Major mute issue (no adapter/without adapter) No game chat volume, no game volume, no console ...

Discus and support Major mute issue (no adapter/without adapter) No game chat volume, no game volume, no console ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Xbox one is stuck on mute. I'm using the Recon 50x turtle beach headset with a 3.5 mm jack controller no adapter needed. I thought it was the headset I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by HeartBrkr64, Apr 24, 2017.

1. HeartBrkr64
    HeartBrkr64 Guest

Major mute issue (no adapter/without adapter) No game chat volume, no game volume, no console ...

Xbox one is stuck on mute. I'm using the Recon 50x turtle beach headset with a 3.5 mm jack controller no adapter needed. I thought it was the headset I returned it to gamestop in exchange for another one. Still having the same issue. Can only hear volume through
    the tv. It won't play through any headset. Will be trying another controller to rule that out. I did notice that I didn't have this issue until after a controller upgrade. Console was upgraded on the 19th. Will be trying a factory reset as well. I'm getting
    an icon next to the battery indicating no mic rather I have the headphones plugged in or not.

Sub issues

Headset mixer will not show, error message when in party chat reads "We can't find mics for these people." No game chat volume, no game volume, no console sounds, and no party chat through headset.

:)

HeartBrkr64, Apr 24, 2017
  2. L0DBERG
    L0DBERG Guest
    Does the DSS2 Sound Processor work on xbox one?

On the adapter you can turn the game sound volume down to 0 and only get chat sound. So no problem Major mute issue (no adapter/without adapter) No game chat volume, no game volume, no console ... :)

L0DBERG, Apr 24, 2017
  3. xbox chat headset won't produce game or dashboard volume

Hello, so I bought a xbox one chat headset and it's not producing any game volume. chat mixer is set as 50/50 in settings did every reboot I was told to do etc.

the headset came with a built in adapter that only has the mute/+/-volume options, it lacks the chat/game mixer volume buttons typically located on the left of the adapter.

my controller still works fine on the other adapter, issue seems local to the headset, but because it does incoming/outgoing part chat volume no problem the headset is clearly working.

it there anyway you can remotely play with the chat mixer on the headset so I can actually use it?

TheGodAmongMen, Apr 24, 2017
  4. Major mute issue (no adapter/without adapter) No game chat volume, no game volume, no console ...

Hey there, HeartBrkr!

It does sound like it might be the controller. If the new controller doesn't work, then try the factory reset after that.

Sounds like you've got it all in order, but do let me know how it works out! I'm happy to help where I can. Major mute issue (no adapter/without adapter) No game chat volume, no game volume, no console ... :)

--------------------------------------

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox Insider
    Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting.

Misses Quinzel, Apr 25, 2017
  5. Costa Apostolou Win User

Chat won't go through headset

Press and hold the chat button on the adapter, this is the audio balance for the chat and game and if the game button is on full the chat will mute. The volume on the right side of the adapter is the overall volume. This may be your issue, it may not.
  6. Misses Quinzel Win User

Major mute issue (no adapter/without adapter) No game chat volume, no game volume, no console sounds

Hey there, HeartBrkr!

It does sound like it might be the controller. If the new controller doesn't work, then try the factory reset after that.

Sounds like you've got it all in order, but do let me know how it works out! I'm happy to help where I can. :)

--------------------------------------

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox Insider
    Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting.
  7. IIIIGAZMANIIII Win User

Xbox Party Chat

Did you try turning up the chat volume, its the button on the bottom left of the headset adapter.

Hold down the bottom left button on the adapter until it starts to beep and try again to chat then you need to adjust the game volume button (Top Left) until you get a good mix of Game and Chat volume that works for you, the buttons on the right are the
    overall volume up and down, and obviously the middle button is the mute.
  8. UndrCoverJameSy Win User

XBOX One Chat Adapter & Turtle Beach Issue

Hey everyone, I to am have the echoing of other people in my party. Called support they had no answer for me then I started thinking about it and think I have an answer. I have the x42s and on the talk back cable is a volume and mute but also on the adapter
    its self so I found an old cell phone ear bud with no volume or mute, i plugged it in and had no issues with echo. So what I think is happening is that the mute/volume on the talk back cable its self has something to do with the echoing from the other people
    in the party. Tomorrow im going to go pick up a cord that's 2.5mm to 2.5mm with no mute/chat volume to hook up to the adapter from my x42s and hopefully that takes care of the problem because I'll be using the adapter for the mute/chat volume instead of both
    the adapter and talk back cable. Hope this help everyone and if it does pass it on. Thanks
  9. theREALdark1 Win User

Xbox One Headset Adapter - How do you turn game and chat volumes down individually??

While looking at the Microsoft chat adapter you will see five buttons from the left to the right. Game Volume button, Chat Volume button, Mute button, Volume up button and Volume down button. Pressing the button with the little controller symbol will let
    you control the game sound volume. The button with the little person symbol will let you control the chat volume. To turn the chat or game sound up or down press the corresponding button and then use the volume up/down to tune the sound to your liking.
Thema:

1. Major mute issue (no adapter/without adapter) No game chat volume, no game volume, no console ... - Similar Threads - Major mute issue

2. Beta ring update May 30th, 2024 major issue. Stuck on syncing data, network stats show 100%...

in XboX Insiders
    Beta ring update May 30th, 2024 major issue. Stuck on syncing data, network stats show 100%...: Pretty sure this is related to the network 'fix' in the update I received yesterday in the beta ring for something about network issues after appearing offline... Wired or wifi to same home...
  3. My two controllers have major stick drift

in XBoX on Consoles
    My two controllers have major stick drift: Hi, I have two xbox series x controllers one original and second hand. I have used both of them for a good period of time and now the stick drift has gotten way worse. both controllers are not in...
  4. Microsoft support broken for all users major problem

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft support broken for all users major problem: Hi everyone am I going mad or is all support options gone completely been a customer for over 10+ years never seen this kind of service can't get my money back for broken content options there for...
  5. Once again a major screwup by Microsoft

in XBoX Accessibility
    Once again a major screwup by Microsoft: Whatever system y’all have in place to ban people for gamerpics is ridiculous. This is the 4th time I’ve gotten one of these 2 day bans for a gamer pic that doesn’t go against any guidelines. You...
  6. Can't play the game (major bug) why does it do this, i have done everything it says to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't play the game (major bug) why does it do this, i have done everything it says to...: It doesn't let me play the game because when I type in my username to play the game, it shows an error: "Failed to create profile. Make sure you are signed in to the Microsoft Store with the same...
  7. Why is major nelson on my friend list? And am i able to chat with him? And how should i...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is major nelson on my friend list? And am i able to chat with him? And how should i...: I know he is a god in xbox thats the reason iam asking this Does it mean iam lucky? f0efcd5e-4e08-42aa-8589-3e542270e371
  8. Having a major issue with my xbox, why is it when i put my password in it comes up with a...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Having a major issue with my xbox, why is it when i put my password in it comes up with a...: Ok so been having issues where i access the store or something password related. When i hit enter on said password it comes up with a grey screen and once i press back it says its having osshes...
  9. Hello, I have major issues with my Xbox One S.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello, I have major issues with my Xbox One S.: Hello, as of a few months ago my Xbox One S has had multiple major issues that have rendered it nigh unusable. These issues range from small but annoying issues such as taking long to boot up,...
  10. Once again a major screwup by Microsoft

in XBoX Accessibility
    Once again a major screwup by Microsoft: Whatever system y’all have in place to ban people for gamerpics is ridiculous. This is the 4th time I’ve gotten one of these 2 day bans for a gamer pic that doesn’t go against any guidelines. You...