Low FPS on some games

Discus and support Low FPS on some games in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Everything was running fine about a month ago and all the sudden with no changes I made my games have been acting kinda low on FPS. I kind of fixed the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by WaffleGaming x, Dec 9, 2023.

1. Low FPS on some games

Everything was running fine about a month ago and all the sudden with no changes I made my games have been acting kinda low on FPS. I kind of fixed the issue with recently by updating my BIOS and works ok with some games but not the same as it was. I get HUGE frame drops on games like R6.

1. Installed my games on ssd.
    2. Uninstalled and reinstalled my games
    3. Uninstalled and reinstalled my graphics drivers
    4. Ran virus, malware, bloatware, and corrupt file scans
    5. Temps are good and usage is pretty low for everything
    6. Cleaned my CPU which is a I3-12100F less than a year old
    7. Cleaned my GPU which is a RX 580 8gb less than a year old
    8. Made sure my ram sticks were the same type- which are both less than a year old
    9. Adjusted power plan to performance
    10. Made the game and steam the only unnecessary processes running
    11. Checked the game and steam files
    12. Adjusted game graphic settings to low
    13. Installed Windows 11 on my SSD
    14. Updated BIOS
    15. Moved router closer to PC
    16. Updated Network drivers
    Am I out of luck and have to get a new graphics card or is there another solution?

Specs:
    Radeon RX 580 8gb
    Gigabyte B660M
    Corsair 2x8gb DDR4 RAM
    Intel I3-12100F
    500W PSU
    2 PSY SSDs
    1 Unknown Hard Drive

:)

WaffleGaming x, Dec 9, 2023
  2. Yanyannnn Win User

Low FPS on some games

Hello WaffleGaming x,

Thank you for your contribution to the Microsoft community.

We totally understand that you want to increase your FPS and continue gaming. Just a reminder, we are not able to double check your graphics card here manually since we do not have the option to. No worries, we do have some troubleshooting steps here that we may use for the issue. It seems like you have already tried a lot of troubleshooting steps to fix the low FPS issue on your games. For the new games that is released today, your graphics card is already outdated and yes that could also be the issue why you are having low FPS since you already tried a lot of troubleshooting steps.

Basing on the statement you provided above, here are some troubleshooting steps that you may try:

1. Check if your graphics card drivers are up to date. You can download the latest drivers from the AMD website.

2. Check if your graphics card is running at its full potential. You can use a tool like MSI Afterburner to monitor the GPU usage and clock speeds while gaming.

3. Check if your power supply unit (PSU) is providing enough power to your system. You can use a PSU calculator to check if your PSU is sufficient for your system.

4. Check if your CPU and GPU temperatures are within normal range while gaming. You can use a tool like HWMonitor to monitor the temperatures.

5. Check if there are any background processes or applications that are using up system resources. You can use the Task Manager to check for such processes and close them.

If none of these steps work, it is possible that your graphics card may be faulty/outdated and may need to be replaced but you can also consult the nearest repair store on your area and let them check your graphics card.

Hope I helped!

YanYannn
    Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Yanyannnn Win User

Low FPS on some games

Hello WaffleGaming x,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com)

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

4. e Reachlth Win User

Low FPS On some games help!

sorry i use verbatim dl for music...

i mean i buy games from live
  5. e Reachlth Win User

But now i play Original Games
  6. VernierSlake Win User

What's the condition of the discs like?
Thema:

Low FPS on some games

1. Low FPS on some games - Similar Threads - Low FPS games

2. Sudden low fps and cpu usage in all games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sudden low fps and cpu usage in all games: A while ago I tried playing bg3 as always but I got sudden low fps drops that ive never had.Same with the other games, such as house flipper,ac etc. The cpu usage while running these games is...
  3. low fps on roblox microsoft store version

in XBoX Games and Apps
    low fps on roblox microsoft store version: hi does someone know why everytime i look at lights in roblox from the microsoft store version my fps drops. if you do please say it because it just looks TERRIBLE. thank you...
  4. My xbox one that is 2-3 years old get low fps on games such as fortnite?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one that is 2-3 years old get low fps on games such as fortnite?: on fortnite I get 60 fps but when I am in the midgame i get fps like from 30-45 fps even tho i have wired connection that is really fast and I only have fortnite installed and have 6% of the...
  5. Low FPS with DirectX?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Low FPS with DirectX?: Hi everyone! I am using an AMD Ryzen 5 7600X, AMD RX 6700XT, a MSI PRO B650-P WIFI board and 32GB of DDR5 Ram. The PC is running on Windows 11 using DirectX12 and I am playing on a Ultrawide...
  6. Low fps on Microsoft store Roblox version.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Low fps on Microsoft store Roblox version.: Subject: Low FPS and inability to join private servers on Microsoft Store Roblox version Hello, I am having trouble with the Microsoft Store version of Roblox. Specifically, I am experiencing a...
  7. Low FPS on games after factory reset

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Low FPS on games after factory reset: Hi I have an asus rog strix g17 Ryzen 7 4800h Nvidia rtx 3050ti 16Gb ram 1Tb SSD I recently did a factory reset to clean my laptop and after resetting I updated all the drivers including...
  8. Inconsistent Dedicated GPU usage, causing stuttering and low FPS on ASUS TUF F15

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Inconsistent Dedicated GPU usage, causing stuttering and low FPS on ASUS TUF F15: Hi, I have a problem with Windows 11, where all my games are stuttering and freezing, causing low FPS. This is mainly caused by the inconsistent Gpu usage, where it goes from high to low I...
  9. Why am i getting such low fps on every game i have played

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why am i getting such low fps on every game i have played: Just got a new xbox one s shadow of war console and i also bought red dead redemption 2 and gta v and halo 5 and more but all these games i have played they are running really low on fps i can...
  10. Gears of War 4 Windows 10 Stuck at 30 fps in game even on Low

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gears of War 4 Windows 10 Stuck at 30 fps in game even on Low: How exactly would I be able to get unlimited framerate for this game? In my settings it shows that I have the framerate uncapped and when I benchmark I'm barely using any VRAM. I have V-Sync...