scroll to the home tab on the task bar, and finally return to your sadly bland home screen that lacks the satisfying image of your game that's you just exited (which is another complaint of mine).
    If the Xbox-update team could provide an option to toggle the new and old setting, I am sure there would be a large portion of loyal players that would be ever grateful.

:)

JewRamboWender, Mar 31, 2017
  2. Home-Button Bug - March Update

Hey PKlempe! Yapper is 100% correct that you will want to post up in the
    Update Preview Forums for these types of situations. The preview team will be able to look into the situation from there. Thanks for understanding! March Update: Home button sucks :)

Misses Quinzel, Mar 31, 2017
  3. PKlempe
    PKlempe Guest
    Home-Button Bug - March Update

Hello guys.

Today I got the March update and now I have a really annoying problem. Every time I press and hold the home button on my controller my Xbox opens the "My games and apps" app instead of asking me if I want to turn off the controller or the Xbox. I can't even
    report this bug over the console because for that I have to press and hold the home button and then select the "Report a bug" tile. That's not possible anymore '^^

PKlempe, Mar 31, 2017
  4. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest

I didn't like it at first, but it's been 2 months or so of using it so I'm starting to get used to it.

brandiesel1, Mar 31, 2017
  5. BigB EC
    BigB EC Guest
    Same here but it only took a day or two to get used to the change.

BigB EC, Mar 31, 2017
  6. Rayvenblood
    Rayvenblood Guest
    I dont want to get used to a dashboard system that is a pile of garbage, way worse than the previous.

Dont fix what isnt broken. The old dash had nothing wrong with it other than some performance hiccups now and then. Easy and intuitive, quick to get around.

This one is clunky slow and broken. Bring back the old.

Rayvenblood, Apr 1, 2017
  7. One wonder what the preview program folks do - how did they not stop this strange gui additions in three months of testing.

Is preview just for show - and MS do whatever they feel anyway?

No feedback from gamers in preview other than bugs?

At least allowing changes to be setable and customized fully.

The only good change was that returning for like Games & Apps you come back to what you started from, not always an active app that has to be quit.

They also shortened response on xbox-button, and holding and shutting console down - not bad in itself.

But my expectations for Scorpio are as low as they can get. To watch what is happening to X1 makes me sad....

BookishFlunky90, Apr 1, 2017
  8. March Update: Home button sucks

It's not just you, I hate it as well. There should be an option to change it back. It takes too many steps to get home when it used to take just one. And yeah, what happened to the background image? Did nobody bring this up during testing or did MS just
    ignore them?

cancerboy1998, Apr 2, 2017
  9. JohnGrundler
    JohnGrundler Guest
    No it's not just you. I hate the new Dash board.

JohnGrundler, Oct 31, 2018
  10. JohnGrundler Win User

No it's not just you. I hate the new Dash board.
  11. BigB EC Win User

I didn't like it at first, but it's been 2 months or so of using it so I'm starting to get used to it.
    Same here but it only took a day or two to get used to the change.
  12. BookishFlunky90 Win User

One wonder what the preview program folks do - how did they not stop this strange gui additions in three months of testing.

Is preview just for show - and MS do whatever they feel anyway?

No feedback from gamers in preview other than bugs?

At least allowing changes to be setable and customized fully.

The only good change was that returning for like Games & Apps you come back to what you started from, not always an active app that has to be quit.

They also shortened response on xbox-button, and holding and shutting console down - not bad in itself.

But my expectations for Scorpio are as low as they can get. To watch what is happening to X1 makes me sad....
  13. Rayvenblood Win User

I dont want to get used to a dashboard system that is a pile of garbage, way worse than the previous.

Dont fix what isnt broken. The old dash had nothing wrong with it other than some performance hiccups now and then. Easy and intuitive, quick to get around.

This one is clunky slow and broken. Bring back the old.
  14. brandiesel1 Win User

Thema:

1. March Update: Home button sucks - Similar Threads - March Update Home

2. Community Update March April 2024 - Seeking Updates of the Morning

in XboX Insiders
    Community Update March April 2024 - Seeking Updates of the Morning: [IMG] submitted by /u/wynnXIP [link] [comments]
  3. Cannot log into any account on XBox Series S after system update March 2024

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot log into any account on XBox Series S after system update March 2024: Last week (around March 19th) when I turned on my XBox, I had a message that I needed to perform a system update. I performed that without issue. Since then, however, no account can log in. I just...
  4. Xbox Requests: Week of March 29th, 2024

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Requests: Week of March 29th, 2024: Xbox Requests: Capturing all your ideas, across all of Xbox, every week! From PC gaming to Xbox consoles, and everything in between, if you have an idea or feature request that you want to share...
  5. Xbox Requests: Week of March 22nd, 2024

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Requests: Week of March 22nd, 2024: Xbox Requests: Capturing all your ideas, across all of Xbox, every week! From PC gaming to Xbox consoles, and everything in between, if you have an idea or feature request that you want to share...
  6. Xbox Requests: Week of March 15th, 2024

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Requests: Week of March 15th, 2024: Xbox Requests: Capturing all your ideas, across all of Xbox, every week! From PC gaming to Xbox consoles, and everything in between, if you have an idea or feature request that you want to share...
  7. Xbox Requests: Week of March 8th, 2024

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Requests: Week of March 8th, 2024: Xbox Requests: Capturing all your ideas, across all of Xbox, every week! From PC gaming to Xbox consoles, and everything in between, if you have an idea or feature request that you want to share...
  8. Community Update March 2024 - Challenging Depths

in XboX Insiders
    Community Update March 2024 - Challenging Depths: [IMG] submitted by /u/wynnXIP [link] [comments]
  9. Xbox Requests: Week of March 1st, 2024

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Requests: Week of March 1st, 2024: Xbox Requests: Capturing all your ideas, across all of Xbox, every week! From PC gaming to Xbox consoles, and everything in between, if you have an idea or feature request that you want to share...
  10. Cannot load "March of Empires: War of Lords" after windows update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot load "March of Empires: War of Lords" after windows update: Cannot load "March of Empires: War of Lords" after windows update App/game loads to 37% then reports error msg: ga.lgn.2501.401 googling this error msg brings up many other similar reports...