Lost Baldur's Gate 3 save game data (I think) after the 12/21/2023 update

Discus and support Lost Baldur's Gate 3 save game data (I think) after the 12/21/2023 update in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When I booted up my xBox Series X this morning BG3 was in the process of updating. After it updated, I played for a while and then saved, completely... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by H F2, Dec 22, 2023.

1. H F2
    H F2 Guest

When I booted up my xBox Series X this morning BG3 was in the process of updating. After it updated, I played for a while and then saved, completely exited out of the game, etc. About an hour after that when I tried playing again, all saves appear to be gone, i.e., I don't have the option to "continue" or "load," only to start a brand new game.

Having said that, when I click the menu button on the game, then select "manage add-ons and games," it appears that I do still have some saved data.

So, is there some workaround for this? I'm reluctant to do anything at all at this point for fear of losing what data I might still have...

:)

2. Kathy A. Win User

Hello,

Thanks for the report!

This game- Baldur’s Gate 3 is currently on the known issue list of Xbox, please see the known issues and details below:

Baldur’s Gate 3

• Known Issues
      • Xbox is aware of a known issue that users have reported on several platforms that may cause loss of saved progress. Help limit the possibility of running into this issue by following the recommendations below.
    • Ensure your console remains powered, even when turned off.
      • Your Xbox console is designed to still perform checks and functions when turned off to help optimize your experience. When you turn your console off, make sure it is done properly. Any method that involves turning power off to the console directly can cause unexpected issues.
        • Examples of these are below, but not limited to
          • Turning power off at the wall or outlet the console is connected too.
          • Turning off a power strip or surge protector the console is plugged into.
          • An unexpected power outage
      • To turn off your console properly, follow these steps.
        • Hold down the Xbox button on your controller.
        • Select Turn off console.
          • You can also just press the Power button on the front of the console to initiate a shut down.
      • To learn more about power options and various power states for your console, go here.
    • Make sure your Xbox is up to date.
      • Ensure your system is up to date as console updates usually include fixes to how games operate.
      • Even if your console is set to receive automatic updates, you may still have to do a manual update to ensure your console is as up to date as it can be.
      • To perform a manual update, follow these instructions.
        • Make sure that your console is connected to the internet, and then press the Xbox button to open the guide.
        • Select Profile & system,
        • then go to Settings.
        • then to System.
        • and finally Updates.
          • Under Updates, you’ll see:
            • Console update available. Select this to begin your update, or
            • No console update available. This means your console is up to date.
      • To learn more about Xbox console updates, go here.
      • To see the history of Xbox updates and what each update includes, go here.
      • If you would like to keep your console updated but do not have an Internet connection available, check out our article on performing an offline system update.
    • Close your game completely when you are done playing.
      • Save your progress in the game first.
      • Exit the title to your Home screen.
        • You can use the Xbox button on your controller to select Home to get here.
      • On the Home screen, highlight Baldur’s Gate 3 from your recently played list.
        • This will be towards the top of the dashboard.
      • Once highlighted, press the Menu button on your controller.
      • Select Quit
        • If it's not present, the game is not currently running.
      • To learn more about Quick Resume, go here.
    • Clear some of your local saved game data.

Your Xbox console may have trouble saving data for Baldur's Gate 3 if it already has large amounts of save data from other games stored locally. To avoid this problem, you can delete the local copies of save data from other games to free up some space. Any local save data you delete this way will be automatically redownloaded from the cloud next time you want to play that game.
      • On the Home screen of your console, select My games & apps.
      • Highlight a game and press the Menu button your controller.
      • Select Manage game & add-ons.
      • Select the Saved data box.
      • Select the saved game data you wish to remove and choose Delete from Console. These should all be labeled by Gamertag
        • This will delete the locally saved game data from your console for that tile and gamertag. This will automatically be redownloaded to your console next time you launch that title while signed in with that gamertag.
        • If you choose Delete from Everywhere, this will remove the saved data from the cloud as well, potentially causing all progress for that title to be lost.
      For more information on how your saved games function with the cloud, check here.

For timely update of Games Known issues, please check this link: Game Release Known Issues for December 2023 - Microsoft Community

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. N81VxFUTURE Win User

Baldurs Gate 3 Complete broken on Xbox series X.

I found out the problem, it’s a corrupted save file. To fix, you just have to delete your game data and the cloud data for Baldurs gate 3. This allowed me to create a new game with no more crashes :)
  4. R4VER Win User

BALDUR'S GATE 3!!! PLEASE PINCH ME TO PROVE IT'S REAL!!!

Not only is baldurs gate 3 coming out but a double pack of baldurs gate enhanced and baldurs gate 2 dark alliance enhanced. I am looking forward to playing thrm all over again
  5. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Why does Baldur's Gate 3 crash after the intro?

Hi Zac! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your Baldur's Gate 3 game crash.

If I may ask, does the same issue occur in other games or just specifically in Baldur's Gate 3?

I understand that you have already performed almost all the workarounds. Kindly try to perform a factory reset keep my games and apps. According to Independent Advisor, Ronnieee: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...87e00028/67cc8f5c-39d0-42c3-a226-789ec37e21ad

"Note: This will remove the profiles on your console, make sure that you remember the email and password to your account.

No data or game saves will be lost doing this, everything is backed up to the cloud servers.

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select Settings.
    3. Select System.
    4. Select Console info
    5. Select Reset console.
    6. Select Reset and keep my games & apps

This will also help sync the data on your console properly."

Once you're done, try to launch Baldur's Gate 3 to see if it works.

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  6. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Need more save space after I've cleared some already

Hi Plazmafighter, I am glad it worked out.

There was an issue with the saved games of Baldur's Gate recently, it was patched.

This may be the reason.
Thema:

1. Lost Baldur's Gate 3 save game data (I think) after the 12/21/2023 update - Similar Threads - Lost Baldur's Gate

2. I lost my player career mode when I auto saved two careers while playing online. Can I get...

in XBoX on Windows
    I lost my player career mode when I auto saved two careers while playing online. Can I get...: Is there any way to get it back? 7b2f01a3-6268-4912-bdd3-af574b74e876
  3. Series x keeps saying lost connection with controller while I’m playing like every 20...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x keeps saying lost connection with controller while I’m playing like every 20...: Series x keeps saying lost connection with controller while I’m playing like every 20 minutes is there a flaw in the system? 9012cfd8-a38f-45d4-b974-c21901092b3e
  4. My xbox controller suddenly lost connection with the xbox series x console

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox controller suddenly lost connection with the xbox series x console: At some point, when I tried to turn on the console using the controller, as usual, I noticed that the console would not turn on, and the xbox indicator on the controller began to blink slowly. I...
  5. Xbox series X controller lost its mind

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X controller lost its mind: I was playing a game today, had played several rounds before, no problems. I was in the middle of a match and all of the sudden, my controller started moving the cursor on the game around by...
  6. Microsoft account lost

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft account lost: I had a microsoft account with this email *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** linked with a minecraft account java edition (minecraft user: christ0santo). I tried to...
  7. All data lost on several games, just wiped clean.

in XBoX on Consoles
    All data lost on several games, just wiped clean.: All data for forza horizon 4 and 5 amongst other games gone, Forza says, To play this game, you will need to buy it ( I have xbox gamepass) Either your purchase was refunded or your preorder was...
  8. How do I recover my lost save files from Baldur’s gate 3 and get the game to startup?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I recover my lost save files from Baldur’s gate 3 and get the game to startup?: I just got this game on Xbox and it has not been functioning correctly. I had about two hours of play time and multiple successful manual save files. However, after returning to play and loading...
  9. How do I recover my lost save files from Baldur’s gate 3 and get the game to startup?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I recover my lost save files from Baldur’s gate 3 and get the game to startup?: I just got this game on Xbox and it has not been functioning correctly. I had about two hours of play time and multiple successful manual save files. However, after returning to play and loading...
  10. just lost all my saves on bg3(baldurs gate 3), i know the problem is currently being worked...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    just lost all my saves on bg3(baldurs gate 3), i know the problem is currently being worked...: Hi just lost all my saves on bg3(baldurs gate 3), i know the problem is currently being worked on, But i was just wonder when or if ya'll solve the problem would the save games return or are...