Losing Xbox Live over Game Pass Ultimate, especially upon cancelling Ultimate

Discus and support Losing Xbox Live over Game Pass Ultimate, especially upon cancelling Ultimate in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I Switched to Game Pass Ultimate yesterday for $2 special and my Xbox Live expired today, September 8th, 2019, instead of February 2020 with Game Pass... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/RichardT1975, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Losing Xbox Live over Game Pass Ultimate, especially upon cancelling Ultimate

I Switched to Game Pass Ultimate yesterday for $2 special and my Xbox Live expired today, September 8th, 2019, instead of February 2020 with Game Pass good through April 2020. I cancelled Game Pass Ultimate, yet still had no Xbox Live added back onto my subscription time lost. In confusion, I bought 1 year Xbox Live prepaid card, sure I had made an error and then a message notifies me that if I continue I will only be given 4 months Xbox Live. I never realized Ultimate meant both Xbox Live and Game Pass and figured it surely a tier to more free game through Game Pass Ultimate. It says Game Pass, not Xbox Live Ultimate. Then I cancelled Ultimate to which my months left on Xbox Live were not restored until a chat with Technical Support who kindly restored my Xbox Live to March 2021 instead of October 2020. Yet, I could not be given my 2 weeks left I had of Game Pass as it was under the 1 month minimum to restore it's subscription.

I believe 2 things need to happen, the name changed to Xbox Live Ultimate so ppl understand it's not a tier level of Games you get for free or reduced prices and an automatic restore of months originally left on Xbox Live. No subscription should ever alter Xbox Live services as children know no better this Ultimate is taking away their online game access with parents none the wiser getting additional charges to their credit card for Xbox Live which is needed for online games. An alteration should be made when upgrading to Ultimate that additional funds be added for the conversion to Xbox Live and Game Pass together instead of Months of Xbox Live taken away from their subscription.

This is a marketing technique to leave unrestored months of Xbox Live so parents feel they need fund their children's Xbox Live believing it has simply been the year since last renewed, not knowing they need to chat with Technical Support to get those months back. No Game Pass is worth more than Xbox Live as Xbox Live is essential to all Microsoft online gaming and Game Pass is simply a game for reduced pricing or free. It is much better just a couple games go away with Game Pass expiring than all the child's online gaming throught Xbox Live expiring as the parent hears the upset child they can't play their games anymore and the parent's investment deemed worthless is incentive for the parent to just pay the new subscription fee so the child has online priviledge instead of investigating the matter any further as I did for my son's Xbox Live subscription. This Ultimate shouldn't take away from Xbox Live months of service left for the games online support for any other subscription.

submitted by /u/RichardT1975
    [link] [comments]

/u/RichardT1975, Sep 9, 2019
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Losing Xbox Live over Game Pass Ultimate, especially upon cancelling Ultimate