''Looks like you need to renew Xbox Game Pass'' even though I never even bought game pass.

Discus and support ''Looks like you need to renew Xbox Game Pass'' even though I never even bought game pass. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; It comes up when I try to play a few of the games that I have 6c0b3bc7-02cf-4422-9e0d-6b7743cfb826 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by rymc _321, Sep 29, 2023.

1. rymc _321
    rymc _321 Guest

''Looks like you need to renew Xbox Game Pass'' even though I never even bought game pass.

It comes up when I try to play a few of the games that I have

:)

rymc _321, Sep 29, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

You may have obtained the game through a game pass because even if you own the physical disc game if it's not inside the Xbox the license can't be read which means that you need to purchase the game digitally.

Previously, you may have played the game through game pass or through game sharing.
  3. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

Do you have an active Xbox Live Gold subscription? It is required to have one whenever you're playing an online multiplayer game. To check kindly follow the steps below:

Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide, and then select System > Settings > Account > Subscriptions.

Make sure that you're also using the account where the game was purchased. To check sign in to https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders.

That may be a reason, however, you may need to check and validate your subscription as well as license for the game.
  4. Nkosana23 Win User

Hi. My name is Brilliant and I am happy to assist you today.

May you kindly confirm in which part of the game does it require you to renew Xbox Game Pass. Some games may be purchased in Store but may require Game Pass for some features, for example playing online.
  5. RainingBlood1010 Win User

I'll have to purchase it sometime today then, thank you very much for helping me with the problem!
  6. RainingBlood1010 Win User

Yes, in a previous post on here I stated my Xbox laser does not read video games anymore so I've resorted to buying my games digitally. I went to the microsoft store on my Xbox in order to purchase the game digitally, but I didn't have to as it said ''Install''. I just checked it out again though on the store and now it's saying ''buy to own''? Also, do you want the error message?

''If your subscription is current, try quitting and relaunching the game, If you tried to launch this from a disc, check the disc-it might be dirty or damaged. (0x803f800e)''
Thema:

1. ''Looks like you need to renew Xbox Game Pass'' even though I never even bought game pass. - Similar Threads - ''Looks need renew

2. Looking for groups needs to be fixed

in XboX Insiders
    Looking for groups needs to be fixed: Looking for groups is being abused by bots that are advertising scams by using the Xbox app. This needs to be fixed and people are getting scammed every day. I do report the posts but I can't...
  3. I need help fixing this issue it keeps happening with all my games the shadows look...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help fixing this issue it keeps happening with all my games the shadows look...: [img] can you help fix this problem 623e46f1-5832-4041-b00b-258e09110c9c
  4. Need help with linking my xbox account to epic games, I have been looking everywhere but I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help with linking my xbox account to epic games, I have been looking everywhere but I...: "There was an error processing the credentials from the external login system, please contact support". This is the message that pops up when I try linking my xbox account to my epic account, I...
  5. Looks like you need to renew Gold. If your subscription is current try quitting and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Looks like you need to renew Gold. If your subscription is current try quitting and...: So for whatever reason, I try to launch Minecraft, but it come up with this message, however, I have not subscribed for anything a7588e2d-599c-4947-99be-d13f170ab6cf
  6. “looks like you need to renew Xbox game pass”

in XBoX Games and Apps
    “looks like you need to renew Xbox game pass”: Almost half of my games won’t work and It says ‘looks like you need to renew Xbox game pass’ I’ve tried booting up dreamlight valley but it’s not even a game pass one and all of my actual game...
  7. Looks like you need to renew Xbox Game Pass error when trying to load Minecraft. I own...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Looks like you need to renew Xbox Game Pass error when trying to load Minecraft. I own...: I briefly had Xbox Game Pass years ago, but I canceled it and have stayed with a Gold Membership since. I bought Minecraft before ever having Game Pass. Please help! I have tried resetting the...
  8. Looks like you need to Renew Xbox game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Looks like you need to Renew Xbox game pass: When I go to open Minecraft it tells me “looks like you need to renew Xbox game pass” but I own Minecraft and haven’t had game pass in several months I’ve tried resetting my Xbox aswell as...
  9. Can’t access fifa 23 after purchasing a code , gives the message ‘looks like you need to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t access fifa 23 after purchasing a code , gives the message ‘looks like you need to...: I bought a fifa 23 code a few months ago, and have been using the game since. but now it’s telling me i need to renew EA play, something that i’ve never purchased. how can i access the game ?...
  10. Looks like you need to renew EA play....error code 0x803f800d

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Looks like you need to renew EA play....error code 0x803f800d: so trying to play fifa 23 it won’t launch and it says i need to renew ea play 3785ca08-b698-4920-822e-059c5c334d33