Looks like Scalebound has been cancelled

Discus and support Looks like Scalebound has been cancelled in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm putting this here as no one goes to General Game Discussion. I didn't have much interest in this game as it seemed to be missing something. If the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by brandiesel1, Jan 9, 2017.

1. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest

brandiesel1, Jan 9, 2017
  2. King Tones
    King Tones Guest
  3. xFrancisRP
    xFrancisRP Guest
    Scalebound cancelled

Microsoft, i always loved you, and one of my great expectations from this year was the recently cancelled game Scalebound.

You guys have said that this year was going to be great, and the year have just started with the cancellation of this great [MOD REMOVED] game!

I have to request you guys to do something about it, anything! Buy the rights of the game from the platinum, finish the game by yourselfs! You guys from Microsoft can easily do that!

I'm sure that this is not only a request from me, but from the hole comunity of Xbox and Win 10!

If you guys see this, please, do this! The whole comunity will be grateful!

xFrancisRP, Jan 9, 2017
  4. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest

Daft Badger, Jan 9, 2017
  5. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest
    Kind of a pity that another exclusive bites the dust.

brandiesel1, Jan 9, 2017
  6. BluSwirl
    BluSwirl Guest
    Not hugely surprised that it's been canceled, given the infrequent news updates since it was first revealed (back in 2015). At the time, a little known French outfit named Spiders had released a low budget game called Bound by Flames. I couldn't help but
    think of Scalebound as its 'triple-A' big brother - Bound by Scale. Promptly lost interest after its E3 demo whereupon they said multiplayer would mash together FOUR variants of the same lead character (forgot his name, but why bother looking it up when the
    game is already dead and buried?).

With Agents of Mayhem and Crackdown 3 on the cards this year, I can't honestly say that Bound by Scale will be missed. Also, given the hype surrounding that other Japanese freakazoid (Trico), I think Scalebound might've come off second best - as a platform-exclusive
    competitor. Whatevs.

BluSwirl, Jan 9, 2017
  7. Kr10sC
    Kr10sC Guest
    Well i am really angry about it, ok i understand that Microsoft would hace a solid reason to cancel the game after 3 years of development, but Xbox seems to have more and more of the same every year.

I own the XBO console more than a year ago, i play Xbox games since the first console but if i compare the games that the 360 used to have with the current scenario, it's really dissapointing: sorry but zombies, pirates and repetitive shooters everywhere
    are not enough for me, Fable Legends were cancelled in 2016 and now Scalebound suffered the same, did Microsoft anounced any fantasy/RPG game to take their place?

And please, don't give me another Id@Xbox crap, people also want AAA games with different things than a gun or our great Forza of every year, so stop cancelling games like this and bring us some!

Sorry for my poor english, cheers from Argentina.

Kr10sC, Jan 10, 2017
  8. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest

It wouldn't surprise me if Crackdown 3 suffered a similar fate. When have we seen anything new on that the past 2 years?

brandiesel1, Jan 10, 2017
  9. BluSwirl
    BluSwirl Guest
    BluSwirl, Jan 10, 2017
  10. BluSwirl
    BluSwirl Guest
    Umm, why is my link not working? How do you copy and paste from Microsoft Edge (thru Xbox One)? Grr.

BluSwirl, Jan 10, 2017
  11. Goth Vampirella, Jan 10, 2017
  12. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest
    I've never even looked at Eurogamer before so thanks for giving me a new site to hover around.

brandiesel1, Jan 10, 2017
  13. BluSwirl
    BluSwirl Guest

Best clickbait eva!!! Thanks a bunch, Goth!

BluSwirl, Jan 10, 2017
  14. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    Thought Crackdown 3 was a Scorpio launch title.

Be a bit embarrassing if it does get cancelled.

Daft Badger, Jan 10, 2017
  15. maxen
    maxen Guest
    This wasn't terribly high on my must-have list, but it's a shame to see any game cancelled. Though it's better to axe it than to keep working away and eventually release something sub-par that damages the perception of all involved.

It sounds like Platinum have plenty of other projects going on so hopefully they'll be all right, unlike Lionhead and Press Play last year for whom cancellations spelled the end.

maxen, Jan 10, 2017
Thema: