major frame drops in game with xbox pc games

Discus and support major frame drops in game with xbox pc games in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi I am trying to play destiny 2 on pc from the microsoft store. I have it on steam and it works fine, but when I run the microsoft version, when ever... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TiMacmillan, Mar 26, 2022.

1. TiMacmillan
    TiMacmillan Guest

Hi I am trying to play destiny 2 on pc from the microsoft store. I have it on steam and it works fine, but when I run the microsoft version, when ever i use my mouse or press a key in game my frames from to 15-20. I have a rtx 3080ti and all drivers are up to date. If i use a controller the frames are fine. what could be a fix for this. I have experienced this with a few other games also

:)

TiMacmillan, Mar 26, 2022
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi TiMacmillan! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

It sounds like the issue it's with the Mouse and Keyboard, it could be due to software incompatibility if you have RGB devices you should try disabling all that software

Also if you start playing with the controller and then switch to play with the mouse it could happen as it updates the input method
  3. TangentialShark Win User

Framerate drops on my games?

Actually frame rate drops are frequent in many games. This morning I was playing L4D2 and the frame rate drops when the horde of infected come running in my tv screen. In Halo Wars the frame rate drops when there are too many units on screen at the same
    time. Frame rate drops are a common occurrence on many games, it is not a fault with the games but instead a limitation on the xbox 360 hardware.
  4. Omar the Gamer2 Win User

Fellow gamers, how would you rate your overall experience with your Xbox?

zit's been a great and unique experience. However, I've lately been thinking of gaming on a pc since the frame drop on my Xbox happens quite frequently.
  5. Nielo TM Win User

Screen Tearing?

Enabling fixed V-Sync is not always ideal. For an example if you play a game synced to 60Hz and the frame rate drops below 60fps, the game is automatically re-synced to 30fps. If it drops again (below 30fps), it is re-synced to 15fps and if the same happens
    again, frames are dropped (meaning it won't be send to the screen). So to provide somewhat stable rate of motion , developers disable V-Sync, which means the majority of frames rendered by the console are send to the screen. But that leads to two different
    types of problems. 1. Unstable motion and 2, tearing. This is because it's not possible to fit number other than 30 and 15 into 60. So some developers program the game to drop frames while maintaining somewhat stable motion (or repeat the frame 2-3 times).
    End result: Clean frames but the motion isn't consistent, which is ok for certain games but not for all games. The other option is to merge two frames into one, this leads to tearing (as you're clearly witnessing atm). This provide consistent motion at the
    cost of visual quality. Certain developers isolate tearing near the top (HALO 3, ODST and Reach all programmed to tear at the top) but not developers have managed to achieve this. If you're playing it on the PC, you can modify the files or force the GPU to
    enable V-Sync, but on console, there's no such option.
  6. Very Fat Santa8 Win User

Forza Street has problems.

can you please clarify what the issue is.

if you are on PC and playing on a high graphical setting that your PC cannot handle it can make the games frames drop a lot
Thema:

1. major frame drops in game with xbox pc games - Similar Threads - major frame drops

2. Beta ring update May 30th, 2024 major issue. Stuck on syncing data, network stats show 100%...

in XboX Insiders
    Beta ring update May 30th, 2024 major issue. Stuck on syncing data, network stats show 100%...: Pretty sure this is related to the network 'fix' in the update I received yesterday in the beta ring for something about network issues after appearing offline... Wired or wifi to same home...
  3. My two controllers have major stick drift

in XBoX on Consoles
    My two controllers have major stick drift: Hi, I have two xbox series x controllers one original and second hand. I have used both of them for a good period of time and now the stick drift has gotten way worse. both controllers are not in...
  4. Microsoft support broken for all users major problem

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft support broken for all users major problem: Hi everyone am I going mad or is all support options gone completely been a customer for over 10+ years never seen this kind of service can't get my money back for broken content options there for...
  5. Once again a major screwup by Microsoft

in XBoX Accessibility
    Once again a major screwup by Microsoft: Whatever system y’all have in place to ban people for gamerpics is ridiculous. This is the 4th time I’ve gotten one of these 2 day bans for a gamer pic that doesn’t go against any guidelines. You...
  6. Can't play the game (major bug) why does it do this, i have done everything it says to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't play the game (major bug) why does it do this, i have done everything it says to...: It doesn't let me play the game because when I type in my username to play the game, it shows an error: "Failed to create profile. Make sure you are signed in to the Microsoft Store with the same...
  7. Why is major nelson on my friend list? And am i able to chat with him? And how should i...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is major nelson on my friend list? And am i able to chat with him? And how should i...: I know he is a god in xbox thats the reason iam asking this Does it mean iam lucky? f0efcd5e-4e08-42aa-8589-3e542270e371
  8. Having a major issue with my xbox, why is it when i put my password in it comes up with a...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Having a major issue with my xbox, why is it when i put my password in it comes up with a...: Ok so been having issues where i access the store or something password related. When i hit enter on said password it comes up with a grey screen and once i press back it says its having osshes...
  9. Hello, I have major issues with my Xbox One S.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello, I have major issues with my Xbox One S.: Hello, as of a few months ago my Xbox One S has had multiple major issues that have rendered it nigh unusable. These issues range from small but annoying issues such as taking long to boot up,...
  10. Major frame rate issues when playing Left 4 Dead 2 on the new XB1"S"!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Major frame rate issues when playing Left 4 Dead 2 on the new XB1"S"!!: I just got a new XB1S system and when trying to play Left 4 Dead 2 the frame rate drops to unplayable levels! There are rare occasions when the game will run smoothly, but 90% of the time the...