Low bandwidth usage

Discus and support Low bandwidth usage in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have pretty quick fiber optic broadband, however when I am downloading games from Xbox store it takes forever. Admitedly i am using wireless... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by jim10000-B5E2D2E0-AB47-4FB1-BEC2-4E4B835CE876, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Low bandwidth usage

I have pretty quick fiber optic broadband, however when I am downloading games from Xbox store it takes forever.

Admitedly i am using wireless connection to my router but I am only getting between 5-15 Mbit/s. If I test my connection using my phone wirelessly right next to my Xbox with speedtest app I get 85 Mbit/s using a server 100+ miles away.

Why is my Xbox ones bandwidth utilisation so poor? Surely with so much bandwidth available it should be downloading very quickly.

:)

jim10000-B5E2D2E0-AB47-4FB1-BEC2-4E4B835CE876, Apr 29, 2016
  2. Dyne790
    Dyne790 Guest
    Bandwidth Usage Low Download Speed

Mister Beep,

I was able to get Sunset Overdrive installed fairly quickly. It seems that my download speed goes from either 400 KB/s to around 4 MB/s without any indication that my network statistics have changed.

I am encountering a similar issue now while downloading the Master Chief Collection. I started this morning at 1:00 AM and by checking my bandwidth usage, my download per hour from 1 - 11 AM ranges from 7 GB/hour to 1/GB hour.

Is there a possibility that Xbox Live is throttling my download speed down? I do not notice any change in speed with my other electronic devices.

Thanks for any assistance

Dyne790, Apr 29, 2016
  3. Mister Beep
    Mister Beep Guest

Hey there Dyne790!

Looking at your profile it looks like you have been earning achievements for Sunset Overdrive! Are you currently experiencing this issue? If so let us know so we can help get this sorted! Low bandwidth usage :)

Mister Beep, Apr 29, 2016
  4. LordxCrota
    LordxCrota Guest

Low bandwidth usage

Try plugging your Xbox into your router as a test to see if it makes it go any faster.

LordxCrota, May 1, 2016
  5. LordxCrota Win User

Low bandwidth usage

Try plugging your Xbox into your router as a test to see if it makes it go any faster.
  6. Mister Maka Win User

Heya BlueHawiianMan!

Because this thread is a bit old I'll be closing it but if you have any Xbox support questions that pop up please let us know in a new thread :)
  7. trojanere Win User

If you are not wired direct to the router then there could be interference on the wifi. Could be network congestion or the router itself. Try a different router or take the Xbox to a friend's and wire it to their router and test the connection. If it fine
    then you know it's a problem at home, swap out the router and make sure you are wired.. wireless does tend to be unreliable.
  8. UGS by ExoduS Win User

Hey Mister Beep,

are Microsoft have some issues with the cloud system ?

The German website xboxfront says the low download speed is because of the cloud
  9. Mister Beep Win User

Hey there Dyne790!

For any issues with downloading and installing Halo: Master Chief Collection, try giving it time to download and install. Due to network congestion and very high demand, that would be the reason as to why you are experiencing slower than normal download
    speeds. I would try the following to make sure there isn't anything else holding the download back.

Clear persistent storage and power cycle:

• Press the menu button on your Xbox One controller and select 'Settings'.
    • In the Settings menu, select Disc & Blu-ray settings.
    • From here, select Persistent storage and clear it.
    • After you clear persistent storage, press and hold the power button on the Xbox One for 10 seconds.
    • Power on the Xbox One console and resume the game download.
    Give those steps a try and let us know if you notice improvement! :)
Thema:

Low bandwidth usage

1. Low bandwidth usage - Similar Threads - Low bandwidth usage

2. I can't activate low latency mode on my Xbox Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't activate low latency mode on my Xbox Series S: this setting is disabled for me, and I can't find anyone with the same problem as mine my monitor is an lg ultragear 144hz and i use an hdmi 2.1 cable ***moving this thread to en-us because the...
  3. msfs 2020 not loading and saying low bandwidth

in XBoX Games and Apps
    msfs 2020 not loading and saying low bandwidth: Why is msfs such a [mod removed] every time I update. I can no longer launch a flight and you keep disconnecting me. I have 3 fiber lines to my house provided by 3 different providers. You keep...
  4. Forza Horizon 5 "Low streaming bandwidth" on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 "Low streaming bandwidth" on PC: I have a problem with Forza Horzion 5. After starting the game and taking a short drive, textures stop loading and I get a "Low streaming bandwidth" error (In the game benchmark, this problem does...
  5. Console streaming test endpoint/low bandwidth workaround

in XboX Insiders
    Console streaming test endpoint/low bandwidth workaround: Long story made short I am trying to re-enable the console streaming option on my One X after seeing a number of recommendations to do so to try and sort out issues with the xCloud streaming app...
  6. forza horizon 4 düşük yayın bant genişliği[forza horizon 4 low broadcast bandwidth]

in XBoX on Windows
    forza horizon 4 düşük yayın bant genişliği[forza horizon 4 low broadcast bandwidth]: merhabalar öncelikle forza horizon 4 oyunumda aldığım hata düşük yayın bant genişliği sorunu son güncellemeden sonra sürekli olmaya başladı oyuna ilk girdiğimde sıkıntı yok ama 15-20 dk oynayınca...
  7. Low Bandwidth on Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Low Bandwidth on Xbox: I have my Xbox One hardwired directly to my router, and I usually get speeds around 15 MBps download and 5 MBps upload. If I do a speed test on my wireless connection (phone) I get close to 30MBps...
  8. Incredibly low bandwidth usage while downloading

in XBoX on Consoles
    Incredibly low bandwidth usage while downloading: I've got my Xbox One connected to ethernet and I usually get anywhere from 100 Mb/s to 1 Gb/s on my PC. Currently, I've spent over two weeks trying to download Halo Master Chief Collection and the...
  9. Low bandwidth ???

in XBoX on Consoles
    Low bandwidth ???: Hello I recently had a low-bandwidth problem in a game (Call of Duty Advanced Warfare Xbox One) .I am check with xbox live, my ISP and I was able to solve the problem problem.The is that my...
  10. Bandwidth Usage Low Download Speed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bandwidth Usage Low Download Speed: Hey guys, Just picked up an Xbox One today (SO bundle) and started gettings worked out. I thought my connection was fine but I noticed the game install was only at about 5 % after half an hour...