Looking for a Wireless HDMI Transmitter. Any suggestions welcome.

Discus and support Looking for a Wireless HDMI Transmitter. Any suggestions welcome. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I really want a way of playing my XOne on other TV's in the house without having to do rewire the house. I've HD some wireless transmitters in the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mike Glynn, Mar 2, 2014.

1. Mike Glynn
    Mike Glynn Guest

Hi, I really want a way of playing my XOne on other TV's in the house without having to do rewire the house. I've HD some wireless transmitters in the past and they've been pants, but nothing in the last 5-7 years some assume they've come along al lot since
    then.

So as long as it has a HDMI in and HDMI Out dongle, I'm hoping someone has had a good one they can recommend.

P.S... if anyone from MS reads this, SmartGlass should have a function to let me stream my Xbox One output to my Win 8.1 Tablet, then people wouldn't have this problem. Hint hint.

:)

Mike Glynn, Mar 2, 2014
  2. Tangerla
    Tangerla Guest
    Wirelessly connecting XBOX one to TV in another room?

You can get a wireless HDMI video transmitter. I haven't priced them but one I saw on Amazon.com (IOGEAR GW3DHDKIT Wireless 3D Digital Kit with Full HD 1080P and 5.1 Channel Digital Audio) was around $190. You would also have to buy an HDMI splitter as well
    (around $25) unless you can deal with swapping your HDMI cable between the main TV and the wireless transmitter each time you want to switch TVs.

I wouldn't recommend the wireless transmitter if you were going to play games on your second TV due to possible lag issues.

Tangerla, Mar 2, 2014
  3. SoljaBoy1906
    SoljaBoy1906 Guest
    Controller connectivity...Please Advise.......

Damn, im having the same issue, my 360 controller worked perfectly, and i use a wireless HDMI transmitter to not have cords running everywhere. I think im screwed, im so disappointed....

SoljaBoy1906, Mar 2, 2014
  4. Randver
    Randver Guest

There is a company called Nyrius and they have an Aries series of wireless transmitters ranging from 150 to 250 US dollars.

I use one for my gaming laptop and works great. No lag or other issues. Haven't tried it with a console yet but according to Nyrius they are all compatible. I was just looking at picking up another one last week just need to decide which model.

Randver, Mar 2, 2014
  5. jaspertodd
    jaspertodd Guest
    Wow, I never even thought of this. This is a very good idea, it would be realy nice to not have to disconnect my xbox to move to another room. I'm glad I came in here.

But are they realy that much money 100 too 200 bucks? I'm gonna have to do some googling look around and see what's what out there. Thanks....

jaspertodd, Mar 2, 2014
  6. Randver
    Randver Guest
    @jaspertodd

This is definitely one of those techs that you get what you pay for.

I tried some of the cheaper models (50 to 100 range) and about wrote this off as being a solution. Went with the Nyrius and the difference is night and day.

Randver, Mar 2, 2014
  7. N7 Gh0stz
    N7 Gh0stz Guest
    so let me get this right i can get something that would let me play my xbox one on my tv upstairs while the xbox is downstairs

N7 Gh0stz, Mar 2, 2014
  8. Randver
    Randver Guest

@N7 Gh0stz

You wouldn't be able to game, the controller is the limiting factor there.

Using Smartglass to do everything else.....Yep

Randver, Mar 2, 2014
  9. Spacman77
    Spacman77 Guest
    Nice one. Will look into this.

Spacman77, Mar 2, 2014
  10. Well, this got my interest.

Galactic Geek, Mar 2, 2014
  11. Spacman77
    Spacman77 Guest
    Looking around at the mo. Not sure which one will work with the xbox one.

Spacman77, Mar 2, 2014
  12. Randver
    Randver Guest
    This is the model I think I'm going with and it specifically says it works with the One. I'm just running out of HDMI ports on TV's and I need to figure out if using a HDMI switch with this will cause any issues.

www.amazon.com/.../ref=sr_1_3

Randver, Mar 2, 2014
  13. Spacman77
    Spacman77 Guest

Yeah that was the one I was looking at but over here in the uk its £249.99. bit too steep for my liking!

Spacman77, Mar 2, 2014
  14. Randver
    Randver Guest
    I'm trying to figure out if the IR extender feature on it will work with the One controller. My tech knowledge regarding IR is virtually non-existent, never had to worry about not being in the same room with the device.

Randver, Mar 2, 2014
  15. I think this is a very cool product for a small niche market. If you need it then the money you spend will greatly reflect and is actually a very cool solution. Personally though, if I were working in a electronics store on a non-commision basis, I'd strongly
    urge people to go with a cheaper and more stable wired setup unless completely necessary.

Dynamic Sausage, Mar 2, 2014
Thema:

1. Looking for a Wireless HDMI Transmitter. Any suggestions welcome. - Similar Threads - Looking Wireless HDMI

2. I'm looking for some Rust friends

in XboX Insiders
    I'm looking for some Rust friends: Anybody down in playing Rust .??? If so let me know so we can team up and become friends and take over whatever we can and build and learn things together as well ... Like I said if so just let me...
  3. so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around...

in XBoX on Consoles
    so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around...: so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around LT and RT instead of one of my joysticks f4b7a134-1bf5-46de-a074-9f4c339e40f9
  4. As this other person said I wish U could look at your old profile pictures as I would love...

in XBoX Accessibility
    As this other person said I wish U could look at your old profile pictures as I would love...: I hope this really does happen 27301770-5608-4b09-bd41-71ed6fd7e114
  5. I cant post or “be interested” in any looking for group posts

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I cant post or “be interested” in any looking for group posts: I cant post a looking for group or “be interested” on my main account but can if i make a new account i checked my moderation and ban history and i haven't received any suspensions apart from a...
  6. How do you get enforced from making a looking for group post for a roleplay community?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do you get enforced from making a looking for group post for a roleplay community?: I've been trying to recruit members for my group and every time I do my post gets taken down and I get enforced over and over again, I have many enforcements from making looking for group posts...
  7. All of my PC games keep freezing. Looking for any recommendations

in XBoX on Windows
    All of my PC games keep freezing. Looking for any recommendations: everywhere I look for answers to this problem, they keep telling me to update my display drivers (every driver on my pc is up to date and windows says there are no updates). Every game I try goes...
  8. Suspended for making innocent looking for group posts

in XBoX on Windows
    Suspended for making innocent looking for group posts: A couple of days ago I was playing R6 Siege with 2 of my friends and we decided we wanted to help out lower-level players improve, so I made a total of 3 looking for group posts across a time...
  9. Please help: looking for new headphones

in XboX Insiders
    Please help: looking for new headphones: Recently bought VOID RBG elite wireless headphones, but quickly realized they do not work with Xbox one. Looking for recommendations on headphones to use. I’ve been thinking of these two: turtle...
  10. SideBar costume suggestion PLS LOOK

in XboX Insiders
    SideBar costume suggestion PLS LOOK: Ca you make it so you can customize you side bar solid colours or game backgrounds maybe characters like masterchief or batman etc. I love you console <3 submitted by /u/That-Ad-4006 [link]...