Loud Fan Noise

Discus and support Loud Fan Noise in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, my Xbox Series X tends to make a loud noise when i play games. Almost as if it’s simulating a jet. What may be the problem?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Trajan Harrison, Jan 25, 2024.

1. Loud Fan Noise

Hi, my Xbox Series X tends to make a loud noise when i play games. Almost as if it’s simulating a jet. What may be the problem?

:)

Trajan Harrison, Jan 25, 2024
  2. sp2 person Win User

Xbox One X pulsating fans

same issue, pulsating fan noise. Although it's not a loud fan noise, it's a pulsating up and down noise that is more aggravating and seems more distracting than a louder stable fan noise.
  3. イザヤ Win User

Xbox One X Fan sounds way louder than usual

Ok I moved it and it has not shut off sense but the Xbox One X Fan noise is not constant and is still loud maybe not as loud as a jet engine like I describe before but still loud way louder than my Xbox One S and OG Xbox One, it would have a fan burst
    when I'm playing which is loud and annoying and the fan noise would never be at a constant noise level while I'm playing a game.
  4. NickG123 Win User

Xbox One Fan

No chirping noise, just an unusually loud fan.
  5. SONIC SCREAM 07 Win User

loud fan noise

I think that is quite normal. There are some games such as Gears of War which makes the DVD drive spin faster, thus are louder.

You can install games onto your hard drive, then it will run from the HDD, not from the DVD drive, so it will not be so loud. It will be like you are on the dashboard.
  6. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Loud Fan Noise

Hi Trajan, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Noises coming from the Fan are normal, as it is doing its job of eliminating heat from the console.

When we play games, we demand more from the console, this causes more heat and increased fan speed.

But, if the noise is harsh, metallic, or too loud, there may be something wrong with it.

Observe the situation, and if you still feel like something is wrong, you can submit a service request.

Please, register your device on this link: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/warranty-service/register-your-product

Then, fill out the repair form: https://account.microsoft.com/devices/select-device-for-repair

You can check the warranty terms here: https://support.microsoft.com/help/...ce-plans-and-terms-conditions-for-your-device

If your device is out of warranty, you can check the costs here:

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/warranty-service/getting-your-product-serviced

I hope this helps.
Thema:

Loud Fan Noise

1. Loud Fan Noise - Similar Threads - Loud Fan Noise

2. My Xbox one S fan seems loud after it's been deep cleaned. The guy who cleaned the console...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one S fan seems loud after it's been deep cleaned. The guy who cleaned the console...: My Xbox one S fan seems loud after it's been deep cleaned. The guy who cleaned the console said the fan was fine and wasn't broken so I'm made to believe that a loud fan is normal?...
  3. My Xbox series s fan while playing fortnite gets loud but not that loud and I got it five...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox series s fan while playing fortnite gets loud but not that loud and I got it five...: Can you explain the to me why this is I’m scared if it’s broken or if it’s just fortnite 8cf8692e-1691-4c47-9d1c-9437e59e1920
  4. Xbox seires s making a loud buzzing noise from both fan and psu

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox seires s making a loud buzzing noise from both fan and psu: hello im yasi, i have my xbox series s since 2022 july and its been so so silent and good for me but lately its been making a very very loud buzzing noise from both the left and right side of the...
  5. Xbox series x loud fan when turning on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x loud fan when turning on: I bought my Xbox series x a month or two ago and have only had this happen twice. When turning on my Xbox after it being off for a while I hear the fan ramp up and then slow back down to the...
  6. Xbox series s Loud fan noise

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series s Loud fan noise: lately my xbox have been really really loud whenever i play rainbow it gets insanely loud and it gets hot especially the black part of the xbox whenever i play easy or light weight games its not...
  7. Loud fan

in XBoX on Consoles
    Loud fan: I've had a series S for just under a year and recently the fans been getting pretty loud. I can hear it as soon as I turn it on and sometimes has a clicking noise. Is this normal?...
  8. My Xbox Series X is making a loud noise from the fan.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series X is making a loud noise from the fan.: When I play games my Xbox is loud. d6630be2-0169-4ae7-9583-5b21f938d13f
  9. Xbox series X fan is loud when off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X fan is loud when off: So I decided to download a game, but during the process I turned the Xbox off (energy-saving mode), is normal for the fan to keep spinning quite loudly (approximately 40db) in this state? The...
  10. Why is my Xbox fan so loud for 5-10 mins after I boot it up?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox fan so loud for 5-10 mins after I boot it up?: Since about 3 months ago my Xbox series x fan has been loud 24/7 when on I wasn’t very worried about this issue as I have noise cancelling headphones so I couldn’t hear it when in games. But over...