Lost gamertag after Black Screen of death reset

Discus and support Lost gamertag after Black Screen of death reset in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I followed the reset instructions after having the black screen issue and opted to keep my games and apps. When I restarted my Xbox it... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by SvN84, Nov 5, 2021.

1. SvN84
    SvN84 Guest

Hi everyone,

I followed the reset instructions after having the black screen issue and opted to keep my games and apps. When I restarted my Xbox it asked me to create a new gamertag. I tried entering my usual tag but it said it is too long so in order to continue I had to create a new one. Once I got onto my dashboard I noticed that all of my gamerscore, achievements and saved video clips associated with my original gamertag has gone. I am still using the same live account as before but it seems that the scores and achievements etc are associated with the gamertag and not the live account?? This is also proving the same issue when trying to play games like Battlefield.

I tried contacting the support team via the "request a callback" feature on the website but it keeps crashing. I tried various browsers and devices too and none of them will get through.

Has anyone else had this issue following the black screen of death and does anyone know how I can get my original gamertag back? Any help will be awesome, thank you.

:)

SvN84, Nov 5, 2021
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: