Lost saved game data - RDR2 (Xbox One Series S)

Discus and support Lost saved game data - RDR2 (Xbox One Series S) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; During Summer holidays here down in Australia I decided I'd get back to playing Red Dead Redemption 2. I'd already completed the story once. Around a... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Andy K2, Jan 1, 2024.

1. Andy K2
    Andy K2 Guest

During Summer holidays here down in Australia I decided I'd get back to playing Red Dead Redemption 2. I'd already completed the story once. Around a year ago I decided I'd try and do all the challenges and various other aspects that I'd glossed over during the first play. I completed various challenges and also got at least half way through the story.

I'm pretty sure I played about a few days before Christmas having decided that my next challenge was to upgrade my satchels and go on the hunt for a badger.

On Christmas our internet connection died...thanks National Broadband Network and we were without internet in the house for a week. I don't play much online, so as we had mobile data it wasn't too much trouble.

I had a quiet few moments the other day and fired up RDR2, only to find that it loaded up a save game from 2022. When I went to load a game, there wasn't anything more recent.

I probably only had this one new save that would have been different, but it has definitely gone missing. I hoped when the internet was restored that the cloud would restore the saved game, but it is gone!

So far, I have moved location of the game to an external hard drive with more space, deleted local game saves, done a hard reset and nothing.

I also play Forza 5, but that has not been effected and recent progress there has been saved.

Any idea where this RDR2 saved game could have gone and how I can get it back?

:)

Andy K2, Jan 1, 2024
  2. Sodangidni Win User

Hello, Andy K. I'm Arturo, and I'll be glad to provide assistance with your inquiry today.

I'm sorry to hear that your Red Dead Redemption progress was lost.

Not only that, but based on the information you provided, it seems that your progress was unexpectedly deleted.
    However, as a last resource, you could try downloading the most recent data from the cloud.

“On Home, select My games & apps.
    Highlight the game, press the Menu button on your controller, then select Manage game & add-ons.

Select the Saved data box, then choose the item you want to delete.”

Then, select your profile and choose “delete local save”, don't choose “remove from everywhere”.

After doing this process, open the game and wait for your Xbox to sync the data.

Reference link:
    https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/game-setup-and-play/cloud-game-saves-faq

I'll look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Arturo.
  3. LeArt2020 Win User

Transferring Disc Game Data from Xbox One to Xbox Series S

Thanks a lot for your reply!

What would you suggest:

1. Buying the game digitally in my One S so that both the game and data transfer easily to the Series S?

2. Buy the digital game on my Series S and have the saved data there once I log in?
  4. D4vid 360 Win User

Red dead redepmtion 2 not starting

Try a hard reset (press the power button for 10 seconds).

Try clearing the caches and local saved data (under my games and apps, press start on RDR2, manage game and add ons, local save data, delete)
  5. Waleed Imran Win User

Red Dead Redemption 2 bad graphics

Hello i also bought rdr2 on xbox series s thinking it would look beautiful it looked like a horrible optimized game it looks very bad, thinking it will run on 1080p 60 with high graphics when will they fix this i am quite disappointed i bought xbox series s recently for rdr2 and some other games when will they fix it plz let me know.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Red Dead Redemption 2 bad graphics

Hi,

Red Dead Redemption 2 on Xbox was only optimised for Xbox One X it hasn't been optimised for the Series S or X hardware. On the Series S it runs in Xbox One Backwards compatibility mode. As such, it runs at around 900P (around 1600x900). This means it will look quite soft looking on a 4K display, although it should not affect the colours or the contrast.

Unfortunately, RDR2 is not great on the Series S, especially on a 4K display. FIFA 23 is Series S|X optimised, which is why this game looks a lot better.
Thema:

1. Lost saved game data - RDR2 (Xbox One Series S) - Similar Threads - Lost saved game

2. How do I recover my lost save files from Baldur’s gate 3 and get the game to startup?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I recover my lost save files from Baldur’s gate 3 and get the game to startup?: I just got this game on Xbox and it has not been functioning correctly. I had about two hours of play time and multiple successful manual save files. However, after returning to play and loading...
  3. Lost all of my game progression due to a data save being full

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lost all of my game progression due to a data save being full: While trying to get onto baldurs gate 3 I got a message saying the data save was full and I need to delete some data I reset my console thinking it would fix it instead when I booted it back up I...
  4. How do I recover my lost save files from Baldur’s gate 3 and get the game to startup?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I recover my lost save files from Baldur’s gate 3 and get the game to startup?: I just got this game on Xbox and it has not been functioning correctly. I had about two hours of play time and multiple successful manual save files. However, after returning to play and loading...
  5. Lost Baldur's Gate 3 save game data (I think) after the 12/21/2023 update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lost Baldur's Gate 3 save game data (I think) after the 12/21/2023 update: When I booted up my xBox Series X this morning BG3 was in the process of updating. After it updated, I played for a while and then saved, completely exited out of the game, etc. About an hour...
  6. Lost game saves after cache clear

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lost game saves after cache clear: Hi. I have been playing Starfield since 17th Sept on Xbox Series X. Recently problems with lagging and stuttering game play lead me to do a cache clear. I made sure to select the option to keep...
  7. Lost save files from xbox cloud gaming

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lost save files from xbox cloud gaming: I was playing starfield on my android tablet and at some poijt wanted to change to the TV, so saved and tried to close the game (which froze on the question to close the game) then had to just...
  8. Mechwarrior 5: saved games lost?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mechwarrior 5: saved games lost?: Hi, I have been playing Mechwarrior 5 on xBox for over a year and when I logged in two days ago all my saved games were missing. I thought they would be sync'd with my gamepass ultimate but each...
  9. After bought DLC, my pervious game save being lost with Xbox PC.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    After bought DLC, my pervious game save being lost with Xbox PC.: Once I bought Monster Hunter rise: Sunbreak (DLC), why my pervious game save data is lost and I need to start from zero? I had spent 170+hours to play in Monster Hunter Rise before bought the DLC...
  10. Xbox Cloud Gaming - Lost Saved Games Progression

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Cloud Gaming - Lost Saved Games Progression: Was loading up a game of Starfield on my mobile after it had just crashed. Once the game launched after waiting in the queue the saved cloud data would not sync. I relaunched the game another time...