Map interaction on Microsoft Edge - Xbox Series S

Discus and support Map interaction on Microsoft Edge - Xbox Series S in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi, I have recently been using Microsoft edge on Xbox with a keyboard and mouse. I have noticed that when navigating on a map (flightradar24, Hilton,... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Carson Keith, Aug 26, 2022.

1. Carson Keith
    Carson Keith Guest

Hi, I have recently been using Microsoft edge on Xbox with a keyboard and mouse. I have noticed that when navigating on a map (flightradar24, Hilton, google) that has things to click on the map, the curser will just be invisible on the map area. The cursor will become visible if I hover over a clickable area on the map or move the mouse to the tabs at the top, but otherwise would be completely invisible. It still functions; I can still scroll the map and zoom, but not being able to see the actual cursor makes it difficult to click on different things.

This was kind of difficult to explain, so if you maybe need a more clear explanation, just ask, but otherwise I would like to know if there is a fix to this, or some type of setting that I need to change.

Thanks,

Carson

:)

Carson Keith, Aug 26, 2022
  2. RainingRoses Win User

Hello,

Just to let you know, I’ve merged your other thread with this one so all your feedback can be in one conversation. You should receive an email notification confirming this.

If you have any additional questions or feedback, feel welcome to ask here anytime :)
  3. Carson Keith Win User

* Merged

I use Microsoft edge on Xbox quite a bit and would like to be able to turn off the on-screen keyboard when typing. I use a mouse and keyboard, so I don't

need the on-screen one. As of right now, I can't find a way to turn it off, I just see an option to change the size of the on-screen keyboard, but not turn it off.

I do have the latest Xbox and Edge version.

Here is a screenshot:
    [​IMG]
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Yes, in that case probably it's a bug

And don't worry, tell me!
    If I know the answer I'm going to share it with you
  5. Carson Keith Win User

I tried the issues, but unfortunately, the problem still exists, like you said, probably a bug. If you don't mind, I have some other questions about some things that I would like to change about Edge on Xbox.
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Thanks for the update!

Could be a bug, just to cover everything from your side please try this:

A. Power cycle your console:

1. Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.

2. Unplug the console's power cable from the console and from the power outlet. Wait 5 minutes.

Important: Be sure to wait at least 5 minutes. This step resets the power supply.

3. Plug the console power cable back in.

4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.

B. Factory reset your console but keeping games and apps:

Go to Settings > System > Console info > reset and then select keep my games and apps.

If the issue persists, please report this problem to the Xbox team:

https://support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/m...

Hopefully it will be fixed with a new update
Thema:

1. Map interaction on Microsoft Edge - Xbox Series S - Similar Threads - Map interaction Microsoft

2. The A button on my XBOX controller got mapped to the pause button on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    The A button on my XBOX controller got mapped to the pause button on PC: I have been using my xbox controller on my pc with 0 problems for the past 2-3 years, and out of no where my A button got mapped to the pause button. For example I play rocket league, and when I...
  3. Rocket League workshop maps on Xbox consoles

in XboX Insiders
    Rocket League workshop maps on Xbox consoles: I want to play workshop maps on Rocket League. However, that feature isn’t available on Xbox. I was wondering if you guys at Xbox can work with Psyonix (the creators/developers of Rocket League)...
  4. changing the wheel or button mapping

in XBoX on Consoles
    changing the wheel or button mapping: I am having issues with my stealth 700 gen 2 headset I can get it to synce fine to both the my series x and my phone but I can not control any volume or 230c3222-84a1-4134-bd89-e766cd4425c2
  5. When is Microsoft going to expand button mapping for 3rd party controllers for Xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    When is Microsoft going to expand button mapping for 3rd party controllers for Xbox: Email from Fanatec: Thanks for reaching out to us. Functionality on Xbox consoles is limited by the Xbox OS. Our Xbox-licensed Steering Wheels have almost the same number of usable inputs as the...
  6. I can no longer edit my forge map in halo infinite

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can no longer edit my forge map in halo infinite: In halo infinite forge i was just minding my own business when suddenly i was booted off the map i was making. I tried loading back in but it sayed it was copy protected even though i was the one...
  7. Free-map mode: when all buttons are digital

in XBoX Accessibility
    Free-map mode: when all buttons are digital: First of all I'd like to say the Xbox Adaptive app is really good with accepting digital buttons in analog ports like left trigger and right trigger. Basically the idea is that if you plug a...
  8. Game maps not switching back with profile change

in XBoX Accessibility
    Game maps not switching back with profile change: I have an xbox series x, and my gf has the series s. I recently logged her into my console to play her Way of the Hunter game, and when I signed her out, and myself back in, the game stays on her...
  9. I have recently purchased the season pass for black ops 3, I received all of the dlc maps,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have recently purchased the season pass for black ops 3, I received all of the dlc maps,...: Black ops 3 DLC (in game currency) not working 75180ef1-46d7-4b23-bdea-74e77bcffafb
  10. I can't download my friend's map resource packs

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't download my friend's map resource packs: When I go to enter my friend's world, I need to download the addons, because we love playing with addons, but when I go to download, the download bar stops at a specific moment, like: 38.9/42.8...