Lost access to my old account.

Discus and support Lost access to my old account. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have bought the xbox series x, transferred my games over from my old xbox one, go to sign in and i've been given a new gamertag! So i can't access my... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Terry small, Aug 19, 2023.

1. Terry small
    Terry small Guest

I have bought the xbox series x, transferred my games over from my old xbox one, go to sign in and i've been given a new gamertag! So i can't access my old account, lost all my progress on my games, meaning i have to start all over again. Plusi obviously lost access to xbox live gold.

My old gamertag.....BATTLEAXE111

My new gamertag.....BATTLEAXE111#701

My xbox live renews automatically every year, but i can't access it to turn it off!

Whatever i try, i'm automatically directed to my new account.

Trying to actually speak to someone at microsoft/xbox is impossible, so i thought that someone on here may be able to help.

This has been going on for 5 weeks so far.

Regards Terry

:)

Terry small, Aug 19, 2023
  2. [EX] Win User

Hey Terry,

if you use the 'search person' function on your console and search for your gamertag, is it shown without suffix ?
  3. Terry small Win User

So, can I not have 2 accounts with the one email?.
  4. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Terry small,

Thank you for your prompt response.

When you are sign with your Xbox Series X console using a new account, it is like starting your account from fresh.

"I've tried to delete my account and start again but when I try, it just goes to this new account.

I can only assume that I forgot my password for my old account and created a new one" -

Did you mean you deleted your old account? If that is correct, then that cannot be reversed, and all the games associated to that account will be lost also. It is true that when you check availability of your old gamertag, that will not show available because gamertags is associated to account and once Microsoft account is deleted or closed, you cannot reuse the email account. You can try signing in your Microsoft account through this link: https://account.microsoft.com and if it shows does not exist, then that account is already closed or deleted.

See Microsoft Terms of Use under Account Use through this link: Microsoft Services Agreement

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Sincerely,

5. Terry small Win User

Hi,

Thanks for your reply,

The last time I used my old account was on my xbox one, and the last thing I did was to transfer my game's to my new xbox series x.

When I got my xbox series x,

The first thing I did was to sign in but what appeared was the new gamertag.

I didn't change my gamertag myself, it just appeared,

My gamertag plus #701 on the end of it.

After I transferred my game's I restored to factory settings my xbox one, then sold it.

I have never received any enforcement action at any time.

I'm just puzzled as to how I have this new account.

I must say though, I can't remember the last time I physically signed in because I was permanently signed in, I've always just turned on my xbox and my gamertag/avatar appeared on screen.

But when I signed in to my new xbox series x I was prompted to choose a new picture for my gamertag.

So obviously when I tried to play any of my games they would start at the very beginning.

All progress lost.

I've tried to delete my account and start again but when I try, it just goes to this new account.

I can only assume that I forgot my password for my old account and created a new one, and I must have created a new account by accident.

I can't think of anything else that may help you to help me.

Regards

6. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Terry small,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Based on the description, you have lost access to your old account causing you lose all your games and progress from your older device. Let us check and see on what we can do to help resolve your concern in a timely manner.

We would like to ask few questions to help us isolate the issue further.

1. What happen with your old account that was used to sign in to your Xbox One? Did you forget password and was not able to recover the account through the account recovery process that is why you created a new account?

2. Are you using new account in creating your profile in your Xbox Series X console?

3. Did you change your gamertag?

4. When was the last time you were able to sign in your old account that was use in your older device?

5. Have you received enforcement action with your previous account?

To get back to your games from your old console, you need to recover the account so that you can use the account to sign in to your new console to continue to have access to your games from your older device. Please provide more details as to what happen to your old account. If you have changed your gamertag through the process established by Microsoft, it should not affect your games tied up to the account.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Thema:

1. Lost access to my old account. - Similar Threads - Lost access old

2. My account had been hacked and I lost access to it

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account had been hacked and I lost access to it: so I created new one using same adress, but can I in some way regain access to the old one even if it's overwritten with new one? Back in the day when i tried to log in it was said that there is...
  3. I lost my access to my Minecraft Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    I lost my access to my Minecraft Account: I migrated my account around a year ago to my Microsoft account, and I could use Minecraft my Java Edition just fine with my account. I then replaced my PC and had to redownload all my apps after...
  4. I have lost access to my old xbox account

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have lost access to my old xbox account: Hello, i’ve been trying to log into my old xbox account but i’ve forgotten the email and password used to login. There’s also no phone number linked, the account name is ‘jays solos’. I was...
  5. Changed my primary alias and deleted my old alias and lost access to my minecraft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changed my primary alias and deleted my old alias and lost access to my minecraft account: I have changed my primary alias, then deleted my old one. This caused me to lose access to my minecraft account. It did not say or warn me anywhere that this would happen. Is there any way that I...
  6. Getting access to Old Xbox accounts with lost Emails and Passwords?

in XboX Insiders
    Getting access to Old Xbox accounts with lost Emails and Passwords?: The Support is hard when you fail the test to gain access to your old accounts, Is there a way to get the accounts? submitted by /u/WhoUhHere [link] [comments]
  7. Old account needed new information = Lost access to my account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Old account needed new information = Lost access to my account: Hi, I have an Xbox Gamtertag / account that is around 12 years old. And now i cant acess it.. because earlier this week I needed more "security information" to login. That information wasn't...
  8. Lost access to an old Xbox account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Lost access to an old Xbox account: Hey! I’ve lost access to my old Xbox account, I don’t have access to the email or phone number but I do know all the security details including phone number associated to the account. Ive tried...
  9. My EA Access code is lost in old Xbox message.

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    My EA Access code is lost in old Xbox message.: EA Access code lost in old Xbox message. Hi, I have been talking to an Xbox rep names William A, he said to come here and post about my issue. Basically I have lost access to my old messages, one...
  10. Lost access to an old account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Lost access to an old account: I made my first account a long time ago and cannot remember the password for the Microsoft account or the email it is linked to. It was my dads old email address and I just want to change it to my...