MacBox doesn't work (latency)

Discus and support MacBox doesn't work (latency) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Great news aleksander! When you test your console for basic IP connectivity (Round-Trip Time), it doesn't make a server selection based on the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MartineS(2), Mar 19, 2014.

  1. taidara
    taidara Guest

    MacBox doesn't work (latency)


    Great news aleksander!

    When you test your console for basic IP connectivity (Round-Trip Time), it doesn't make a server selection based on the shortest RTT, as you would see if you use one of the more popular services (eg. speedtest), but against a server located in Seattle, WA.

    I'm not sure which service you use from your computer, to measure your bandwidth, but if you use speedtest, change the test server, to measure your RTT, against a test server located in Seattle, WA.
     
    taidara, Mar 20, 2014
    #16
  2. Not sure why people freak on running cable , fish it up through the wall (attic space) or down through the floor (crawl space or basement) wired beats wireless EVERY time in Every situation.....I've run it all over the place in my house (its cheap if you
    get it from the right place) with two people (one to push , one to pull ) it's easy peasey.....
     
    RobertBuckalew, Mar 20, 2014
    #17
  3. Mine is at a 103ms and I'm wired and only 20ft away from router, and in Titan fall I'm always one bar short and stats 17mbs and 2.75mbs upload
     
    WrappingDeath, Oct 31, 2018
    #18
  4. MartineS(2) Win User

    MacBox doesn't work (latency)

    UPDATE:

    Ethernet adapters through power circuit worked. Still 200ms on the Xbox but on Titanfall I got instant connection to server with 50ms.
  5. MartineS(2) Win User

    MacBox doesn't work (latency)

    Hey Taidara. Im gonna try out network through my power circuit tomorrow. Gonna test two adapters. I live in Norway, Buskerud, Kongsberg.

    It's only on Titanfall but again, Titanfall is the only game I got. I have just never experienced this problem with latency before, but (forums.xbox.com/.../1626105.aspx)
    I can see that others got the same problem as me for sure. I'm down to maybe 15 hours of struggling with this (6 times with customer support) within a couple of days, but I got a few trick I'm going to try out when I have time.

    I only use the xbox one headset that was included.

    If anyone knows any online demo games I could try out and test my connection on, it would be highly appreciated.

    Also, nice tags Taidara!
  6. MartineS(2) Win User

    MacBox doesn't work (latency)

    RedskullR, no but the TV room is the opposite part of the house than my optic fiber "entrance". Cable is not gonna work for rest of the people I share the house with. I think its the structure of the house and the rooms. It's a bumpy road from the home central
    (fiber connection) wirelessly too the TV room. But WHY is everything else but the Xbone working.

    Note: I did get to play some games earlier today. Got connected to servers with 50 ping. Had no lag ingame. Could also skype with video and broadcast on Twitch.

    Turned off, trying now and it doesn't work again. "Data Center: Searching..." for 15 minutes. This is bshit.
  7. PhilipBell120 Win User

    MacBox doesn't work (latency)

    i'm struggling with a high ping, mine is 160ms on a wired connection, everything on my network is at 32ms apart from my one.

    i'm in the UK and the general consensus is the network statistics check pings a server in the US hence the high ping. i've been arguing with microsoft support for the last 24 hours but they don't understand ping and the affect distance has on it. mongs
  8. RobertBuckalew Win User

    MacBox doesn't work (latency)

    Not sure why people freak on running cable , fish it up through the wall (attic space) or down through the floor (crawl space or basement) wired beats wireless EVERY time in Every situation.....I've run it all over the place in my house (its cheap if you
    get it from the right place) with two people (one to push , one to pull ) it's easy peasey.....
Thema:

MacBox doesn't work (latency)

Loading...
  1. MacBox doesn't work (latency) - Similar Threads - MacBox doesn't latency

  2. The Quick resume in Call of Duty Cold War doesn't work.

    in XboX Insiders
    The Quick resume in Call of Duty Cold War doesn't work.: Currently in the Skip-Ahead ring the quick resume of Call of Duty Cold War is not working. Instead it happens as on Xbox One, when you change the game it closes having to open it and load it...
  3. My console doesn't have disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    My console doesn't have disc to digital: I joined the xbox one insider program and joined disc to digital. No Update is available for the Console and there is no disc to digital button. Also nothing claims when I play a disc game....
  4. "welcome to game pass" email, WITHOUT PURCHASE, doesn't show subscription in microsoft account

    in XboX Insiders
    "welcome to game pass" email, WITHOUT PURCHASE, doesn't show subscription in microsoft account: hey yall, basically, my mom got an email from " xbox@e.xbox.com " (which i googled and it said thats a legit email they use) saying "welcome to xbox game pass" and "game pass is now yours". she...
  5. The newest XBOX app update from May 21st doesn't support external controllers on hanhelds...

    in XboX Insiders
    The newest XBOX app update from May 21st doesn't support external controllers on hanhelds...: The windows/xbox native games running under XBOX app do not support external controllers anymore. I am using GameSir Nova connected via usb dongle in XInput mode. Before the update everything was...
  6. Some requests to improve Xbox, because commenting this doesn't work, they always choose the...

    in XboX Insiders
    Some requests to improve Xbox, because commenting this doesn't work, they always choose the...: 1: This would be perfect for the 25 Xbox anniversary. Add a option to custom the Xbox boot screen, with all previous Xbox boot screens, I would love to see the classic Xbox boot screen on my...
  7. 100% completion highlight doesn't stand out enough

    in XboX Insiders
    100% completion highlight doesn't stand out enough: I'm in Alpha. The shading is barely noticeable to me. It should be a lot brighter, like the guide is. The glowing 100% is good but how about adding something more? How about a green emerald next...
  8. Mouse and Keyboard doesn't work on the new Xbox Cloud website?

    in XboX Insiders
    Mouse and Keyboard doesn't work on the new Xbox Cloud website?: I don't have a controller with me at the moment so i've been using mouse and keyboard on the OG https://www.xbox.com/en-US/play site. I was curious and wanted to check out the preview site @...
  9. Xbox Store opens but doesn't work, I need help

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Store opens but doesn't work, I need help: I need help, my xbox store opens, I used Microsoft support and sent me here, I need help, my xbox store opens, I used Microsoft support and sent me here, the last digits of the code series is...
  10. Xbox Captures doesn't have audio

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Captures doesn't have audio: Some of my clips don't have audio and I tried dozens of methods and it didn't work. Can someone help me fix it? submitted by /u/feeltheblaze [link] [comments]