“looks like you need to renew Xbox game pass”

Discus and support “looks like you need to renew Xbox game pass” in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Almost half of my games won’t work and It says ‘looks like you need to renew Xbox game pass’ I’ve tried booting up dreamlight valley but it’s not even... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by xXsomniXx, Nov 5, 2023.

1. xXsomniXx
    xXsomniXx Guest

Almost half of my games won’t work and It says ‘looks like you need to renew Xbox game pass’ I’ve tried booting up dreamlight valley but it’s not even a game pass one and all of my actual game pass one are completely fine. How do I fix this?

:)

xXsomniXx, Nov 5, 2023
  2. Nilay Bhattacharjee Win User

Looks like you need to Renew Xbox game pass

Hello Misledzulu,

I'm Nilay and I'll be glad to answer your query today.

You may have obtained the game through a game pass because even if you own the physical disc game if it's not inside the Xbox the license can't be read which means that you need to purchase the game digitally.

Previously, you may have played the game through game pass or through game sharing.

Try and uninstall the game then put your disc in to reinstall the game!

If this doesn't work, try contacting Minecraft support!

Good Luck
    Regards
  3. David Wirsching Win User

Hello XXsomniX, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

If you are experiencing problems with your Xbox games and receive a message that you need to renew Xbox Game Pass, even though some of the games are not part of Game Pass, here are some suggestions that might help you solve this problem:

Check your Xbox Game Pass subscription: Make sure your Xbox Game Pass subscription is active and in good standing. Sign in to your Microsoft account on the official Xbox website and check your subscription details to confirm it is valid. If your subscription has expired or there is a problem with it, you may not be able to access certain games.

Check the game license: If some of your games are not working and you receive the Game Pass renewal message, check the license of those games. Make sure you have the appropriate licenses for those games, either through individual purchase or through a specific subscription or season pass. If you don't have the correct license, you may not be able to play those games.

Update your games: Make sure all your games are updated to the latest version. Updates may include bug fixes and performance improvements that may resolve operational issues. Check to see if updates are available for non-working games and download them if necessary.

Reset your console: If the steps above do not resolve the issue, you can try resetting your Xbox console to factory settings. Please note that this will erase all data and settings on the console, so it is recommended to back up your important data before performing this step. A factory reset can fix persistent issues related to your console software.

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best regards.
  4. KJCAPTAIN420 Win User

”Looks like you need to renew Xbox Game Pass”

Did you own game before joining game pass??? If not and you got it from game pass you will have to renew to gain access to play. If you bought it from store then i am not sure why you would get that notification.
  5. RUBENSJUNIOR21 Win User

Do you own the game? if you do not have to renew the gamepass
  6. xbox24ru Win User

Hi there TSA Tam,

Are you signed into your actual microsoft xbox account with xbox game pass, and do you have any outstanding balances owed at all.

Please let us know thanks

Kind Regards

Alec
Thema:

1. “looks like you need to renew Xbox game pass” - Similar Threads - “looks need renew

2. Looking for groups needs to be fixed

in XboX Insiders
    Looking for groups needs to be fixed: Looking for groups is being abused by bots that are advertising scams by using the Xbox app. This needs to be fixed and people are getting scammed every day. I do report the posts but I can't...
  3. I need help fixing this issue it keeps happening with all my games the shadows look...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help fixing this issue it keeps happening with all my games the shadows look...: [img] can you help fix this problem 623e46f1-5832-4041-b00b-258e09110c9c
  4. Need help with linking my xbox account to epic games, I have been looking everywhere but I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help with linking my xbox account to epic games, I have been looking everywhere but I...: "There was an error processing the credentials from the external login system, please contact support". This is the message that pops up when I try linking my xbox account to my epic account, I...
  5. Looks like you need to renew Gold. If your subscription is current try quitting and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Looks like you need to renew Gold. If your subscription is current try quitting and...: So for whatever reason, I try to launch Minecraft, but it come up with this message, however, I have not subscribed for anything a7588e2d-599c-4947-99be-d13f170ab6cf
  6. ''Looks like you need to renew Xbox Game Pass'' even though I never even bought game pass.

in XBoX on Consoles
    ''Looks like you need to renew Xbox Game Pass'' even though I never even bought game pass.: It comes up when I try to play a few of the games that I have 6c0b3bc7-02cf-4422-9e0d-6b7743cfb826
  7. Looks like you need to renew Xbox Game Pass error when trying to load Minecraft. I own...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Looks like you need to renew Xbox Game Pass error when trying to load Minecraft. I own...: I briefly had Xbox Game Pass years ago, but I canceled it and have stayed with a Gold Membership since. I bought Minecraft before ever having Game Pass. Please help! I have tried resetting the...
  8. Looks like you need to Renew Xbox game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Looks like you need to Renew Xbox game pass: When I go to open Minecraft it tells me “looks like you need to renew Xbox game pass” but I own Minecraft and haven’t had game pass in several months I’ve tried resetting my Xbox aswell as...
  9. Can’t access fifa 23 after purchasing a code , gives the message ‘looks like you need to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t access fifa 23 after purchasing a code , gives the message ‘looks like you need to...: I bought a fifa 23 code a few months ago, and have been using the game since. but now it’s telling me i need to renew EA play, something that i’ve never purchased. how can i access the game ?...
  10. Looks like you need to renew EA play....error code 0x803f800d

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Looks like you need to renew EA play....error code 0x803f800d: so trying to play fifa 23 it won’t launch and it says i need to renew ea play 3785ca08-b698-4920-822e-059c5c334d33