Lost save files in starfield

Discus and support Lost save files in starfield in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I recently removed my local save files to clear my cache (not in game I did it through the Xbox settings), but I lost all my cloud saves in starfield... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DaGrimGamer43, Oct 12, 2023.

1. Lost save files in starfield

I recently removed my local save files to clear my cache (not in game I did it through the Xbox settings), but I lost all my cloud saves in starfield or somehow it didn't save them in the cloud. Regardless I had roughly 10 hours in my save so I'm wanting to know if there's any way to get it back. But if there isn't I'm fine with trying to get back up to where I was

:)

DaGrimGamer43, Oct 12, 2023
  2. Daniel Gill_354 Win User

Hi DaGrimGamer43! I hope you are well, delighted to be able to offer you my help!

I am sorry that this happened to you with the Starfield data, I will do everything possible and everything in my power to be able to offer you my help and a possible solution.

To fix this issue, follow these steps:

1. Check your Xbox storage and make sure there is enough space for the game and its save files. You can do this by going to Settings > System > Storage. If you need to free up space, you can delete some unused games or applications or move them to an external hard drive.

2. Check your save files and make sure they are not corrupted or incompatible. You can do this by going to My games and apps > Starfield > Menu button > Manage games and add-ons > Saved data. If you see any files with a yellow exclamation mark or a red X, it means they are damaged or incompatible and should be deleted. You can also try deleting the reserved space file, which is used for updates and patches.

3. Check your Xbox Live account and cloud sync settings. You can do this by going to Settings > Account > Sign in, security and password. Make sure you are logged in with the correct account and that your password is up-to-date. You can also go to Settings > System > Backup & transfer > Sync my settings and make sure cloud sync is enabled.

If none of this works, unfortunately there is no way to restore an old Starfield save file. They may have been overwritten or permanently deleted. However, you can still start a new game and enjoy its features and content.

Best regards,
    Daniel.
  3. Krusty T Win User

“However, you can still start a new game and enjoy its features and content.”

Why TF would anyone want to take the chance on losing another 250 hours of gameplay? You guys are CLUELESS.
  4. Brandon Tieman Win User

Yeah, well, unfortunately, losing 250+ hours on a level 90 character with 3 **** custom ships, 3 automated outposts, 3 faction quest lines completed, and halfway though the main quest... "Start a new game," isn't exactly what most players would be wanting to do at this point.

This is all because the game got to a state on XBOX where trying to save the game would just crash it. The game became completely unplayable.

It's garbage... and to think that Starfield was the main reason I got an XBOX.

After this, I'm getting a PS5.

Get it together. This kind of garbage is inexcusable on a triple A title in 2023.
  5. mindVex Win User

Starfield Game Save Error - Xbox Series X

I already lost all my Starfield saves now. It somehow deleted all my local files with this message and synced that to the cloud. After the Quick Resume was cleared, everything was gone. :-(
  6. Lavenia A. Win User

Starfield Save Games Missing/Lost (then restored) - GamePass SF Save Games location?

Hi b1u3,

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Community. We appreciate for sharing your concern to us.

I'm sorry to hear that you lost your Starfield save game files. The location of the save game files for GamePass games can vary depending on the game. However, for Starfield, the save game files are located in the following folder:

C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Packages\BethesdaSoftworks.ProjectGold_3275kfvn8vcwc\SystemAppData\wgs

If you can’t find these files, make sure to check the Hidden Items option in the View tab. If your save games are missing or lost, you might want to try restoring them from a backup if you have one. If you don’t have a backup, unfortunately, there might not be a way to recover them. In the future, it’s a good idea to regularly back up your save files to prevent loss.

To manually backup your save game files, you can copy the entire "wgs" folder to a different location, such as an external hard drive. This will allow you to restore your save game files if they are lost again in the future.

Losing valuable information of important files data can be a significant setback. I empathize with the challenge you're facing right now and the impact it can have on your productivity and peace of mind.

Kind regards,

Lavenia
Thema:

1. Lost save files in starfield - Similar Threads - Lost save files

2. How do I recover my lost save files from Baldur’s gate 3 and get the game to startup?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I recover my lost save files from Baldur’s gate 3 and get the game to startup?: I just got this game on Xbox and it has not been functioning correctly. I had about two hours of play time and multiple successful manual save files. However, after returning to play and loading...
  3. How do I recover my lost save files from Baldur’s gate 3 and get the game to startup?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I recover my lost save files from Baldur’s gate 3 and get the game to startup?: I just got this game on Xbox and it has not been functioning correctly. I had about two hours of play time and multiple successful manual save files. However, after returning to play and loading...
  4. How can I get my lost save files from bg3

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I get my lost save files from bg3: When I tried playing my bg3 campaign today I was met with no option to continue my playthrough, all progess I've had on the game is now gone. Is there a way to get my progress back or did I waste...
  5. Lost save files from xbox cloud gaming

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lost save files from xbox cloud gaming: I was playing starfield on my android tablet and at some poijt wanted to change to the TV, so saved and tried to close the game (which froze on the question to close the game) then had to just...
  6. I have lost my Skate 3 character out if know where i have the save file loaded but i got...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have lost my Skate 3 character out if know where i have the save file loaded but i got...: I Haven't played skate 3 in awhile like few months i come back to My guy Deleted now u have to restart What the actual **** Is going on it's hard enough worling my way up in the game but for it to...
  7. Gamepass save file not loading in-game (progress lost)... why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamepass save file not loading in-game (progress lost)... why?: I recently downloaded State of Decay 2 from Gamepass and have clocked countless hours, only to learn my save files are inaccessible to load at later time/date. There is a game save file that I can...
  8. Lost save file of batman arkham knight on xbox one.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lost save file of batman arkham knight on xbox one.: Started playing arkham knight a few days ago, had 7% completion on the first day. The next day, the game started where i left off and i got 15% completion, same thing yesterday, game started from...
  9. Lost Save File dodgeball academia After Changing Gamertag

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lost Save File dodgeball academia After Changing Gamertag: I recently lost my save file for Dodgeball Academia after changing my gamertag. Is there any way that my save file can be restored? I had been playing the game without issue for a week+, but then...
  10. I lost my save file

in XBoX on Windows
    I lost my save file: I don't know why but when i tried to play to "bug fables" my save file was lost. I have not actualized my pc or do anything. Is there a way t recover my save file?...