Making a new minecraft account using my old unmigrated account name

Discus and support Making a new minecraft account using my old unmigrated account name in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi! For the past 4 years ive been studying at school and university and have not really played minecraft. I did not know about this migration and... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Charlotte Whyte, Dec 19, 2023.

1. Making a new minecraft account using my old unmigrated account name

Hi!

For the past 4 years ive been studying at school and university and have not really played minecraft. I did not know about this migration and unfortunately have missed the date.

Ive had this account since i was 9 years old, in 2012, and now i just turned 21. I understand the migration problems and that the deadline is over, but is there any chance i can get my old gamertag back ?

im happy to buy a new account but this account name means so much to me and the people ive met and memories ive had. It wont fix the fact that ive lost my account forever, but it will give me a sense of relief.

The IGN is Chaarlotte.

:)

Charlotte Whyte, Dec 19, 2023
  2. Yanyannnn Win User

Hello Charlotte Whyte,

Thank you for your contribution to the Microsoft community.

I understand how important your old gamertag is to you. Unfortunately, since the migration deadline has passed, it is not possible to migrate your old account to a new one. However, you can create a new Minecraft account using your old gamertag "Chaarlotte" if it is available. You can check the availability of the gamertag by visiting the Minecraft website Welcome to the Minecraft Official Site | Minecraft and creating a new account.

Hope I helped! Please do not hesitate to ask if you have further concerns.

YanYannn
    Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Nkosana23 Win User

Help with my main account back for minecraft :(

Hi. My name is Brilliant and I am happy to assist you today.

All Minecraft accounts were meant to be migrated to Microsoft. This was done by the users themselves. The last call for migration was September 19th, 2023. Once the deadline for migration is reached, players will no longer be able to access unmigrated accounts. All unmigrated accounts will be deleted at a future date.
  4. kyle_m4496 Win User

I would like to change my Minecraft username from "Liscio" to "Bishop", which is already an account, but unmigrated, which makes it unusable. Is this possible?

Hi Liscio. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

All unmigrated accounts will be deleted at a future date, at this time Mojang has not confirmed when this date is or when the usernames associated with those accounts will be made available. Keep a look out on the Minecraft website for any news.

Thanks,
    Kyle
  5. Nkosana23 Win User

I Can't play minecraft anymore.

Hi. My name is Brilliant, an independent advisor, happy to assist you today.

If you did not migrate you account, it then may have been deleted. Minecraft accounts were migrated. The last call for migration was September 19th, 2023. Once the deadline for migration was reached, players are no longer able to access unmigrated accounts. All unmigrated accounts will be deleted at a future date.

I hope this helps resolve your query.
  6. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Minecraft account recovery after microsoft migration

Hi there! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your Minecraft account.

Unfortunately, it is no longer possible to reinstate the account according to the official Minecraft website: https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/article/account-migration-last-call

"On Sep 19, 2023, the migration of Mojang accounts has now been completed. It is no longer possible to migrate unmigrated accounts or make the move.

Unmigrated Mojang accounts will not be able to sign in to Minecraft.net or the Minecraft Launcher to migrate. In addition, starting September 19, 2023, Minecraft Support will no longer be able to assist in any MSA migration-related tickets."

Also according to the Post-Migration Process FAQ article: https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/19615552270221

"As of December 18, 2023, the post-migration process for Mojang accounts has officially ended. If you successfully completed the post-migration process, you should now have access to both Java and Bedrock editions.

As the migration period has concluded, Minecraft Support will no longer assist with migration-related queries. Visit this link to learn about making a new Microsoft account."

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
Thema:

1. Making a new minecraft account using my old unmigrated account name - Similar Threads - Making minecraft account

2. Minecraft Launcher is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in...

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Launcher is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in...: i cant download minecraft can you help my pls e9460034-a365-4c2d-86ae-1648bc3ded80
  3. Why is minecraft making me pay for items I already owned after signing into my account?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is minecraft making me pay for items I already owned after signing into my account?: I changed the password to my Microsoft account, and signed into minecraft. After signing in I wanted to recreate my character. But I lost all my accessories and need to pay for it again. But if I...
  4. When I tried to play minecraft I was forced to make a new account and can't login to my old one

in XBoX Accessibility
    When I tried to play minecraft I was forced to make a new account and can't login to my old one: So I wanted to play minecraft and I tried to login to my account like I always did and instead of logging me into my account it forced me to make a new one. Now every time I try to login, it puts...
  5. My Minecraft Java account is gone after making a refund for another account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Minecraft Java account is gone after making a refund for another account.: I had a Minecraft java (mojang) account before the migration, then I bought another minecraft java account on the same email before migrating, then there was a refund on the newly bought account....
  6. The “let’s go” button doesn’t work when I try and make an account to login on minecraft on ps4

in XBoX Accessibility
    The “let’s go” button doesn’t work when I try and make an account to login on minecraft on ps4: Whenever I go to click the “let’s go” button on Xbox sign in it never works. b02da0b4-b022-4d68-be79-e66e9ece2e14
  7. why when i tried to sign into my minecraft account it made me make a new xbox account even...

in XBoX Accessibility
    why when i tried to sign into my minecraft account it made me make a new xbox account even...: So, I had downloaded curseforge and got up to the bit where i had to sign in on the minecraft launcher i again. I actually forgot the email & password but i got it back from my brother. So i...
  8. Had a mojang account on an email, same email was used to make a microsoft minecraft account...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Had a mojang account on an email, same email was used to make a microsoft minecraft account...: I have an account that was made under an email years ago that i still have access to. A relative used that email to create their minecraft account after the migration thing was a requirement and i...
  9. why when i tried to sign into my minecraft account it made me make a new xbox account even...

in XBoX Accessibility
    why when i tried to sign into my minecraft account it made me make a new xbox account even...: when i tried to sign into my minecraft account it forced me to make a new account and now i cant access my old one which had all my stuff 22498f7b-5033-4d9f-9165-657a236bde19
  10. When I open up Minecraft PS5, it makes me sign in with my microsoft account EVERY SINGLE...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When I open up Minecraft PS5, it makes me sign in with my microsoft account EVERY SINGLE...: PLease help, I am on PS5, game fully updated, console updated, have redowloaded the app, have clear app data, nothing works and it's VERY frustrating. It makes me do remote connect every time i...