Loose and not working wired headset, why is it like that?

Discus and support Loose and not working wired headset, why is it like that? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have a question, I bought a official wired headset from Xbox. But when I tried to plug it into my Series S Controller it was very loose and it did... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by ProGamer6901, Jan 6, 2024.

1. ProGamer6901
    ProGamer6901 Guest

I have a question, I bought a official wired headset from Xbox. But when I tried to plug it into my Series S Controller it was very loose and it did not work, I tried finding videos and tutorials but none of them were what I was looking for. If anyone has got an answer please say it so I can use the headset for my Xbox.

:)

ProGamer6901, Jan 6, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

The Microsoft Stereo Headset comes with a standard 3.5mm jack, it should work flawlessly with your Microsoft Controller.

Have you tested it with another device or controller?
  3. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi ProGamer6901, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Which headset model did you purchase?

Please, take a look at this page to check how to connect it to your controller:

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/accessories/connect-compatible-headset

Also, please, verify if the connector you have is the one on Image 02.

It needs to be inserted into the headphone jacket of your controller (Image 01).

Are you able to use another headset with your controller?

Does your headset work with another device?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. ProGamer6901 Win User

I bought the Xbox Stereo Headset and I do have the same connector but it is just really loose and it does not show up on my Xbox. Also, I think it doesn't even fit inside my controller but I know it is the correct connecter. Please help.
  5. Perrsun Win User

Headset HELP

If you have another headset (even a regular wired headset that comes with an Xbox, or a plain hands-free headset for an old cell phone) you can try that. If headset 2 also has the loose connection problem, then you know it's your controller at fault. If
    headset 2 works, then try another controller. If controller 2 also has the loose connection problem then you know it's your headset's wire at fault.
  6. onyxishere Win User

Popping/Crackling Sound From Friend's Xbox One Headset

Sounds like he may have a loose wire in the headset. Please have him try a different headset. If there is no popping sound coming from his end with a different one then that would be the issue.
Thema:

1. Loose and not working wired headset, why is it like that? - Similar Threads - Loose working wired

2. Why is my right trigger loose. I came back from work the other day and my trigger had no...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my right trigger loose. I came back from work the other day and my trigger had no...: I can't play call of duty anymore 22e89921-df68-4b49-96e6-70d5ec7e102e
  3. Xbox elite wireless controller series 2 rubber grip coming loose

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite wireless controller series 2 rubber grip coming loose: The right hand rubber grip has started to work loose from the controller, how do I get it repaired? Many thanks, David 8c725e43-a109-46f0-ba31-3889431b1181
  4. How can i fix a loose cmos in a lenovo laptop?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can i fix a loose cmos in a lenovo laptop?: I have a lenovo ideapad gaming 3 ryzen 5 6600h rtx 3050 15ARH7, and the cmos is loose for some reason, the laptop still turns on and works fine, but i still don't want to have the cmos flailing...
  5. Microsoft soft let me buy he’ll let loose on my Xbox one

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft soft let me buy he’ll let loose on my Xbox one: Microsoft soft let me buy he’ll let loose on my Xbox one and didn’t tell me it was only compatible with the newest Xbox x/s online it says able to play on Xbox one so I have bought a game that...
  6. Hell Let Loose on PC gamepass is broken

in XBoX on Windows
    Hell Let Loose on PC gamepass is broken: Hell Let Loose on PC gamepass is broken f97444c3-9dab-489f-9027-0f31cc7ed897
  7. Why don't I see hell let loose on cloud gaming

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why don't I see hell let loose on cloud gaming: Why don't I see hell let loose on cloud gaming it said it's coming to card game too so I was wondering if it still going to be on cloud gaming 1a7f8814-90ac-479a-a7a2-b68eabf23abe
  8. Xbox X Controller left stick not completely loose

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox X Controller left stick not completely loose: My Xbox series x controllers left stick is not responding immediately when moving left and right but moving up and down works fine, I Noticed that the left stick is a bit more loose than the right...
  9. Will I loose anything if I change my primary email on my Xbox account

in XboX Insiders
    Will I loose anything if I change my primary email on my Xbox account: I’ve had my Xbox for as long as I can remember and have been playing under my dad’s gmail account. Now that I’m older I would like to change the primary email of the account to my email and delete...
  10. Achievements not updating or unlocking for Hell Let Loose(Game)

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Achievements not updating or unlocking for Hell Let Loose(Game): Hello! Achievements are not updating or unlocking in the game Hell Let Loose. I am meeting the criteria on multiple achievements daily and not seeing progress or unlocking the achievements. I...