Long time xbox fanboy very upset here...

Discus and support Long time xbox fanboy very upset here... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The console is made for gamers, classic or new, both companies want the same demographic. Both consoles were rushed to market, however the XB1 was... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CollapseControl, Jan 23, 2014.

  1. Long time xbox fanboy very upset here...


    The console is made for gamers, classic or new, both companies want the same demographic.

    Both consoles were rushed to market, however the XB1 was more behind schedule from what I read. As soon as Sony said Fall 2013, MS had to do the same.

    I believe Sony started working on the PS4 a lot faster because the PS3 was not as great as it was thought to be.

    As the months roll on and the developers get more time with all hardware the differences will become even more slim. Then it will be back to the days of exclusive content or for gamers with friends, where they are playing.
     
    CollapseControl, Jan 23, 2014
    #16
  2. J.R.G.
    J.R.G. Guest
    This is why some would call you a troll. If it's so obvious...why are you here? M.S. at this point can not change the systems specs.

    >

    Peace, J.R.
     
    J.R.G., Jan 23, 2014
    #17
  3. Wow, you guys are dense. I never said I was getting a ps4. I said I was staying with the 360. When developers are saying it plays better on one console over another that's just a fact.

    I don't know where you guys are coming from, but there is a WORLD OF DIFFERENCE between 720p & 1080p. 60 frames is smooth as butter 30 frames is clunky.

    If you don't see or feel the difference then you either don't want to or are delusional.

    I would put up with it for $399 or less but it is just stupid to get upcharged to get less.
     
    x Dirty Old Man, Jan 23, 2014
    #18
  4. Long time xbox fanboy very upset here...

    Ok, now I'm being called cheap because I refuse to pay more for less. Are you guys listening to yourselves.
     
    x Dirty Old Man, Jan 23, 2014
    #19
  5. Stoyvensen
    Stoyvensen Guest
    [quote user="x Dirty Old Man"]As each month passes since release[/quote]



    Haha, as each of the 2 months have passed.



    [quote user="x Dirty Old Man"]It's a shame that they put a camera and cheap TV gimmicks[/quote]



    A shame? A shame that you can now watch TV without switching inputs and you can now use voice control a long with using the controller to quickly access your content? How is this a shame?



    [quote user="x Dirty Old Man"]I really don't want to buy Sony product or have anything to do with their obnoxious fan base. [/quote]

    Sounds like you'd fit in nicely.





    [quote user="x Dirty Old Man"]It makes me very sad that MS has denied me the best possible gaming expierience [/quote]

    They haven't. You're just finding something to whine about. Also, you spelled experience wrong. You have now denied me the best possible reading experience.
     
    Stoyvensen, Jan 23, 2014
    #20
  6. DuFFuL
    DuFFuL Guest
    A lot of games ran at 720p and 30 fps on the 360 and I thought they looked great and played very smooth. Plus I own a high end gaming pc and you know what. It's not that much of a difference. But hey if it's not for then that's all good. No ones forcing
    you into anything. Just don't come here telling us we are all wrong and delusional.
     
    DuFFuL, Jan 23, 2014
    #21
  7. Burst Axe
    Burst Axe Guest
    @Dirty You just called yourself cheap by telling us the price that you specifically would put up with it. You also suggested the "staying with 360 option" so at this point you are arguing with yourself not us. If you really want it? Buy it. If you want it
    at a price more suitable to you pockets? Wait. Calling stuff gimmicks just makes you look salty.
     
    Burst Axe, Jan 23, 2014
    #22
  8. Long time xbox fanboy very upset here...

    A good game is a good game, that is it. Tomb Raider is just as good on the 360 as it is on the PS4, for example. Game play over Graphics all the time. To majority of the gamers in the world, and believe me it is a lot, 1080/720 60/30 numbers don't matter
    in the slightest. Why would people play games like Minecraft if all this mattered. Why would people play handhelds or flash games if this mattered? It doesn't.

    As for spending $100 more on "inferior" is subjective. The overall package is just fine and for those who really care, it will improve.
     
    CollapseControl, Jan 23, 2014
    #23
  9. XxMavr1kxX
    XxMavr1kxX Guest
    For the OP.

    I really don't get the point of this. For one the Kinect adds to navigating the UI. I find it very useful, and since I like to watch TV, the pass through is a much welcomed feature in my book.

    Every one is up in arms about resolution, or FPS. First 30 fps is not bad. Below that it gets clunky.

    Second, its still basically the first wave of games. The box been out 2 months. What did games on the 360 look like the first year it was out? Nothing like when it ended, so why would this gen be any different then last?

    Last, lets just see what happens when TR comes out. This whole story started with a website that no one knows about, and the person that wrote the article on that site posted it to Neogaf. Then it set the internet on fire. The Dev actually never said what
    the X1 FPS is. He said they were targeting 30fps for both systems. The PS4 does hit 60 at times, doesnt maintain it all the time. Everybody just started assuming since the PS4 could hit 60, the X1 couldn't, but there is no confirmation on that.
     
    XxMavr1kxX, Jan 23, 2014
    #24
  10. Lloydy25
    Lloydy25 Guest
    1080p has more than double the amount of pixels of 720p.

    But it is pointless trying to discuss opinions here. The vocal majority are closed-minded and insulting. Also this thread will be locked and / or deleted as only positive threads are allowed on the forum, even ones with lies and misinformation.
     
    Lloydy25, Jan 23, 2014
    #25
  11. ShawnKneher
    ShawnKneher Guest
    [quote user="CollapseControl"]

    As for spending $100 more on "inferior" is subjective. The overall package is just fine and for those who really care, it will improve.

    [/quote]



    I think the OP exaggerates with talk of inferior hardware. However, I also think MS does have an issue to address here, outlined in the below conversation;

    Person1: "What console should I get?"

    XBOX1 Owner: "Do you want it to control your TV?"

    Person1: "nah, I really just want to play some games."

    The answer is going to come back PS4 far too often, simply because it’s at least as good at playing games and its100 bucks less.
     
    ShawnKneher, Jan 23, 2014
    #26
  12. Burst Axe
    Burst Axe Guest
    @Yozoo Expect Xbox One has all the games getting all the buzz. PS4 only has some of the games. With that in mind the conversation can go very differently.

    -

    If people start off with TV features anyway then person 1 asked the wrong Xbox owner.
     
    Burst Axe, Jan 23, 2014
    #27
  13. Long time xbox fanboy very upset here...

    The higher the FPS the more responsive the controls are.



    The higher the native resolution the more clarity you have.



    Both are very important, it isnt simply about "graphics".



    The perks of a 1080p image is that distant objects npcs, or players are clear.



    Higher FPS speaks for itself, When you have a high fps uncapped without vsync it adds ALOT of controlability to game, This is why games like COD and fighting games target 60fps, cause @ 30fps alot of the game would be lost.



    Seems Xbox one has a lower instance for tolerance when it has to compromise 1 of these 2 important game aspects.



    Sure it will get better,



    but so will the PS4, and well when even the ps4 starts to have to make small compromises on a mutiplat, The xbox one will take a huge hit or not even be able to play the game all together.



    Later down the road The ps4 will play games the Xbox one will never be able too. PS4 is the next gen standard, Xbox one is the spin off, and for some, it stings.
     
    SunwardSquire26, Jan 23, 2014
    #28
  14. J.R.G.
    J.R.G. Guest
    I have both systems and do not feel the X1 is offering me less. To get voice controls on the PS4 I would have to shell out another $60.00 for the Eyetoy. My friend has the Eyetoy and seems more impressed with the Kinect; I have yet to make it over his house
    to check it out.

    >

    Like others have said," If you want it at a price more suitable to you pockets? Wait.". You might be waiting awhile though.

    >

    Peace, J.R.
     
    J.R.G., Jan 23, 2014
    #29
  15. Wow, just wow. I'm getting insulted, bashed and called names for stating my opinion. I'm ashamed to say that I know where you guys are coming from.

    I've defended MS on many a forum and you tube.

    I have been a defender of the faith for a long time now. Only to be devoured by my own pack.

    I would like to thank you all for opening my eyes and coming to a new conclusion.

    It doesn't matter if you are a fanboy of Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo, or the PC. You are all *** nuts.
     
    x Dirty Old Man, Jan 23, 2014
    #30
Thema:

Long time xbox fanboy very upset here...

Loading...
  1. Long time xbox fanboy very upset here... - Similar Threads - Long fanboy very

  2. Why is the NextGen survey so long?!

    in XboX Insiders
    Why is the NextGen survey so long?!: I've answered about 100 questions and I'm only 40% through... I'm generally happy to contribute but, seriously, I'm struggling to find the energy to complete it. Shorter, focused surveys would be...
  3. 300-week Pulse streak! Who else is on a long streak?

    in XboX Insiders
    300-week Pulse streak! Who else is on a long streak?: Hey everyone, I just hit my 300 weekly pulse streak! (12 years in the program, Level 61). I still haven't received the Xbox Insider badge yet, but hopefully I get it soon! Are any of you on a...
  4. Why are long Xbox gamertags no longer allowed like before?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why are long Xbox gamertags no longer allowed like before?: I say this because I have seen several Xbox 360 profiles that have more than 16 characters, and I wonder why now the limit is simply 12. Really, sorry for my ignorance, correct me if necessary,...
  5. Microsoft is said to have a long term plan to take full control of the gaming industry

    in XboX Insiders
    Microsoft is said to have a long term plan to take full control of the gaming industry: Microsoft is said to have a long term plan to take full control of the gaming industry. The real goal isn’t consoles or hardware but cloud gaming XCloud. Ownership would disappear because it...
  6. Old Account Log in for the First Time in a Long Time

    in XboX Insiders
    Old Account Log in for the First Time in a Long Time: So. I log in to my xbox account after probably over 10 years of inactivity. I remember fondly all the games I used to play and how fun it was to enjoy them over the massive library I collected....
  7. #FreePuppyMonkeyBaby It's been far too long

    in XboX Insiders
    #FreePuppyMonkeyBaby It's been far too long: https://chng.it/JMz4ZkbVbt submitted by /u/EmotionalLog5678 [link] [comments]
  8. Account deletion to re-enroll how long?

    in XboX Insiders
    Account deletion to re-enroll how long?: How long does it take to delete account and re-enroll. Delta Force wasnt working (imagine that) so deleted account to re-enroll for the beta. submitted by /u/Jazzlike-Sherbet2776 [link] [comments]
  9. My xbox ui is moving slow and taking a long time to load basic things after and attempted...

    in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox ui is moving slow and taking a long time to load basic things after and attempted...: My xbox ui is moving slow and taking a long time to load basic things after and attempted region switch, I've switched back to my orginal region and restarted the xbox, cleared the cache and also...
  10. I bought Gears of War 2 about 2 years ago and didn’t use my xbox X for that long. Now I...

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought Gears of War 2 about 2 years ago and didn’t use my xbox X for that long. Now I...: I bought Gears of War 2 about 2 years ago and didn’t use my xbox X for that long. Now I log back in and I don’t see it in my library and nothing on my purchase history? * Moved from Community...