Love it or hate it, COD is still the best (for me...)

Discus and support Love it or hate it, COD is still the best (for me...) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Bought Titanfall to give it a shot... have played through the "Campaign", and am almost at Prestige level... and it bores me... played two hours today,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by GHG Relentless, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Love it or hate it, COD is still the best (for me...)

Bought Titanfall to give it a shot... have played through the "Campaign", and am almost at Prestige level... and it bores me... played two hours today, trying to find something to keep my interest... came back to Ghosts for another hour and had a blast...
    there's just nothing like COD, for me, to give me that player vs. player, gun on gun visceral gameplay... a lot of people love to hate on COD as a whole, but it's still top of the food chain for a reason... it's fun, fast, and satisfying...

:)

GHG Relentless, Mar 16, 2014
  2. Love it or Hate it ; )

I bought the 6 banger. Ford claims 305 HP and 280 ft lbs. of torque but Car and Driver dynoed the new engine and discovered the peak HP is actually 308 and the peak torque is 287. I debated on the v8 and drove both the 6 and 8. The all new 6 has an all aluminum
    block and delivers the same HP as the V8's from a couple years ago yet gets much better fuel economy and the 6 is only .7 seconds slower from 0-60 than the new 8's, assuming I don't tweak it a bit, which I know I will. hehehe

Let's put it this way. The 6 banger rockets from 0 to 60 in less than 6 seconds (tests range from 5.6 to 5.9 seconds) and still gets 19 MPG city and 29 MPG on the highway. Since we know gas is only gonna get more expensive, when I found out I could get that
    kind of fuel economy in a car which I can get sideways in a turn in 2nd, I was sold. But, since I've had my foot all up in it's a$$, I've only averaged 17.2 MPG after 230 miles. hahaha

Next, I'll have the wheels powder coated black and tint the windows black.

DTW Dirty Harry, Mar 16, 2014
  3. Love it or Hate it ; )

I still have my 11 year old 17 HP hydrostatic clutch mower. I bought it after we bought our current house, right after I mowed the yard with a push mower for the 2nd time and said "to hell with this ***!"

Anyway, I like BF3. I don't love it or hate it.

P.S. Apoc. Regarding your last post....THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID! hahahahaha

DTW Dirty Harry, Mar 16, 2014
  4. Mafivee
    Mafivee Guest

That's fair enough and I quite like CoD too, but I feel like I might give it a rest this year and test the waters on something else when that something else presents itself.

Mafivee, Mar 16, 2014
  5. Yup, CoD is fun, as its always been. Theres some other fun games too. BFs are fun and Im gonna get Titanfall sometime too. I am with you though, CoD is CoD, and I like it.

UneasyJmitchell, Mar 17, 2014
  6. FoomBerry
    FoomBerry Guest
    That is what I always find appealing about Call of Duty. It keeps reeling you back.

FoomBerry, Mar 17, 2014
  7. Up1nSpace
    Up1nSpace Guest
    A Call Of Duty fan boy here........ yes Sir

Up1nSpace, Mar 17, 2014
  8. bowski477
    bowski477 Guest

CoD has always been my main game. Games come out and I give it a rest but I always go back.

bowski477, Mar 17, 2014
  9. Stump1897
    Stump1897 Guest
    Except for buying things for the kid lately I don't think I have purchased anything, but COd for a long, long time. I may give the next Clancy a chance.

Stump1897, Mar 17, 2014
  10. I don't hate CoD. I just get bored of it pretty quick now.I honestly think I burned myself out on Blops 2. I played that game to death and more. The new map pack looks interesting but I doubt I'll get it. Mayday looks nice but I can't justify 15 for one
    mere map. If I was more into the MP sure.

Defy Lightning, Mar 17, 2014
  11. boot61
    boot61 Guest
    i dont hate cod but it has become very stale in my opinion! they need to go back to its roots and get rid of all the crap that makes the game frustrating. aka kill streak rewards( just my opinion)

boot61, Mar 18, 2014
  12. Awxafy
    Awxafy Guest
    [quote user="GHG Relentless"]

Bought Titanfall to give it a shot... have played through the "Campaign", and am almost at Prestige level... and it bores me... played two hours today, trying to find something to keep my interest... came back to Ghosts for another hour and had a blast...
    there's just nothing like COD, for me, to give me that player vs. player, gun on gun visceral gameplay... a lot of people love to hate on COD as a whole, but it's still top of the food chain for a reason... it's fun, fast, and satisfying...

[/quote]

I've been wondering about the degree to which Titanfall differs from CoD, now that you mention it. The mechanics may be
    slightly different, but they appear to play out in a very similar way. I'm basing this off official gameplay videos, of course.

Awxafy, Mar 18, 2014
  13. Love it or hate it, COD is still the best (for me...)

What I enjoy most from Call of Duty is the personal nature of each kill... occasionally you will be sniped from across the map, but usually you see (or should have seen) the guy that just killed you... if I got killed in a hinky way, my deal is revenge,
    so I am the guy that will run back across the map to find that one guy and kill him... knife, close in with shotgun, that sort of thing... in Titanfall it's all too distant and faceless... when the enemy is in a Titan, it's just a robot... even if you manage
    to almost kill it, the Pilot usually ejects with camo so you never see him... yay, you killed his abandoned robot... big whoop... it's very difficult to track specific players in that game... COD, for me, is just way more in your face, you see me and I see
    you and yes I just killed you so deal with it...

GHG Relentless, Nov 1, 2018
  14. Awxafy Win User

[quote user="GHG Relentless"]

[/quote]

I've been wondering about the degree to which Titanfall differs from CoD, now that you mention it. The mechanics may be
    slightly different, but they appear to play out in a very similar way. I'm basing this off official gameplay videos, of course.
  15. Defy Lightning Win User

I don't hate CoD. I just get bored of it pretty quick now.I honestly think I burned myself out on Blops 2. I played that game to death and more. The new map pack looks interesting but I doubt I'll get it. Mayday looks nice but I can't justify 15 for one
    mere map. If I was more into the MP sure.
  16. UneasyJmitchell Win User

Yup, CoD is fun, as its always been. Theres some other fun games too. BFs are fun and Im gonna get Titanfall sometime too. I am with you though, CoD is CoD, and I like it.
  17. bowski477 Win User

CoD has always been my main game. Games come out and I give it a rest but I always go back.
  18. Up1nSpace Win User

A Call Of Duty fan boy here........ yes Sir
Thema:

1. Love it or hate it, COD is still the best (for me...) - Similar Threads - Love hate COD

2. I don’t know who needs to hear this but for the love of god update the twitch app.

in XboX Insiders
    I don’t know who needs to hear this but for the love of god update the twitch app.: According to my Xbox the last time I received an update for the twitch app was 03/01/2023 it’s a joke. For some reason now it just crashes when I click on someone’s stream. Not to mention when...
  3. As this other person said I wish U could look at your old profile pictures as I would love...

in XBoX Accessibility
    As this other person said I wish U could look at your old profile pictures as I would love...: I hope this really does happen 27301770-5608-4b09-bd41-71ed6fd7e114
  4. Love the new UI, hate the new friends list. It always looks like I always missed notifications.

in XboX Insiders
    Love the new UI, hate the new friends list. It always looks like I always missed notifications.: [IMG] submitted by /u/Rottenpotato365 [link] [comments]
  5. Achievements - Love, Hate or Don't Care?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Achievements - Love, Hate or Don't Care?: I like achievements if they end on a 0 or 5 don't like the weird numbers achievements b5383c38-ed75-495a-a5fc-2493f7544e8f
  6. Love and Hate Jigsaw

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Love and Hate Jigsaw: I am an author and I do jigsaw puzzles to clear my head when I get stuck on my book. I don't mind the ads, however, the app keeps crashing. I like to complete a set before moving to a new set but...
  7. Games I hate that you love

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games I hate that you love: The following is a list of games that I dislike for a variety of reasons (some of which I will detail) that most people seem to think are masterpieces of some sort or other. Ive tried to try...
  8. I Love Drivatars... I Hate Drivatars

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I Love Drivatars... I Hate Drivatars: Drivatars are awesome and have definately added an entirely new and for the most part great dimension to the Single Player experience. But the Drivatars can get a little crazy often driving...
  9. Love Hate Relationship with the Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Love Hate Relationship with the Xbox One: When it works, I love it. Most of the time though it is a cranky sluggish crashing beast. Did they even QA test this thing? da3908ec-efdb-485a-a5ae-52ca012e4b80
  10. I love it but I hate it!

in XBoX on Consoles
    I love it but I hate it!: Forza 5. I truly do love this game but there are 2 things that really stress me out. I have owned every forza game (except horizon, not a forza game in my eyes) and have loved them all. But since...