Losing saved games on Xbox Games Pass PC

Discus and support Losing saved games on Xbox Games Pass PC in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Any one else experiencing lost saved files on games you have played on the PC Xbox Gamer Pass? I have started Mutant Year Zero twice only to find on... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/XboxMADUk, Jun 26, 2019.

1. /u/XboxMADUk
    /u/XboxMADUk Guest

Any one else experiencing lost saved files on games you have played on the PC Xbox Gamer Pass? I have started Mutant Year Zero twice only to find on occasion it only gives me the option to start new game and has no apparent save files???

submitted by /u/XboxMADUk
    [link] [comments]

/u/XboxMADUk, Jun 26, 2019
  2. Artifex 28 Win User

PC game pass: Losing save files on relaunch.

NOOOOOOO!

The saves can be SEEN by the game, but they cannot be LOADED!

I'm just stuck in a LOAD LOOP, the loading goes from 0% to 100% and then back to 0% and this keeps repeating.
  3. Artifex 28 Win User

SOLVED! --> At the end of the post you will find out the solution how to recover your saves.

First are the steps I took to solve this:

- So I copied the CONTENTS of the (some very long ID)-folder with saves and options.ini, game.log etc to another location as a backup
    - Started the game -> no help

- I started a new game and saved
    - I restarted the game and the ABOVE save works (but not the one I'm missing)

- The previous location (xgs-folder) did NOT have any new contents -> it's empty

- Then I was about to copy the previously backupped save files back to the (some very long ID)-folder to see if these would work now... but I noticed that there is a xbl.log -file; I opened it and heureka.

- It refers to a completely new location: [XBL] [LOGFILE] Set to C:\Users\<your WIN user>\AppData\Roaming\Dune - Spice Wars\xbl.log

- So I opened THIS folder mentioned in the log, and I found out that there's similar folder contents to the %localappdata%\Packages\FuncomOsloAS.DuneSpiceWars_pkaskhy6cdq4g\SystemAppData\xgs\<some very long id>\

this Roaming\Dune - Spice Wars\ folder contained my previous test save from the above. The mystery is solved.

= COPY YOUR .SAV FILES + FOLDER CONTENTS FROM %localappdata%\Packages\FuncomOsloAS.DuneSpiceWars_pkaskhy6cdq4g\SystemAppData\xgs\

TO

C:\Users\<your WIN user>\AppData\Roaming\Dune - Spice Wars\

- Be sure to enable HIDDEN files -visibility to access the see the AppData-folder with your File Explorer

You're welcome! <3

www.soundcloud.com/Artifex28
  4. Mr Kintaco Win User

I am running windows 11.

It is the only game affected and it is saved on my C drive.

After I lost saves 3 times, I verified the game etc and the problem still persists.
  5. Artifex 28 Win User

Managed to contact the devs. on their forum and the pushed a patch that at least for me fixed the issue.
  6. WattyNuela Win User

Hello there, this is Manuela. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you, ready to assist with this.

Not a Microsoft employee.

Let’s try to sort this out this problem before considering a game reinstallation, Mr.

However, before that, I would like to ask some questions:

Are you running Windows 10 or 11?
    Is this game the only affected, or are more games affected?
    Do you have installed the game on the system drive? (Local drive C:)
    What procedures you tried to fix this prior to your post creation?
Thema:

1. Losing saved games on Xbox Games Pass PC - Similar Threads - Losing saved games

2. PC Game Pass - Snowrunner - Buying a DLC (Year 1 pass) make me lose my profile and saves

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PC Game Pass - Snowrunner - Buying a DLC (Year 1 pass) make me lose my profile and saves: After Buying the YEar 1 a few days ago, I couldn't access the DLC maps. I tried to uninstall/reinstall the game and there I lost all my saves... my lvl30+ profile and 40/50 hours gameplay saves...
  3. If I change from alpha skip ahead (current) to beta, do I lose the other accounts saved on...

in XboX Insiders
    If I change from alpha skip ahead (current) to beta, do I lose the other accounts saved on...: If I change from alpha skip ahead (current) to beta, do I lose the other accounts saved on my console, ot the ones saved as "xbox home"? On the beta preview it says: system update status: Factory...
  4. Resetting a specific puzzle with a glitched cloud save for Microsoft Jigsaw, without losing...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Resetting a specific puzzle with a glitched cloud save for Microsoft Jigsaw, without losing...: I've asked this a couple of times and each time it's like a bot is answering. If you're going to offer advice, please read this properly and actually answer what I'm asking about - rather than...
  5. i keep losing my saved data on xbox one f1 2022

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i keep losing my saved data on xbox one f1 2022: when i return play, i frequently have lost saved data in f1 2022 teams. today after xbox updated i lost save data from 8 races and was put back to season 1 race 22. this has happened several times...
  6. PC game pass: Losing save files on relaunch.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PC game pass: Losing save files on relaunch.: Hey guys, For some reason, when I relaunch Dune Spice wars on the PC game pass. All my saves are gone. it has happened 3 times now in which I ended up losing saves which I have spent hours in. Any...
  7. Okay so I think I have to factory-rest my Xbox but I don't want to lose any saved game...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Okay so I think I have to factory-rest my Xbox but I don't want to lose any saved game...: Okay so I think I have to factory-rest my Xbox but I don't want to lose any saved game data. Will choosing the keep games and apps option save my game data? 5deeaccc-d1fa-4f53-b3e5-6b55ceca1dc5
  8. why did I lose all of my Fortnite data because I deleted my local save data/file even...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why did I lose all of my Fortnite data because I deleted my local save data/file even...: I have an Xbox series s which I use all of the time. And I wiped my local save data because I wanted to free up some storage. But it made me lose my entire Fortnite account data which I had 1800...
  9. What Causes To Lose My Entire Save Data For My game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What Causes To Lose My Entire Save Data For My game: When I lost My save data for my game more than once. I was curious about How I lost my save data, Anything time when the game's loading I feel anxious that I will lose my data and it would show...
  10. Do i lose all save data after i uninstall a game?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Do i lose all save data after i uninstall a game?: Hello i was wanting to ask if i lose all save data from a game if it is uninstalled. I ask this because i am reinstalling a game i previously had installed because of a new update that came out...